Hardest class to beat as holo?

Coolguy.8702

lol scourge right now, but it's pretty broken and going to get nerfed. Spellbreaker is also currently super OP and there's not much that can be done against them.

When they FINALLY get those two classes in check, you will struggle against ranged classes like Deadeye or DH. Your best bet are gap closers, reflects, or stealth.

@Vagrant.7206 said:lol scourge right now, but it's pretty broken and going to get nerfed. Spellbreaker is also currently super OP and there's not much that can be done against them.

When they FINALLY get those two classes in check, you will struggle against ranged classes like Deadeye or DH. Your best bet are gap closers, reflects, or stealth.

I have beaten spellbreaker 1v1 with holo (almost with scrapper as well, but got +1ed by a second spellbreaker at the last second). I'll go with scourge, although spellbreaker is by no means an easy fight.

@ApaWanka.2698 said:scourges and SB.... atm is almost imposible to beat a scourge on 1v1 and U only can beat SB on 1v1 if you outplay them, can be beated, but its always a hard fight with lot of kitting.

Ive been mostly running SD engi and ive been mopping up scourges in 1v1s i just sit back and range them down low with EG auto rifle turret and photon shields toolbelt skills and then cc train them to death, SBs on the other hand just eat me up and spit me out.

As mentioned, scourge is killable from range. It's annoying because if you ever try and get close, they can turn the tables and put lethal condi on you in less than a second.

A good spellbreaker though.. You have to wait an eternity for them to cycle through all their defenses. It's almost not worth fighting. I have better things to do with my time than spend 2 minutes fighting the same player to force a break in their rotation. Meanwhile, if they ever land a cc, they can kill you in 2 hits.

@ukuni.8745 said:

@ApaWanka.2698 said:scourges and SB.... atm is almost imposible to beat a scourge on 1v1 and U only can beat SB on 1v1 if you outplay them, can be beated, but its always a hard fight with lot of kitting.

Ive been mostly running SD engi and ive been mopping up scourges in 1v1s i just sit back and range them down low with EG auto rifle turret and photon shields toolbelt skills and then cc train them to death, SBs on the other hand just eat me up and spit me out.

I dont know how do U play, but in PvP Plat, scourges are people that know what they are doing, not rolling face over the keyboard. They can do more damage at range than U (even with SD).... they do more damage than a marauder holo spamming rifle with quickness and kitting around. U can damage them hard, but at the end if you dont kite or flee, U die.

WvW roam is another thing. Open field, no time limit etc, so U can troll them till they die.... but on pvp, scpurge is THE counter.

Both scourge and SB are probably the toughest to beat, but there are a few tactics for each:For scourge, use either range as mentioned above, CC and engineer's mobility. Get out of those circles, most of scourge's condis come from his shroud abilities.For spellbreaker, kite him so they use up all of those ridiculous stances, and hit him hard. Also: DON'T. BREAK. THE. BUBBLE. Full Counter is pretty painful if triggered.

Spellbreakers are a tough match up, Alone they are manageable with kiting and such but +1 its a different story, very tough fight, Scourges are particularly annoying I get them to like 20% usually then they barrier tank to safety or I die to the overwhelming condi pressure while they are sitting at like 5% hp + x amount of barrier.

I wouldn't say anything is OP right now. Just more geared towards specific. Spellbreaker is great at small scale and duels, I have beaten a few, even lost to a holo as one. Scourge though is difficult unless you slot elixir to clear condis, then stay out of the circles and step away when they pop them again. Rifle helps against both, you can step in and out of range. Scourge needs to be close, as does SB.

I wish we could stop the culture of nerf crying. I get some things are difficult but you will adapt.

In WvW so far I would say it's Spellbreaker and Scourges. Scourge pretty much shot down the entire concept of Photon Forge. Melee with them = Instant condition overload.Lots of ranged harassment and kiting helps, but they will often deal about the same amount of dmg if not more with scepter from range. I have had better luck with using ranged auto attack trait in photon forge to actually deal dmg with them and build up heat before going in on them. You gotta watch them tho, because even while you stun or knock them down, they can use all the F2-F4 skills instantly. If they have a shade dropped on top of themself (Which the good ones have), your pretty much boned if you melee them.Spellbreaker is another tough fight, I have mostly found it tough because Photon forge got so obvious animations, so it's very easy to interrupt. The good ones are running break enhancements (Removes up to 2 boons) and will use it right after I use #3 to try get stability (If I have that traited) and then go for interrupts on me. In general it feels like a good spellbreaker will save most of his defence and interrupts to shut down photon forge. Can't say I found a counter, but good kiting and bursts when there is a little down time in their defence (which is allmost never in WvW, easier in sPvP with shorter duration of endure pain ect)

@Bish.8627 said:I wouldn't say anything is OP right now. Just more geared towards specific. Spellbreaker is great at small scale and duels, I have beaten a few, even lost to a holo as one. Scourge though is difficult unless you slot elixir to clear condis, then stay out of the circles and step away when they pop them again. Rifle helps against both, you can step in and out of range. Scourge needs to be close, as does SB.

I wish we could stop the culture of nerf crying. I get some things are difficult but you will adapt.

I stopped playing DH and engineer in PvP for this season to play scourge. It is piss easy and murders large groups. Something that easy to play without much risk should not do that much damage. Go on, try it. You basically spam all the f1-f5 skills and staff, and you win against >80% of opponents without even knowing what you're doing.

It's not about crying "nerf." It's about pointing out how the risk/reward in the new elite specs is completely out of whack:

• Holosmith is one of the riskiest new elite specs (melee range, self destruct, etc), and barely any reward to show for it.
  • Scourge can murder large groups with ease and from a relatively safe distance. Throw in unblockables and never-ending condi spam and you have a recipe for an easy win.
  • Spellbreaker is one of the safest new elite specs, and it kicks major ass in PvP.
  • Deadeye is hard to get right, and most people are bad at it. It also suffers from the problem that conquest requires people to sit on points, which a Deadeye can't do and live.
  • Weaver is too risky for most eles to use in PvP.
  • I haven't even seen any renegades in my PvP matches.
  • I haven't seen many mirages, can't form an opinion on them.
  • Soulbeast seems to be the most balanced new elite spec in PvP. It's potent as a duelist, but withers in group combat.

I was first complaining about Scourges in sPvP but I finally got the trick while playing my Holosmith. Finally, there's a lot of situations where you can get rid of a scourge. But these are not in 1v1. When facing a scourge alone, just go elsewhere, you're too fast for him, maybe put a net on him to slow him down even more and rocket boots to another point.At the start of the match, scourges usually get the mid point and spam wells and disgusting stuff between them and our team. Each time, I lose some time to get in their backs with stealth and destroy the one with the less HP. Stomping a scourge is pretty easy thanks to Elixir S.

Since back in celestial engi times, necro was always our hardconter and i think this is still the same, so necro/reaper/scorge.Alone you have only the chance to burst them or kite them to death, if they are bad you may have the opportunty to kill them. But the chances are really bad.

@Vagrant.7206 said:lol scourge right now, but it's pretty broken and going to get nerfed. Spellbreaker is also currently super OP and there's not much that can be done against them.

You meant to say: when they finally gutter those 2 classes, noobs will finally be able to kill SP and scourge. Scourge is over powered at the moment, but warrior? Are you telling me that a melee class like warrior is OP?

@Hitman.5829 said:

You meant to say: when they finally gutter those 2 classes, noobs will finally be able to kill SP and scourge. Scourge is over powered at the moment, but warrior? Are you telling me that a melee class like warrior is OP?

What does it being melee have to do with anything? Scrapper was OP at one point.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Bish.8627 said:I wouldn't say anything is OP right now. Just more geared towards specific. Spellbreaker is great at small scale and duels, I have beaten a few, even lost to a holo as one. Scourge though is difficult unless you slot elixir to clear condis, then stay out of the circles and step away when they pop them again. Rifle helps against both, you can step in and out of range. Scourge needs to be close, as does SB.

I stopped playing DH and engineer in PvP for this season to play scourge. It is kitten easy and murders large groups. Something that easy to play without much risk should not do that much damage. Go on, try it. You basically spam all the f1-f5 skills and staff, and you win against >80% of opponents without even knowing what you're doing.

It's not about crying "nerf." It's about pointing out how the risk/reward in the new elite specs is completely out of whack:
  • Holosmith is one of the riskiest new elite specs (melee range, self destruct, etc), and barely any reward to show for it.
  • Scourge can murder large groups with ease and from a relatively safe distance. Throw in unblockables and never-ending condi spam and you have a recipe for an easy win.
  • Spellbreaker is one of the safest new elite specs, and it kicks major kitten in PvP.
  • Deadeye is hard to get right, and most people are bad at it. It also suffers from the problem that conquest requires people to sit on points, which a Deadeye can't do and live.
  • Weaver is too risky for most eles to use in PvP.
  • I haven't even seen any renegades in my PvP matches.
  • I haven't seen many mirages, can't form an opinion on them.
  • Soulbeast seems to be the most balanced new elite spec in PvP. It's potent as a duelist, but withers in group combat.

Yeah I didn't touch on deadeye, they are a major pain, soon as you burst they are off across the map appearing and shooting at you....

@Hitman.5829 said:

Ok, take a minute and try playing a holosmith against spellbreaker. Go ahead, do it.

I'll wait here.

~ Interlude ~

When you're done pounding your forehead into your desk, let me explain something to you: Holosmith is also a "melee class." Rifle for engineer is not a ranged weapon, not really. Hip shot is weak af (regular shots about 800, crits about 1500), and the rest of rifle skills are pretty close-quarters. In order to even have a chance against spellbreaker, you have to kite like crazy, and that's assuming the spellbreaker makes an error in their rotation.

Meanwhile, spellbreaker has access to multiple blocks/reflects, several gap closers, very high melee damage, full immunity to damage + condis while dealing damage, full counter, and more. Holosmith can just hit kinda hard if you're facetanking them.

But go on. Please explain to me how warriors need to be buffed.

@JETWING.2759 said:

• Scourge is OP, i just can't win.
  • Daredevil are hard, bit i beat 50% them.
  • Fresh Air and Spellbreaker hits hard and have good sustain, but i win most of them with good timing evades.
  • Condi Mirage are annoyng but i get GF.

FA Ele??

XDDDDDDDĎDDDD

just try to play FA ele at least once before put it at the same level than SB. With FA you have a nice burst (merging 5 skill but is the same burst that you can get with 1/2 skills with other characters), aditionally U dont have sustained damage and are soft as hell.

I like to play FA, I've been playing it for years, but put it at the same level than SB make me laugh x))

@ApaWanka.2698 said:

@JETWING.2759 said:
  • Scourge is OP, i just can't win.
  • Daredevil are hard, bit i beat 50% them.
  • Fresh Air and Spellbreaker hits hard and have good sustain, but i win most of them with good timing evades.
  • Condi Mirage are annoyng but i get GF.

FA Ele??

XDDDDDDDĎDDDD

just try to play FA ele at least once before put it at the same level than SB. With FA you have a nice burst (merging 5 skill but is the same burst that you can get with 1/2 skills with other characters), aditionally U dont have sustained damage and are soft as hell.

I like to play FA, I've been playing it for years, but put it at the same level than SB make me laugh x))

It's my view point.I have no much problem against SB because i just pop that bubble and avade all time, then i can beat them. Same against FA =)

Archived