Flashback Event to Play LS1

This is the kind of thing that fractals make so much sense for. Travel back in time and relive moments in time. LS1 in pieces via fractals. Same thing could be done with living story events that are introduced and replaced in time. Picture a version of Marionette fight lived via a single lane/platform where your party is fighting thru the stages of that fight with NPCs occupying the other platforms. That way we keep the living story but also allow people that might have missed it have a chance to experience some of the history.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Like a memory? That would be cool, just please ANET don't slap on some cheesy brown-tint filter (personal story).

You can turn that off by disabling post-processing in the options menu :)

Yeah, you can. But the filter doesn't make sense when you go back to LA before it was destroyed by Scarlet in the PS. The filter makes it look like a memory. For new players, this would be confusing because according their character, they are experiencing it NOW. Brown filter? We don't need no stinkin' brown filter!

@TheGrimm.5624 said:This is the kind of thing that fractals make so much sense for. Travel back in time and relive moments in time. LS1 in pieces via fractals. Same thing could be done with living story events that are introduced and replaced in time. Picture a version of Marionette fight lived via a single lane/platform where your party is fighting thru the stages of that fight with NPCs occupying the other platforms. That way we keep the living story but also allow people that might have missed it have a chance to experience some of the history.

I'm sure I've seen Anet staff saying they'd like to bring Season 1 back, but in the same instanced format as Season 2, not as Fractals, (but it comes to the same thing - just a different entry point for the instances). But apparently converting it all to single-player/small group instances takes nearly as much work as creating it originally, so either it would take a very, very long time to do or they'd have to put new releases on hold while they work on it.

I keep hoping we'll hear that they have been working on it very slowly around other things (what my company calls 'doing it off the side of your desk') and it's going to be released eventually. But I have no idea if they are doing that.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:This is the kind of thing that fractals make so much sense for. Travel back in time and relive moments in time. LS1 in pieces via fractals. Same thing could be done with living story events that are introduced and replaced in time. Picture a version of Marionette fight lived via a single lane/platform where your party is fighting thru the stages of that fight with NPCs occupying the other platforms. That way we keep the living story but also allow people that might have missed it have a chance to experience some of the history.

I'm sure I've seen Anet staff saying they'd like to bring Season 1 back, but in the same instanced format as Season 2, not as Fractals, (but it comes to the same thing - just a different entry point for the instances). But apparently converting it all to single-player/small group instances takes nearly as much work as creating it originally, so either it would take a very, very long time to do or they'd have to put new releases on hold while they work on it.

I keep hoping we'll hear that they have been working on it very slowly around other things (what my company calls 'doing it off the side of your desk') and it's going to be released eventually. But I have no idea if they are doing that.

Oh, I would LOVE that. They can take their time if they want for an SP LS1. I really want to experience it for myself so I understand LS2 better.

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Like a memory? That would be cool, just please ANET don't slap on some cheesy brown-tint filter (personal story).

You can turn that off by disabling post-processing in the options menu :)

Yeah, you can. But the filter doesn't make sense when you go back to LA before it was destroyed by Scarlet in the PS. The filter makes it look like a memory. For new players, this would be confusing because according their character, they are experiencing it NOW. Brown filter? We don't need no stinkin' brown filter!

I do agree that it's not needed, but for those who don't (or can't) tolerate it's presence there's a workaround :)

Archived