Thank you! Keep it up!

WillPaharu.4837

I know a lot of people like to get on here and complain. But I honestly love where PvP is at right now. Despite popular belief, the game is pretty balanced. There is no class that can just sit on a node and stave off three or more opponents at once (Unless said opponents are truly pathetic). I feel most classes are quite well balanced. I have a blast in PvP! My frustrating losses are due to being outplayed, not over powered classes. It can be a difficult distinction to make, to be sure.

The real greatest problem in PvP are those players who idle or manipulate matches. Even that, I am glad to say, I do not come upon often. Such players should be banned after a few offenses, to be sure. These would require some swift investigation into the report's validity, and I doubt there are many employees at hand to tend to such a task. Any efforts are appreciated.

I know PvP is not the focus of the game, yet I find it strong. I appreciate how much you listen to the players and apply our feed back during patches. Mesmer, Druid, Thief, and even Scourge were tweaked to adhere to player complaints and improve balance. They are not as strong as they were. Have the developers been thanked for this? I feel as though they haven't. More complaints stream in and never end, as the vocal populace is never satisfied. Most of these complaints and cries for change are extreme and even spiteful. I hope the developers will continue to use critical thinking, and also read the comments in the threads to get a good feel for the validity of the plethora of complaints and cries for change.

I myself would like to point out some balance issues that are an issue. I am sure you have heard of them often. Pistol whip is too strong at the moment. We should take away the stun, leaving the evade and the damage alone. The stun does make the skill and thieves using it effectively "over powered". The stun, combined with their boon strip capabilities, make it ridiculous to counter play if you've already used your stun break and condition removal skills the first three times the thief ported in and used the skill. Without the stun, when well placed, the skill would still be effective--without being godly. Their opponents can avoid it by stepping away (as they will not be stunned) if they are quick enough and the thief still has the protection of the evade.

This is coming from some one who primarily plays on thief. Every thing else on thief is in a good place. People will always complain about the class as its nature of stealth and evasion require practice to contend with when wielded well. Many are bitter because of it's very role as a plus one. Yes it's frustrating to be in the middle of a duel and suddenly it turns into a 2v1. But it is effective and any class can do it. The Thief is well fit for the task, that is all. If a player is frugal with their utility skills, it is possible to get out of the situation and jump into a no port spot. Let it not go forgotten, that the thief has one of the highest skill caps in the game. It requires a mindfulness of the entire map and other classes that most classes do not just to be effective. It is difficult to get good and to survive.

I love the class, but pistol whip should not also stun in pvp. It is too much.

The other issue is the Mirage. I deeply appreciate how many adjustments have been made to make the class of Mesmer more reasonable. I still feel the amount of clones a Mirage can have up at one time is too great--the damage, confusion and daze they can inflict, too much. And it's not just the clones. confusion is a terrible condition to be aloud to be used in abundance. I don't see any other class able to spread this beast of a condition so consistently. Certainly none that are actively used. I would suggest less skills and traits that can inflict it.

Another key suggestion, have Mirage only able to use three clones at once. It would require some forethought on which clones they were going to use and when. Rather than creating as many as possible at once as I've seen them do. Also, the skill "Arcane Thievery" does too much. You should take off the slow effect and consider having the skill strip one or two boons only? I am sure some people call for total recall of mirage, which is unreasonable. Simple clone adjustment and confusion tweaks would make all the difference while leaving the class down to earth and still effective!

Thank you for the adjustments already made. Chronomancer was a plague, and you saved us ( XD <3).

I respect your optimism and I truly believe this is how people who can content themselves exclusively to playing Unranked feel. The game is balanced better than people let on too.

@WillPaharu.4837 said:The real greatest problem in PvP are those players who idle or manipulate matches. Even that, I am glad to say, I do not come upon often. Such players should be banned after a few offenses, to be sure. These would require some swift investigation into the report's validity, and I doubt there are many employees at hand to tend to such a task. Any efforts are appreciated.

I agree here as well. This is the real only problem, and this is what makes Ranked unplayable for anyone playing at the upper-mid tiers(IE g3, P1, P2) This is also what ruins the leaderboards every season and makes the whole thing feel hopeless. Any efforts truly are appreciated, and I will make a promise right here and right now to abandon all my pessimism going forward if any effort is actually made to stop it.

@"WillPaharu.4837" said:I know a lot of people like to get on here and complain. But I honestly love where PvP is at right now. Despite popular belief, the game is pretty balanced. There is no class that can just sit on a node and stave off three or more opponents at once (Unless said opponents are truly pathetic). I feel most classes are quite well balanced. I have a blast in PvP! My frustrating losses are due to being outplayed, not over powered classes. It can be a difficult distinction to make, to be sure.

The real greatest problem in PvP are those players who idle or manipulate matches. Even that, I am glad to say, I do not come upon often. Such players should be banned after a few offenses, to be sure. These would require some swift investigation into the report's validity, and I doubt there are many employees at hand to tend to such a task. Any efforts are appreciated.

I know PvP is not the focus of the game, yet I find it strong. I appreciate how much you listen to the players and apply our feed back during patches. Mesmer, Druid, Thief, and even Scourge were tweaked to adhere to player complaints and improve balance. They are not as strong as they were. Have the developers been thanked for this? I feel as though they haven't. More complaints stream in and never end, as the vocal populace is never satisfied. Most of these complaints and cries for change are extreme and even spiteful. I hope the developers will continue to use critical thinking, and also read the comments in the threads to get a good feel for the validity of the plethora of complaints and cries for change.

I myself would like to point out some balance issues that are an issue. I am sure you have heard of them often. Pistol whip is too strong at the moment. We should take away the stun, leaving the evade and the damage alone. The stun does make the skill and thieves using it effectively "over powered". The stun, combined with their boon strip capabilities, make it ridiculous to counter play if you've already used your stun break and condition removal skills the first three times the thief ported in and used the skill. Without the stun, when well placed, the skill would still be effective--without being godly. Their opponents can avoid it by stepping away (as they will not be stunned) if they are quick enough and the thief still has the protection of the evade.

This is coming from some one who primarily plays on thief. Every thing else on thief is in a good place. People will always complain about the class as its nature of stealth and evasion require practice to contend with when wielded well. Many are bitter because of it's very role as a plus one. Yes it's frustrating to be in the middle of a duel and suddenly it turns into a 2v1. But it is effective and any class can do it. The Thief is well fit for the task, that is all. If a player is frugal with their utility skills, it is possible to get out of the situation and jump into a no port spot. Let it not go forgotten, that the thief has one of the highest skill caps in the game. It requires a mindfulness of the entire map and other classes that most classes do not just to be effective. It is difficult to get good and to survive.

I love the class, but pistol whip should not also stun in pvp. It is too much.

The other issue is the Mirage. I deeply appreciate how many adjustments have been made to make the class of Mesmer more reasonable. I still feel the amount of clones a Mirage can have up at one time is too great--the damage, confusion and daze they can inflict, too much. And it's not just the clones. confusion is a terrible condition to be aloud to be used in abundance. I don't see any other class able to spread this beast of a condition so consistently. Certainly none that are actively used. I would suggest less skills and traits that can inflict it.

Another key suggestion, have Mirage only able to use three clones at once. It would require some forethought on which clones they were going to use and when. Rather than creating as many as possible at once as I've seen them do. Also, the skill "Arcane Thievery" does too much. You should take off the slow effect and consider having the skill strip one or two boons only? I am sure some people call for total recall of mirage, which is unreasonable. Simple clone adjustment and confusion tweaks would make all the difference while leaving the class down to earth and still effective!

Thank you for the adjustments already made. Chronomancer was a plague, and you saved us ( XD <3).

If you're going to suggest nerfs to a class, it might be a good idea to at least understand the basics of how their core mechanics work. Mesmers are limited to 3 clones. You can never have more than 3 at any time.

great post

I would include weaver in your nerf list, as a weaver player i think the burning duration could be shaved by 20% and then weaver is fine.

some classes need buffs like like druid and chrono, but we have a big patch ahead of us and those buffs may not be needed if all other classes are properly nerfed

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Keep what up? Did anet do something significant I missed or u thanking them for their talk?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Keep what up? Did anet do something significant I missed or u thanking them for their talk?

Some things are listed in the post. Do you remember how broken Chonomancer and Druid were? They fixed them. They also toned down Scourge. :)

@Khalisto.5780 said:great post

I would include weaver in your nerf list, as a weaver player i think the burning duration could be shaved by 20% and then weaver is fine.

some classes need buffs like like druid and chrono, but we have a big patch ahead of us and those buffs may not be needed if all other classes are properly nerfed

I agree! Yes!

@WillPaharu.4837 said:

Some things are listed in the post. Do you remember how broken Chonomancer and Druid were? They fixed them. They also toned down Scourge. :)

and broken condi thief, staff/staff thief, and press to win rampage, and broken holosmith. There is still work to do but yeah, they should definitely keep it up.

@"Highlie.7641" said:It's sad how many people don't even realize this games on life support.....

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/arenanet-hiring-for-unannounced-3rd-person-fantasy-action-console-game-1000054872

https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/28/arenanet-seeks-an-art-director-for-an-unnamed-console-title/

I can't find the other one where it states the exact $, but it's on one of those sites if you want to look.

This is pretty much there only option at this point, so try not to blame them to much

Lol I agree, fanboyism is blinding.We all know how small the dev team is compared to other companies with mmo's of the same size and when new content is scarce or suboptimal we blame the small size of the team and or recently the lay offer's. Now imagine this same small team actively sharing resources for the new projects, does that bode well for gw2 future content and on how significant the content will be?When anets parent company laid off a bunch of employees due to a revenue stream that was not what the parent company deemed acceptable and cancelled projects(obviously not all) that the team was relegating resources to along side gw2 obviously effecting its present and future growth and guess what happens? Gw2 fanboys blame the parent company due to its past mis dealings lol. No surprise.