Need help getting the last Skyscale of Fear - Acrophobia — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Need help getting the last Skyscale of Fear - Acrophobia

I have gotten all the other eggs except Acrophobia. I go to make the last jump from my spring to the Concentration of magic and I literally scrap the nose of my springer on the column on the way down. I hold the "W" key down the entire jump but just cannot seem to make it. Any tips on how those of you who have gotten this did it???

Comments

• My problem there was more overshooting the landing. Make sure you don't hit the pillar while still moving upwards, that'll rob you of height!

• HnRkLnXqZ.1870HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019

Well, you can significantly increase the jump-distance of the Springer if you hold W while charging up already. I would do that and only do the final corrections in mid air.

Note: Just tested it again. On flat ground. When holding the key while charging, the distance (horizontal) almost doubles.

• That's the one way up high in charr territory, correct? If you're on NA servers, shoot me a whisper in game and I can help mesmer port you up there.

• Holding the W while charging helped a lot, thank you HnRkLnXqZ.1870 , now I over shoot, but I will get it in a few days, my arthritis limits how many times I can try this at a time.

• @Xavier Eledhwen.6901 said:
    Holding the W while charging helped a lot, thank you HnRkLnXqZ.1870 , now I over shoot, but I will get it in a few days, my arthritis limits how many times I can try this at a time.

Are you on NA or EU? If on EU I could bring a mesmer and portal you up, if on NA whoeverxwins has offered - if you want to, of course! I absolutely understand the desire to manage it oneself!

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is a hard jump. Easy to under or overshoot. It was hard, but I felt happy after getting it.

• I go it! I pushed the W just a little before the jump, and released half way through the jump and I hit the mark, only took me several hours.....

• Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2019

@Xavier Eledhwen.6901 said:
    I go it! I pushed the W just a little before the jump, and released half way through the jump and I hit the mark, only took me several hours.....

Good job! Congratulations!

Advice for a later part of the Skyscale collections: there's a section with several jumping puzzles. Remember then that each puzzle in that faze can be bypassed with the treat Gorrick gives you - extra can be crafted or bought on the TP. Give each one a try - as you managed this one I think most of the puzzles won't actually give you much trouble - but don't let it hold you up for hours or days either!