gw3?

Hornet.9305

News of GW3 was a little more frequent within the last year because news broke that ArenaNet was working on the groundwork that could have potentially been GW3. This was cancelled in the layoffs earlier this year.

In other news, NCSoft is now devoted to mobile games and will be mobile first from now on, requiring all future titles to include mobile devices. They developed an emulator so that their (mobile) games could still be played on PC. NCSoft also confirmed that they were experimenting with a mobile version of GW2.

@Healix.5819 said:News of GW3 was a little more frequent within the last year because news broke that ArenaNet was working on the groundwork that could have potentially been GW3. This was cancelled in the layoffs earlier this year.

In other news, NCSoft is now devoted to mobile games and will be mobile first from now on, requiring all future titles to include mobile devices. They developed an emulator so that their (mobile) games could still be played on PC. NCSoft also confirmed that they were experimenting with a mobile version of GW2.

I can barely play gw2 on my gaming computer some days due to the lag, can't imagine playing it on my phone, unless it is like the PSP version of assassin's creed. Definitely can't think any provider would want to let you use the data to play it.

@demitel.1340 said:

@Seera.5916 said:Source for that? Otherwise it's just speculation.

Dude, trust me.

@Hornet.9305 said:some ppl talking about gw3 !!!it is true?gw3 preparing?
? relase 2021 --22 ?
?

Yes. Guild Wars 3 is expected to be released at the end of 2020.

Source for that? Otherwise it's just speculation.

Dont listen to him, it will get released at febuary 2020

Any source for these claims?

I highly doubt we're getting GW3 next year given where we are in the story with GW2.

We've only gotten the prologue of the Icebrood Saga and Episode 1 and we won't get Episode 2 until January 28, 2020 due to holidays. Sagas are more than a prologue and a chapter so a February 2020 release date is not logical at all.

LW2 was 8 episodes long. LW3 and LW4 were both 6 episodes long. However, this has been touted as giving us Expansion Level content.

HoT was 16 chapters longPoF was 13 chapters long

Any hyping of GW3 would likely kill off purchasing of items in GW2 as people decide to wait to see which they like better. So the Icebrood Saga would need to be over before they'd likely start hyping it up.

June 2020 is probably the earliest we'd likely see the saga end and that's assuming 6 more Episodes are released in the Saga including Episode 2 and they release on a monthly schedule. This doesn't account for any delay in release schedule due to SAB and other things. There was a 2 month delay between the Prologue (mid/late September) and Episode 1 (mid/late November). There is a 2 month delay between Episode 1 and Episode 2 (late January). This leads me to believe that there is at least 2 months between releases. Which means we're looking at end of 2020 before the Icebrood Saga ends.

2020 just doesn't seem the right year since we've still got content being developed for the game and we've not heard anything from ANet directly regarding GW3.

Unless of course you guys start listing your sources for these 2020 claims.

It sounds like they're looking for people to bring on for the development of GW3 which means we're likely 2-3 years at the minimum away from GW3 and I wouldn't be shocked if it was more like 3-5 years.