Idea of pvp

Ghetx.1752

In this game was supposed to be the best thing mmo games ever saw.

But only idea of it.

Without dedicated healer class,some builds do so much damage,you literally die in second.

I strongly doubt that was intended design (because what we were told in GW2 Manifesto) and how things went is big difference.

30 k hp pools are meaningless with heals only healing for 6 k on 30 sec cd's,toughness is pointless so are other 5000 stat combinations that were added.

Pve is great,you can literally play anything you want in open world and still do well,while in pvp,you are limited about as same as 0.2L milk carton.

Why cant pvp be more like that?Where you can build anything,and not die in one second no matter what build or gear you have?

This was said to me by power mirage

https://ibb.co/tYSZ5mR

Says enough about state of pvp here.

I love Guild Wars,played it since Nightfall,it hurts so much to see what it has become.From queue to have a fun,laughing with your friends,saying 'gg' to opponents after every game,and discussing builds in guild chats,pvp lobby and trying new things out TO praying god you don't meet certain builds in arena or not having a motivation to queue up at all.

Massive amounts of people quitting pvp after obtaining backpack just because state of it atm,same people with same builds on top ranks for seasons now means nothing change in this game as far as pvp goes,players openly wintrade on youtube and twitch

You should play other PvP games, they're nothing different.

I've heard it all about complains that all games out there don't have ridiculous instant death. They all do and it's how it'll be no matter what.

Nobody wants to fight for 5 hours with insignificant skills.

Your observation of PvE is also very isolated, it's easy to make anything work but that's because you're only constrained by AI and what it can do. PvP has a bigger dynamic and mentality that people just like in PvE will always pick most effective and not think twice.

In fact PvP has a better variety when it comes to options because anything can get you far enough if you get good at it while in PvE it's just raw damage and there's only one way to achieve it.

@"Ghetx.1752" said:In this game was supposed to be the best thing mmo games ever saw.

But only idea of it.

Without dedicated healer class,some builds do so much damage,you literally die in second.

I strongly doubt that was intended design (because what we were told in GW2 Manifesto) and how things went is big difference.

30 k hp pools are meaningless with heals only healing for 6 k on 30 sec cd's,toughness is pointless so are other 5000 stat combinations that were added.

Pve is great,you can literally play anything you want in open world and still do well,while in pvp,you are limited about as same as 0.2L milk carton.

Why cant pvp be more like that?Where you can build anything,and not die in one second no matter what build or gear you have?

I love Guild Wars,played it since Nightfall,it hurts so much to see what it has become.From queue to have a fun,laughing with your friends,saying 'gg' to opponents after every game,and discussing builds in guild chats,pvp lobby and trying new things out TO praying god you don't meet certain builds in arena or not having a motivation to queue up at all.

Massive amounts of people quitting pvp after obtaining backpack just because state of it atm,same people with same builds on top ranks for seasons now means nothing change in this game as far as pvp goes,players openly wintrade on youtube and twitch

+1

I stand at your side..You speak the truth

@"Ghetx.1752" said:In this game was supposed to be the best thing mmo games ever saw.

But only idea of it.

Yeah but some specs are to far In the other direction at the same time. Yeah damage and ttk is to high/short but also specs like fb and weavers have way to much sustain, taking longer to kill is one thing but needing multiple players to down a spec is to much in a game mode where turtling on a node and taking 1/4 of the match time for multiple opponents to down a fb or weaver is broken or having to basically leave them on a node and focus where they arnt turtling is again broken.Almost every pvp match theres a fb or a weaver these days for a reason and fb has been a staple for this for how long?The devs need to find a balance where sustain classes have less damage and can eventually be downed by one opponent but takes more effort m and time but not what we have now where they need multiple opponents that are bursts builds to have a chance at downing them.