Reaper. FeelsBadMan.

zealex.9410

@Maunzi.3764 said:Reapers are kinda dead everywhere, and it's sad. I think I'd still prefer using them if they were any good, I just don't like letting my group down.

I'll be Reaper until the game gets shut down, I hope enough people complain about Reapers especially those exposed to them that the Balance team does something about it. Either way I'm a Reaper for life.

Honestly, no one is CORE necromancer anymore. Tha't's what needs to be buffed.

Unless Core Necro gets worked on, there is no hope for Reaper, or Scourge in the forseen post-fix (I say fix because Sand Shades should not be stacking condi application, so it's stacking dmg it isn't supposed too atm)

@Tzozef.9841 said:Honestly, no one is CORE necromancer anymore. Tha't's what needs to be buffed.

Unless Core Necro gets worked on, there is no hope for Reaper, or Scourge in the forseen post-fix (I say fix because Sand Shades should not be stacking condi application, so it's stacking dmg it isn't supposed too atm)

Basically this.

Necromancer is too dependent on elite specs to carry it's damage. Scourge is a really good example. In PvP practically all of scourge's damage is coming from shades/torch/punishments. Outside of Dhuumfire your core traitlines and skills are largely irrelevant.It's the same for reaper, if you look at reaper all of the GS skills and Shroud skills have abnormally high base damage coefficients, this is because reaper needs to having those large coefficients to make up for how bad core power necro is.

If you look at the power classes that are meta in PvP, namely warrior, thief, and guardian, those classes get most of their damage out of core traitlines and core weapons, with the elite traitlines simply being toolsets to channel that power.

As far as necromancer is concerned, reaper and scourge are our damage traitlines, and death magic/soul reaping/spite/curses/blood magic are all utility traitlines.

@Crinn.7864 said:

As far as necromancer is concerned, reaper and scourge are our damage traitlines, and death magic/soul reaping/spite/curses/blood magic are all utility traitlines.

I don't think the issue is core traits but core weapons.

Dagger is solid damage, but not enough to justify being in melee without the beef of reaper. Axe is better now than it was, which isn't saying a lot, but is still pretty underwhelming. Staff is a mediocre utility stick. And scepter is used because it is the only MH choice for condi. WH is rather meh, focus is okay but not exciting, and oh Dagger is again the one choice (prior to PoF) for conditions.

Playing core power Necro was always all about getting into shroud asap and just enduring through the time between.

@Loopgru.1026 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

I don't think the issue is core traits but core
weapons

Dagger is solid damage, but not enough to justify being in melee without the beef of reaper. Axe is better now than it was, which isn't saying a lot, but is still pretty underwhelming. Staff is a mediocre utility stick. And scepter is used because it is the only MH choice for condi. WH is rather meh, focus is okay but not exciting, and oh Dagger is again the one choice (prior to PoF) for conditions.

Playing core power Necro was always all about getting into shroud asap and just enduring through the time between.

It is core traits. Via core we can get a total of +30% damage (target has to be below 50% hp, have no boons and we're above 50% life force to allow it) and another +10% for axe only from traits, which is the second lowest of all professions. It has been clear for so long that we need straight up damage buffs, but anet is so hesitant to give us any.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Loopgru.1026 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

weapons

It is core traits. Via core we can get a total of +30% damage (target has to be below 50% hp, have no boons and we're above 50% life force to allow it) and another +10% for axe only from traits, which is the second lowest of all professions. It has been clear for so long that we need straight up damage buffs, but anet is so hesitant to give us any.

The fact that literally half of spite requires the target to be sub 50% in order to work is a serious problem. And that's made even worse by the fact that a lot of our weapons skills also having the same 50% health prereqs. (Gravedigger, Axe3, Axe1, Executioner's scythe)

Having a few sub 50% traits is fine, having literally half a traitline along with a quarter of your weapons skills being sub 50% procs is NOT fine.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Loopgru.1026 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

weapons

The fact that literally half of spite requires the target to be sub 50% in order to work is a serious problem. And that's made even worse by the fact that a lot of our weapons skills also having the same 50% health prereqs. (Gravedigger, Axe3, Axe1, Executioner's scythe)

Having a few sub 50% traits is fine, having literally half a traitline along with a quarter of your weapons skills being sub 50% procs is NOT fine.

Flavorful design is fine, but when you overload skills with the same utility, you start to get into conflicting use cases that just muddle the mixture. Should I be using my Gravedigger on targets below 50%, or Axe? Executioner's Scythe even? They all have cast times too, so you can only pick one! This not only leads into territory where a lot of items lose identity, but it also means that since everything is doing the same thing, there are a lot of other utility territories that are unused. Why doesn't my Ghastly Claws (Axe 2) steal more Life Force from people that are healthier, as if ripping chunks off instead of shreds? Why doesn't my Life Siphon (Dagger 2) naturally heal me for more if I'm at lower life percentage, considering it's a full channel I have to commit to? Why can't Reaper's Touch (Focus 4) not miss all the kitten time and just track targets like Mirror Blade instead? Items should have distinct utility and personalities in order to promote certain use cases. Specifically in the case of Necro as well, if they get rid of the fact that so many things have "potential" greater effects based on missing health %, then they can actually give us more damage elsewhere. The problem is that they're can't just give Necromancer more damage while it still has so many execution effects, but with how inconsistent execution effects are to begin with I'll happily give up most of them for more consistent designs and damage.

Archived