50 Blades

Ovark.2514

Warriors need to have a reason to complete 100 Blades. The only time they ever do it is when cleaving a body. I propose moving half the damage from the first partof Whirlwind Attack to the end. This would allow this heavy hitting attack which has basically no wind-up to have some dodgeability/counterplay. Edit: I'm talking about these two skills because of the Bulls Charge, half of 100 blades, Whirlwind attack combo that warriors do all the time. Implimenting this change might discourage warriors from using whirlwind attack at close range before completing a 100 blades.

@Virdo.1540 said:i get his point. But there is a reason why people cant hit with the full skill. Its too strong. In order of balancing, its a stationary thing.

and i dont think it needs to be changed.

If the skill is too strong why wouldn't you want to hit with the full thing? It's just because Whirlwind attack is stronger right?

@Ovark.2514 said:Warriors need to have a reason to complete 100 Blades. The only time they ever do it is when cleaving a body. I propose moving half the damage from the first partof Whirlwind Attack to the end. This would allow this heavy hitting attack which has basically no wind-up to have some dodgeability/counterplay. Edit: I'm talking about these two skills because of the Bulls Charge, half of 100 blades, Whirlwind attack combo that warriors do all the time. Implimenting this change might discourage warriors from using whirlwind attack at close range before completing a 100 blades.

I've been saying it for years, Warriors should have been able to walk and move during 100 Blades animation. It's AoE effect is not large or practical enough to stand and complete the cast, in the same way that other stationary effects function, such as Ranger Axe 5. Though due to how things work in the engine, I'm sure that would never happen.

Here are some alternate suggestions that would make full casting 100 Blades worthwhile:

• 100 Blades grants a reflect effect for the first 3s of the cast, or at least negates projectiles for first 3s. It could synergize with the shield trait, where it only negates with no trait, but reflects with shield trait.
  • 100 Blades final strike grants 30 ADR and recharges burst, if the final strike hits.
  • 100 Blades final strike reduces the recharge of elite by some odd amount of seconds, if the strike hits.

^ I don't think any of that is OP. if a person stands and gets hit by 100 Blades final strike, they deserve to get trucked directly afterwards.

@Ovark.2514 said:

@Virdo.1540 said:i get his point. But there is a reason why people cant hit with the full skill. Its too strong. In order of balancing, its a stationary thing.

and i dont think it needs to be changed.

If the skill is too strong why wouldn't you want to hit with the full thing? It's just because Whirlwind attack is stronger right?

the part where it hits is ok dmg-wise. Whirlwind is too strong,yes

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Ovark.2514 said:Warriors need to have a reason to complete 100 Blades. The only time they ever do it is when cleaving a body. I propose moving half the damage from the first partof Whirlwind Attack to the end. This would allow this heavy hitting attack which has basically no wind-up to have some dodgeability/counterplay. Edit: I'm talking about these two skills because of the Bulls Charge, half of 100 blades, Whirlwind attack combo that warriors do all the time. Implimenting this change might discourage warriors from using whirlwind attack at close range before completing a 100 blades.

I've been saying it for years, Warriors should have been able to walk and move during 100 Blades animation. It's AoE effect is not large or practical enough to stand and complete the cast, in the same way that other stationary effects function, such as Ranger Axe 5. Though due to how things work in the engine, I'm sure that would never happen.

Here are some alternate suggestions that would make full casting 100 Blades worthwhile:
  • 100 Blades grants a reflect effect for the first 3s of the cast, or at least negates projectiles for first 3s. It could synergize with the shield trait, where it only negates with no trait, but reflects with shield trait.
  • 100 Blades final strike grants 30 ADR and recharges burst, if the final strike hits.
  • 100 Blades final strike reduces the recharge of elite by some odd amount of seconds, if the strike hits.

^ I don't think any of that is OP. if a person stands and gets hit by 100 Blades final strike, they deserve to get trucked directly afterwards.

Oh god please no more projectile mitigation, especially reflect, tyvm.

Bulls Charge, half of 100 blades, Whirlwind attack

Dodge, stability, block, invuln, stunbreak and 100b becomes a non problem.

The reason why warriors cancel 100b is because unless they have quickness they legit cannot finish the animation before their target isn't cc'd so they would be left standing there wide open. Shorter animation and less damage? Sure I'd take it.

Pay attention to how warrior works and you will find that whirlwind is predictable and easily avoided.

@Tycura.1982 said:

The reason why warriors cancel 100b is because unless they have quickness they legit cannot finish the animation before their target isn't cc'd so they would be left standing there wide open. Shorter animation and less damage? Sure I'd take it.

Pay attention to how warrior works and you will find that whirlwind is predictable and easily avoided.

This isn't a post pleading for help identifying and avoiding 100b or whirlwind attack. 5.5k games on war would hopefully be enough to learn what they do. Though it would be nice if Bulls charge didn't do over 6k damage and I'm 100-0 with that 3 skill combo just because my stunbreak is on CD. Also, though people will hate me for saying it, and it will probably never happen, anet needs to decide on what they want Whirlwind attack to be: a defensive skill or an offensive skill; because atm it's both.

100b feels and looks really BA, but it really isn't that effective anymore. Wish it was as rewarding to use as it feels if that makes any sense.

-Don't think projectile reflects are very interesting or effective-The range increase would do next to nothing if the skill was still stationary because nothing but the first one or two hits would even land unless your target was CC'd still. At that point the range increase becomes useless because almost all Warrior's CC that sets up for 100b requires you to be close to or in the current 130 range to land properly.-Giving it movement might make it too strong for pressuring people.

My preferred change if any was made would be gradually increasing the damage for each hit that lands, thus punishing people caught in it longer. Nothing super crazy, maybe like the current -5% damage like it is now on the first strike and gradually increasing from there until the final strike, opposed to -5% on every strike but the very last like we have now.

An example would be increasing the damage of each hit by increments of +2%. If the first hit did -4% damage, the second would do -2% damage, and so forth until the final hit would do 10% damage. That's just an example too, it doesn't have to be +2% or start at -4%.

@Ovark.2514 said:

This isn't a post pleading for help identifying and avoiding 100b or whirlwind attack. 5.5k games on war would hopefully be enough to learn what they do. Though it would be nice if Bulls charge didn't do over 6k damage and I'm 100-0 with that 3 skill combo just because my stunbreak is on CD. Also, though people will hate me for saying it, and it will probably never happen, anet needs to decide on what they want Whirlwind attack to be: a defensive skill or an offensive skill; because atm it's both.

no, it's completely fine, you are 100-0'd because you are outplayed and didn't dodge/have stunbreak ready.Getting hard CC'ed without stunbreak should be punished, reason why this game gotten so forgiving and boring because of people like you.

@Lighter.5631 said:

no, it's completely fine, you are 100-0'd because you are outplayed and didn't dodge/have stunbreak ready.Getting hard CC'ed without stunbreak should be punished, reason why this game gotten so forgiving and boring because of people like you.

Because of him Gs3 is overloaded with high damage, evasion and mobility? Didnt know that /s

@Odik.4587 said:

Because of him Gs3 is overloaded with high damage, evasion and mobility? Didnt know that /s

He is complaining how he got 100-0 by a hard CC combo that includes whirlwind when he has no stunbreak and did not dodge. not sure you trying to be funny or just completely missed the point.but if we are talking about overloaded skill, we should totally start with twist of fate.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@"Tycura.1982" said:

I know I shouldn't respond to you because you're being rude, but I wanted to point out how War has shield bash, adrenaline burst skills, GS3, GS5, potentially also full counter, and at least 1 heavy hitting attack on their other main hand weapon set. I could just let the war hit me with all those other heavy-hitting attacks so I can dodge bull's charge and shield bash. Oh, also, bulls charge is a 900 range evade skill that paths to it's target even if the foe goes into stealth. Claiming that getting hit with such a thing is "out played" might be one of the most laughable statements ever. I used to use the bull's charge combo back BEFORE it had evade and I always felt like I was cheating when using it.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@"Tycura.1982" said:

He is complaining how he got 100-0 by a hard CC combo that includes whirlwind when he has no stunbreak and did not dodge. not sure you trying to be funny or just completely missed the point.I understood him perfectly as I played warrior myself. Thats pretty common to throw lots of attacks at your opponent and suddenly BC/bash slice gs3 and its dead from full health. He is right about WW too, that what was my "joke" aboutbut if we are talking about overloaded skill, we should totally start with twist of fate.Bullcharge,gs3, pistol whip, ranger gs 4(3 probs too) is what comes to my mind first. Whats wrong with twist of fate? The only thing is wrong with it 2 charges on 40s cd (if believe to wiki)