winters dolyak event problems

donated about 10 gold on hoho tron and now only 91 silver left,waiting ages for ppl to donate to hoho tron to complete the event,then a rich person came in ater 20 minutes and donated for a new run and only 3 presents dropped,and now finally a new run and he fatty died in the middle so not even a full run,bad programming.i understand that ppl dont want to waste their gold on this but for new players its a bad event,not much money and then this...

pls help, i wish i had an active map. yes i am late but pls decrease gold needed for a run. so not only 1 player have to pay everythingagain a run and not a single present dropped,

It's not "bad programming" just because you want to sweep the achievements out of the way within an hour. I never focused on farming a dolyak -instead just participated when it was up and i was around doing other -usually achievements related- stuff. I don't think I spent even close to 10 gold on that either. If you keep playing the game like it's your second job then it will feel like it's your second job. Wouldn't say that's the point of it.

• Confused 1

things like the donation doly really are a pointer showing that the festivals are just too long. One week of wintersday and the doly would run none-stop. But second, third week? Everybody is already tired and only the desperate AP hunters and once-in-a-while players are doing it. Same with all the other festivals.

IMHO all the festivals should be two weeks max. After that time they are just a boring chore. Some dailies you have to do, some events, most people have done so many times they can't stand them anymore and noises that really grate on your nerves...

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:things like the donation doly really are a pointer showing that the festivals are just too long. One week of wintersday and the doly would run none-stop. But second, third week? Everybody is already tired and only the desperate AP hunters and once-in-a-while players are doing it. Same with all the other festivals.

IMHO all the festivals should be two weeks max. After that time they are just a boring chore. Some dailies you have to do, some events, most people have done so many times they can't stand them anymore and noises that really grate on your nerves...

The donation dolyak isn't really any pointer at all, as it's not an event with good enough rewards (on top of the need to put gold into it in the first place). If you want a pointer, check how many people keep running the JP. The dolyak/HoHo are there pretty much just for the achievements.

• Confused 1