Vulture Stance needs some fine tuning

Xisin.9271

Hello all,

I really get the point of this spell and would love to take it for fights that reward it , anyway here's what I think the point is: As a vulture you finish off low health prey quickly, thus why the stance grants might for the first 50% and poison for the last 50%.

as it stands right now since might is easily obtained... and all 3 of sharpening stone, flame trap, and vipers nest out perform this spell even when the "under 50%" is fulfilled. If this utility was truly meant to be an execute ability (and I think that was the target here) then it needs to out perform AT LEAST flame trap dps wise. But as it stands right now it ends up doing slightly more than flame trap while under 50% hp (the weaker of the two traps) but over the course of the fight flame trap outperforms it. (by about 1k dps on the 10 million hp golem) or about a 2 second slower kill time with vultures stance. This is taking into consideration predator's cunning procs with bleed ticks on those crits as well.

Simple suggestion from me is simply bump up the poison tick or give us another a specialized power/condi boon (like warrior banners) instead of a vanilla might boon. I'd for sure use this stance over flame trap then.

Thoughts?

Imo, VS is pretty rubbish and just needs a complete rework. The interval is what destroys it really and the fact that you need a GM trait to share it and then it's only 50% duration, you just cannot reliably take advantage of it. Compare it to Spider Venom and you will see how terrible it truly is.

It would be cool if it had the Ammo mechanic with say 3 charges, each charge taking 10s to recharge, lasting for 4s and allowed you to poison with the next 4 attacks. Or something like that. Whatever, just make it more reliable so you don't have to try and fit 12 attacks into 6s to make full use of it.

Archived