Permanently Delete Arcane Thievery

Poelala.2830

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with condi removals being instant/almost instant cast but unblockable boon strips should really have a 1/2 second cast time and visible animation to them. I totally understand the need for boon removal but stuff like Arcane Thievery and Corrupt Boon are pretty easy to use considering how impactful they are.

There's no way to really reactively dodge these skills and considering the latter is a hard CC when corrupting stability, it's no better than any other instant/almost instant cast hard CC.

@shadowpass.4236 said:I'm fine with condi removals being instant/almost instant cast but unblockable boon strips should really have a 1/2 second cast time and visible animation to them. I totally understand the need for boon removal but stuff like Arcane Thievery and Corrupt Boon are pretty easy to use considering how impactful they are.

There's no way to really reactively dodge these skills and considering the latter is a hard CC when corrupting stability, it's no better than any other instant/almost instant cast hard CC.

I would agree if stealing boons mattered, whats the point of stealing anything from anyone if every meta build has 100% uptime at every build in the game.if i go to trouble of stealing prot retal and vigor and oponent just gets it back then whats the fucking point other then glorified RNG boon generation that gets dodged or just bugs out. The only thing its really good at is punishing weaver/other mirage/burnguard/corenecro when they go too trigger happy with condis and get hit with NO YOU button.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:I'm fine with condi removals being instant/almost instant cast but unblockable boon strips should really have a 1/2 second cast time and visible animation to them. I totally understand the need for boon removal but stuff like Arcane Thievery and Corrupt Boon are pretty easy to use considering how impactful they are.

I would agree if stealing boons mattered, whats the point of stealing anything from anyone if every meta build has 100% uptime at every build in the game.if i go to trouble of stealing prot retal and vigor and oponent just gets it back then whats the kitten point other then glorified RNG boon generation that gets dodged or just bugs out. The only thing its really good at is punishing weaver/other mirage/burnguard/corenecro when they go too trigger happy with condis and get hit with NO YOU button.

Stealing stability always matters.

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

I would agree if stealing boons mattered, whats the point of stealing anything from anyone if every meta build has 100% uptime at every build in the game.if i go to trouble of stealing prot retal and vigor and oponent just gets it back then whats the kitten point other then glorified RNG boon generation that gets dodged or just bugs out. The only thing its really good at is punishing weaver/other mirage/burnguard/corenecro when they go too trigger happy with condis and get hit with NO YOU button.

true, but then again. the only mesmer that runs it ( cmirage ) has shit CC.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

true, but then again. the only mesmer that runs it ( cmirage ) has kitten CC.

Apart from the 2.5 second stun on Pistol, double daze from x2 chaos fields and F3?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

true, but then again. the only mesmer that runs it ( cmirage ) has kitten CC.

Apart from the 2.5 second stun on Pistol, double daze from x2 chaos fields and F3?

yes, 1 stun, 1 daze. and shit interrupts.in current gw2 this is shit level of CC.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:I'm fine with condi removals being instant/almost instant cast but unblockable boon strips should really have a 1/2 second cast time and visible animation to them. I totally understand the need for boon removal but stuff like Arcane Thievery and Corrupt Boon are pretty easy to use considering how impactful they are.

I kind of agree to some extent but....

Basically any time i see some one speak on corrupt boon i automatically think arcane should get the same treatment if not worse cause they both have the same issue, both are fast, both deal with boons and conditions, both are hard to dodge, I think in most situations arcane is a bit more oppressive though cause it always sticks a person with a healthy amount of slow on hit (always) ontop of taking boons. Even if no conditions are thrown back. I almost never see mesmer cast this skill i only know i got hit with it because im suddenly slowed. There is usually too much chaos going on to easily see when its cast.

The slow is more of the tell and not the cast of the skill itself in general this skill does need to be looked at but i cant say how they should change it

At the same time i struggle handle the idea of nerfing corrupt boon considering it does not clear conditions from the caster it actually inflicts conditions on the caster. I kind of hate how necro has skills that apply self punishment while other professions have similar skills that can be at times much more or just as impactful with no self cost other than a cd time, in-fact arcane rewards you with quickness for landing it so i mean "concern.jpg"! So when comparing to corrupt boon we must be a bit mindful of that. Its dumb to have two skills do very similar things when one has a self risk cost and the other does not yet some how the one with no self risk is some how more impactful than the one with self risk. Necro has a a few skills like this that can be seen a s similar to other profession skills that are more effective without the self afflictions. I have no issue with self afflictions but i generally expect skills with self afflictions to be more effective than ones without such a thing and not just having self afflictions "because thematic"

Even if both hit when you have boons there is no promise that corrupt boon will hit the stability because some professions pour on boons like no ones business and can cover it. But once again if arcane hits you you are promised to inflict slow every time regardless of what boons you have.

Arcane Thievery needs a better tell than it currently has in terms of player model animations but I think the basic mechanics are fine.

As a rule of thumb though, any thing that plays with boons get unblockable so it can interact with Aegis. Yeah it's been buffed, but it was buffed because it was historically awful. 3 Boons stolen, 3 Conditions transfered, on a 45 second cooldown is pretty weak all things considered. Like You look at Null Field, potentially 25 boons removed and 25 conditions removed on a 24 second cooldown, and the ring isn't that restrictive.

I do understand the feeling though because back when Scourges were almost all running Plague Signet I always had a slight panic when I took a burst on them because it instantly throws 5+ conditions from the necro onto the target with zero tell.

How about first fixing Arcane Thievery so it hits more reliably and LOWER the cool-down so its more useful. The fact is if you bother trying to use it you will find its not that easy to actually steal boons with, much of the time it fails. Im so amazed at people still QQing about mesmer. You people are hopeless

@Moradorin.6217 said:How about first fixing Arcane Thievery so it hits more reliably and LOWER the cool-down so its more useful. The fact is if you bother trying to use it you will find its not that easy to actually steal boons with, much of the time it fails. Im so amazed at people still QQing about mesmer. You people are hopeless

its ironic, lore wise its mesmers job to screw around with their oponents.logically that would be conditions, CC, boon removal and ilusions.the only semi reliable boon removing tool and people lose their minds

@azzardome.9184 said:

@azzardome.9184 said:not nerfing the core problem but every utility instead sure seems to be a good idea to balance.Fire weeber didnt like that his 20 burns killed him, crying after dying to something, big brain

Think about it, mes utilites are utter garbage compared to other classes and what they used to be.Surprised pikachu.gif