Don't leave out stealth/block/evades uptime from your coming patch!

Arheundel.6451

The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....do not give a free pass to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *thiefmesmer and revenant . I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Heal burst is possibly all the average player has in his deck to "counter" the never ending resetting abilities of thieves. mesmers and revs who just chain blocks/dodges or stealth on top of unparalleled mobility...I can only hope you'll keep that in mind with next balance patch because personally I would have nothing to play for anymore if you will go and curb only one aspect of the sustain spectrum while leaving the other untouched

Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

@Dave.6819 said:Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

Huh...In the OP I am clearly talking about a post-patch scenario where boon and heal have been nerfed by a hefty amount, it's only logical that we make sure boon and raw healing are not the only things that receive nerfs.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....do not give a free pass to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *thiefmesmer and revenant . I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Heal burst is possibly all the average player has in his deck to "counter" the never ending resetting abilities of thieves. mesmers and revs who just chain blocks/dodges or stealth on top of unparalleled mobility...I can only hope you'll keep that in mind with next balance patch because personally I would have nothing to play for anymore if you will go and curb only one aspect of the sustain spectrum while leaving the other untouched

Mesmer isn't the one thats most problematic, firebrand is.

Firebrands get everything aegis? check invulns probably? check condi turning? check. Firebrands and guardians need hit really hard, they are like soulbeast but with more sustain.

@Axl.8924 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints for the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....
do not give a free pass
to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *
thief
mesmer and revenant
. I am worried because I seen no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime , yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like
D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Mesmer isn't the one thats most problematic, firebrand is.

Firebrands get everything aegis? check invulns probably? check condi turning? check. Firebrands and guardians need hit really hard, they are like soulbeast but with more sustain.

The irony of firebrand is thet before PoF launch, they hard nerfed tempest saying that it was too hard to kill and was doing too much dmg....like can you believe it?..yeah that's Anet...

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:The next balance patch will either destroy what is left of the game..or save it. I have zero complaints about the upcoming nerfs but please dear devs be mindful ....
do not give a free pass
to stealth - blocks and evades uptime of *
thief
mesmer and revenant
. I am worried because I saw no mention of this so far, all I heard is that there too much healing and boon uptime, yeah it's great to finally look at that but..what about dealing with specs like
D/P thief - Herald - Mesmer**?

Heal burst is possible all the average player has in his deck to "counter" the never-ending resetting abilities of thieves. mesmers and revs who just chain blocks/dodges or stealth on top of unparalleled mobility...I can only hope you'll keep that in mind with next balance patch because personally, I would have nothing to play for anymore if you will go and curb only one aspect of the sustain spectrum while leaving the other untouched

Mesmer isn't the one that's most problematic, firebrand is.

The irony of firebrand is that before PoF launch, they hard nerfed tempest saying that it was too hard to kill and was doing too much dmg....like can you believe it?..yeah that's Anet...

Weaver at most might be a problem, but I doubt tempest is a problem. tempest doesn't have a crazy amount of evades and uptime on things like invulns or aegis or anything like that, and its teleports aren't crazy either. In fact, they may hit hard, but due to lack of this kinda stuff, I bet they are fairly easy to burst down.

In fact: I bet that is why you don't see many tempests in SPVP.

Then again, if I was Doing SPVP as a tempest, I probably wouldn't be using staff, due to more limited sustain.

@Dave.6819 said:Doesn't matter that D/P Thief was nerfed into the ground and went out of meta long ago. Doesn't matter that many classes have reveals and lots of aoes to deal with stealth. Doesn't matter that thief can't 1v1 anymore properly and is only a decap bot. And i won't even talk about block cuz thief/mesmer are surely classes that have plenty of those? What the...? Anyway let's nerf it further. GG. Yup.. you are correct with one thing this game mode is nearly dead and i'm glad i'm not playing it anymore. Seeing these kinds of posts make me wonder wut the hell is wrong with PvPers these days. Instead of learning they just go on forums and ask for nerfs. That way you are making sure that this mode will be buried even more if anet listens to u.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of what you say here, but you're out of your mind if you think it's acceptable for any competitive game to have stealth as it exists in GW2. We have too many sources of stealth with no shared internal cooldown or any kind of restriction on activating or chaining them together in combat.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Damage avoidance skills & mobility are a part of power creep too, so they should get addressed at some point. Keep in mind this upcoming patch is supposed to be the first of many pvp focused balance updates, and it will not be able to address everything.

this is sec or third balance patch, if you count the quickfix, what i see is time going by and nothing changing.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:Damage avoidance skills & mobility are a part of power creep too, so they should get addressed at some point. Keep in mind this upcoming patch is supposed to be the first of many pvp focused balance updates, and it will not be able to address everything.

this is sec or third balance patch, if you count the quickfix, what i see is time going by and nothing changing.

The OP and I were referring to the upcoming major pvp balance update, which is supposed to be the first to generally address power creep across all classes. The last few patches are supposedly minor in comparison. As always with gw2, impatience will only lead to disappointment.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with most of what you say here, but you're out of your mind if you think it's acceptable for any competitive game to have stealth as it exists in GW2. We have too many sources of stealth with no shared internal cooldown or any kind of restriction on activating or chaining them together in combat.

Course its acceptable. If anything, I wonder why people want to nerf in-combat stealth in the first place, seeing how its so bad thieves dont use it other than to run away. If stealth needs any change, its specifically to hurt its out of combat performance. In-combat its the weakest defensive tool by far (It only protects against targetted attacks that werent started before you obtained stealth, and even that isnt guaranteed), while also being a mostly poor offensive tool.

Thief and Rev both are heavily based on a system of energy instead of cooldowns. If they don't have the ability to pool all their resources into defense when needed, the two classes become immediately bad since it would mean they are just stuck with an energy system as a downside with no positive tradeoff.

Mesmer doesn't even have that high of a potential evasion/block uptime. What makes Mesmers busted is that the way the class works it gets to keep attacking while defending and can often just kite/defend while spamming illusion skills. So it just seems like the uptime is much higher than it actually is due to the fact that their defenses are more efficient.