NERF RANGERS

LazySummer.2568

Dunno, I think this class is trying to fly under the radar from the pee vee pee subforums by being the last class not mentioned, and I mean, I still see them played in like every one of my plat games so it must mean they're OP.

My arguments?

BROKEN AI PET SPAMMING CC EVERY 5s AND DOING 80% OF THE DPS FOR THEMGOD LIKE LEVEL OF SUSTAIN + MOBILITY / KITING WITH MUDDY TERRAIN HEAL SPAMINSANE 1500 (MORE LIKE 2000) RANGE SIC EM PEW PEWOP BLOCK WITH CC + EVADE ON SUPER LOW 15s CD WHEN ALL OTHER CCS ABILITIES HAVE AT LEAST 20s CD (dont fact check me on this one pls i didt do research ty)STEALTH SPAM + PLASMA (WTF I THOUGHT ONLY THIEVES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ACCESS THESE CHEATS LMAO)EVADE SPAM THAT RIVALS EVEN WEAVERS AND THIEVES (i mean just look at their sword, greatsword, dagger skills c'mon)BRAINDEAD DOWNSTATE THANKS AGAIN TO THEIR AIREVIVES THEIR AI FOR FREE BY MERGINGand to top this all off they also got CRAZY STABILITY UP TIME WITH LIKE 20 STACKS BY JUST PRESSING 2 BUTTONS.

inb4 l2p / just dodge 4head. Only monkey, biased ranger mains use these non-arguments.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LazySummer.2568 said:Dunno, I think this class is trying to fly under the radar from the pee vee pee subforums by being the last class not mentioned, and I mean, I still see them played in like every one of my plat games so it must mean they're OP.

My arguments?

BROKEN AI PET SPAMMING CC EVERY 5s AND DOING 80% OF THE DPS FOR THEMGOD LIKE LEVEL OF SUSTAIN + MOBILITY / KITING WITH MUDDY TERRAIN HEAL SPAMINSANE 1500 (MORE LIKE 2000) RANGE SIC EM PEW PEWOP BLOCK WITH CC + EVADE ON SUPER LOW 15s CD WHEN ALL OTHER CCS ABILITIES HAVE AT LEAST 20s CD (dont fact check me on this one pls i didt do research ty)STEALTH SPAM + PLASMA (kitten I THOUGHT ONLY THIEVES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ACCESS THESE CHEATS LMAO)EVADE SPAM THAT RIVALS EVEN WEAVERS AND THIEVES (i mean just look at their sword, greatsword, dagger skills c'mon)BRAINDEAD DOWNSTATE THANKS AGAIN TO THEIR AIREVIVES THEIR AI FOR FREE BY MERGINGand to top this all off they also got CRAZY STABILITY UP TIME WITH LIKE 20 STACKS BY JUST PRESSING 2 BUTTONS.

inb4 l2p / just dodge 4head. Only monkey, biased ranger mains use these non-arguments.

Alot of their things should be smoothed over.GS block is just better version of warriors block. Should get extra cooldown, why does counterkick even have an evade frame tied to it?3s block, 0,75s evade and knockback on 15s cd, overloaded much?Longbow autos seem to bend the time and space to hit around corners.Pets are gliched.And boons ( but its more of a boonbeast thing )Hopefully ranger gets shaves too during the patch.I actually prefer fighting warriors/holos above rangers due to the bullshit pets an the way the class kites just makes me mald.

@LazySummer.2568 said:Dunno, I think this class is trying to fly under the radar from the pee vee pee subforums by being the last class not mentioned, and I mean, I still see them played in like every one of my plat games so it must mean they're OP.

My arguments?

BROKEN AI PET SPAMMING CC EVERY 5s AND DOING 80% OF THE DPS FOR THEMGOD LIKE LEVEL OF SUSTAIN + MOBILITY / KITING WITH MUDDY TERRAIN HEAL SPAMINSANE 1500 (MORE LIKE 2000) RANGE SIC EM PEW PEWOP BLOCK WITH CC + EVADE ON SUPER LOW 15s CD WHEN ALL OTHER CCS ABILITIES HAVE AT LEAST 20s CD (dont fact check me on this one pls i didt do research ty)STEALTH SPAM + PLASMA (kitten I THOUGHT ONLY THIEVES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ACCESS THESE CHEATS LMAO)EVADE SPAM THAT RIVALS EVEN WEAVERS AND THIEVES (i mean just look at their sword, greatsword, dagger skills c'mon)BRAINDEAD DOWNSTATE THANKS AGAIN TO THEIR AIREVIVES THEIR AI FOR FREE BY MERGINGand to top this all off they also got CRAZY STABILITY UP TIME WITH LIKE 20 STACKS BY JUST PRESSING 2 BUTTONS.

When i played druid spec it wasn't that crazy in stab amount, but im far from being good, but muddy terrain is pretty nice cc. It has a 25 sec cd though.

I'd rather you not touch muddy terrain please, as druid needs multiple cc's in order to use to escape being insta bursted down. while playing heal druid spec.

Mind if i ask which pet? all pets have a cd on their cc's and some of them have bigger cds than others.

Rangers only have 2 stealth abilities that are limited 1 is stalk jaguar pet and the other is hunters shot on a 12 sec cd, jaguar has 30 sec cd, and aren't that crazy.

Sic em got nerfed recently btw yes it was crazy but it was already nerfed.

Rangers have 2 abilities revive 1 is search and rescue which i heard is awful other is natures renewal druid specific has 1 called glyph of the stars celestial avatar.

I'm sorry to say you sound like you are seriously exaggerating can you please record a gameplay next time?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:at the very least anet should nerf some of the kitten ai damage. mainly gazelle.

lol gazelle's AI damage is atrocious as long as u don't stand still and facetank. if u have a problem with AI pet damage complain about smokescale. now if you're referring to the merged gazelle skills then it's another matter altogether

My arguments?

The range with bow is definitely broken because of the arch. Depending on their position to you the range can stretch beyond 1500 to 2000 or maybe greater. After 1500 range their bows should just disappear or say miss. Exploiting position to extend what should be a strict range value is smart on behalf of the ranger, but poor balancing on the part of the developers.

Guys lets do it like this; instead of demanding nerfs for the professions we struggle against, and for really unbalanced ones, lets demand an overall balance. And lets demand it to be good. Not like "oh this time we are changing these but in the long run We wILl ChAnGe blah blah blah". Hell no this game is 7 years old. Dev team or their plan might be new but our problems are not.

Demand balance, not nerfs. Demand changes not class destruction. Not just for one class but for all.

Good to know that the old sic em sniper boonbeast Paladin and zerker Amulett build with greatsword, longbow and offhand sword wh, axe dagger is back... Time to come back to this game. I need to whitness broken smokescale burst that does 20k DMG again. Btw Maul still does 30k dmg in Core Ranger and wins every 1n1 right ???

@"knite.1542" said:How dare you imply that rangers are OP.

The ranger police will be here to correct you soon.

I have arrived. But what I have to say is probably not what you would have expected.

First I want to point out the difference between yolo/duo builds and organized team play builds. Some builds are really strong during yolo or even duo play vs. a bunch of yolo/duo players. When your team has less communication, and you have to rely more upon yourself, the yolo build is strong. When your opponents have less team synergy and aren't devising constant 2v1 +s against you, or making sure your class counter is always on your back, a yolo build is strong. But during organized team play, all of this completely changes.

With organized team play, builds that seem less dominant in yolo/duo ques, become strong with team coordination to the point that they sometimes feel broken. A Herald is a great example of this. When the Herald is running around yolo, with no one on his team who has the sense to coordinate around his job role, which he requires to be effective, he seems average and on par with other classes. However in an organized team, when everyone is orchestrating plays around the Herald's support and DPS output, he becomes broken and exploitive when compared to other classes/builds and what they bring to the table in terms of potential team play synergy & coordination.

Now you have the opposite happening with the yolo build. The yolo build is strong in yolo/duo queues because these builds are generally selfish and front load a ton of utilities & abilities that are designed around self survival, 1v1ing, and fast rotations & disengages to be able to avoid meat grinder situations that the rest of its silver badge team keeps getting caught in. However in organized team play, the yolo build begins to have problems that often make it no longer viable at all for any type of AT or Tournament play. This even holds true for higher tiered ranked games when many plat 2+ players end up in the same game together. What I mean is that: When stronger players are more aware of what's going on around the map, they don't allow a yolo build to approach their team mate on a node and go win a 1v1 against him. They follow the yolo build and 2v1+ against it for a fast kill, or to run it off, so the yolo is always being forced to disengage instead of deal damage & hold nodes. Some players are so aware of what's going on, that they will simply make sure to position that yolo build's counter against wherever he is going, so that strong yolo build can't achieve anything productive in the match. When these kinds of things begin to happen, the yolo build realizes he has to start team fighting to be productive at all, or begin engaging 2v2s, because the opponents are not allowing him to utilize the strengths of his selfish build structure that is designed to abuse the lack of awareness of his opponents, such as Sic Em Soulbeasts or Deadeyes or Rifle Warriors. When the yolo is forced to engage team fights & 2v2s, he is quickly reminded of his lack of synergy with other classes/builds. He is not an AoE boon splashing boon removing machine. He is not tossing hard AoE heals. He is not dropping water fields and blasting them all over his team mates. He is not dropping massive AoE CC play. He has no quick stomp/quick revive mechanics, and surely nothing instant. The yolo build begins to lose 2v2s & team fights for these reasons of lack of powerful synergy. He realizes that in organized team play, his yolo build is unable to land opportunities to wield its strengths. He realizes that better players are too aware. They don't allow him to skulk around to set up a burst, or leave him to a 1v1 on a node when he is obvious going to win. He realizes that during higher tiered matches when he is forced to engage 2v2s and team fights, his build is losing matches due to its lack of ability to synergize attribute tied game mechanics & effects with team mates, such as the constant cycling of AoE splash healing, condi cleansing, field dropping, field blasting, boon splashing in general, or mass AoE boon removals & CC effects. He begins to recognize why his strong yolo class/build has zero representation amongst MAT teams.

Understand that Ranger/Soulbeast is a yolo class/build. Understand that if players want to advocate the nerfing of its yolo strengths, Ranger players are going to begin advocating the buffing of its team play strengths. Be very careful what you wish for with CMC.

Let's INB4: "But the game shouldn't be balanced around the top tier!" because the game shouldn't only be balanced around the mediocre either. If players wish to toss respectable suggestions, they should consider this.

Oh and on a side note, please stop the ultra over exaggerations of Ranger damage. Even on a Berserker/Skirm/Beast/Soulbeast who is using Sic Em, it's rare to see Mauls over 11k, or WI over 12-13k, or Rapid Fires over 10-12k, and even those numbers are if the person has no protection and has vuln on them. A lot of you guys like to say: "I got 1SHOT by a Ranger" and that is just not true at all. For anything to look like a 1SHOT on a Ranger at this point, it has to be a Soulbeast merged who is using Sic Em, and you must be getting caught in a long combo such as: LB 5 > Rapid Fire and you're not moving out of the way or trying to LOS at all. When it comes to Maul/WI, at best you're getting 2HKO if the Soulbeast is running glass cannon Sic Em, which means you can kill him just as fast as he can kill you. Try engaging it instead of ignoring it. Core Rangers on the other hand, are dealing no more damage and are no more sustainy than anything else in the game right now. People just FREAK OUT about ranged attacks and pets. The interesting thing here about the psychologically vs. ranged & pets, is that we could quite seriously chop off 1/4th of all the Ranger's damage on every attack, and halve the pet damage to 50% of what it is now, and I guarantee you that we'd still have players coming into this forum and complaining about the damage output, just because it comes from ranged and a pet.

sic em need to be disabled because it's breaking the game, when they use it a skill that dmg 8k like rapid fire turn into 20k dmg for some reason, even if they are glass cannon they can use troll unguent to survive every hit you throw at them because it's healing way more than any skill can hit, after that they just use alot of evades and blocks to survive, so in the end they are not glass cannon unless they are afk

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:sic em need to be disabled because it's breaking the game, when they use it a skill that dmg 8k like rapid fire turn into 20k dmg for some reason, even if they are glass cannon they can use troll unguent to survive every hit you throw at them because it's healing way more than any skill can hit, after that they just use alot of evades and blocks to survive, so in the end they are not glass cannon unless they are afk

I dont get why you complain against troll urgenthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Troll_Unguentmirage has false oasishttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/False_OasisThat heals same ammout.Heals FasterProvides VigorAND mirage mirror for extra regen + ambush + evade + potential protection depending on build.Sic em is 25% dmg boost + reveal. Its strong in what it does but there are skills that can have similar function with cherries on top.Frenzy from war gives quickness, 10 might and can act as stun removing tool.If you wanna complain, then complain against right things.Fix bugged extra rangeFix arrows curving around corners to bend space and time to hit people.Fix pets spasming.And go from there, hit ridiculous 2min + swiftness, and skills that are clearly better then their counterparts like shield block if the above is not good enough.