[Suggestion] Can you please split the bug section forum up, please....

Hey,

Would it be possible to have the bug section forum split up into 4 categories:

• Game
  • Client
  • Website
  • Forum

In a matter of hours my memory leak threads were completely buried and I can't help feel this is extremely chaotic for the staffing time and categorising what is and isn't priority, I also feel this system would easily make bug reporting much more precise for players.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Gaile stated those in charge prefer fewer sub-forums, rather than more. Thus, unlikely to get any splits in the Bugs sub-forum. Especially since there are rarely any Website or Forum bugs posted.

Good luck.

Always cite quote claims please.

Also, this goes beyond forum and website bugs; it's merely client memory leaks that are being buried with threads in relation to actual gameplay. I'd much prefer a separated forum so we can report bugs accurately and not have our bug threads buried by the same issue over and over.

No, the OP's question (in Gaile's quoted post, not this thread's creator) was to separate out this forum into child forums for HoT, LS, and PoF - which is not dissimilar to your suggestion for the Bugs subforum. The answer that Gaile provided then can be extrapolated to be applied to this situation as well, since--at this time--no further subforums (and potentially child forums) are going to be created right now.

That's not to say that it won't happen in the future, and the hope is that the community at large may have a say in that.

Generally speaking, it's easier for staff of a company to deal with fewer folders. It makes it easier for them to ensure that they've got a chance to review the stuff that relates to their area of expertise (or personal interest). It's also harder to keep the folders organized over the long term. The thing that seems to get lots of attention one day becomes old news later (e.g forum bugs & suggestions were rampant the week this forum opened up; there aren't nearly as many now).

In contrast, folks posting like to have a 'proper' category so they feel that their threads get reasonable attention... and we all like the idea that posts we've made stay on the front page for at least a few days, the better to get feedback.

In effect, the old forums folders were organized towards the player preferences. I don't think it added much to the forums to have so many folders and subfolders. I don't really think there's a meaningful difference between "old content bugs" and "new content bugs" for example. The new forums swing the pendulum in the other direction and I'm keen to give that a try for at least 6 total months.

tl;dr I don't agree that we need any subfolders today. We all will probably have a different opinion in six months, so why not give this streamlined categorization a chance first?

Archived