Healing Shouts set up

Opopanax.1803

With the change to Warhorn, and Soldier's focus and Tactics in general, have any of you pulled the trigger for Healing Power/Boon duration gear? Or just Healing gear [thinking of Marshalls].

If so, how does it play? I'm looking to invest in a set but would like some feedback before I do. .

Thanks!

@"RedShark.9548" runs a shout build all the time. I don't know if he runs healing power or boon duration though, so we'll have to wait on him to chime in, although I think there is a thread of his on the revival of his worker build in the warrior sub forum.

Well, it depends on the mode right? If this is for instanced content then don't do it, there are specs on other classes that will be better. For a Zerg? Generally speaking in that situation the amount of damage flying around is pretty high so its either every little bit helps or go big or go home mentality.

Here is one example with full Minstrel's that focuses on Boon Duration:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKAFgEGaXZBsLGGTkdinq06zC-zVJYjRP/ZUtUIdVgHPIhye4t0/lG-w

Here is another with Marshal's that focuses on Healing Power:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKAFgEGaXZBsLGGTkdinq06zC-zVRYgRB4G58lR1pQ6VgvHkQZP8WafzC-w

Note that there is an extra 50% outgoing healing to your allies not factored into the healing tooltips. Each shout should heal others for 4,635 HP top end, if you swap a sigil of concentration for a sigil of life you'll cap out at 5k heals. Would be good to use while using Bubble in the enemy Zerg to keep your own health up while stripping their boons and bolstering any Berserker and Reaper tagalongs who are cleaving around you.

Weapon choices on those two builds were arbitrary other than the warhorn, feel free to pick something else.

You summoned me?@"Lan Deathrider.5910"Lel

Yea, this is what i run in big blobs

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEIiNssAmI7ihxOxjVa9dB-zVIYfUzXKNFCZGBdXAhnAqOL6/aB-w

If you want more healing output eat healingpower food and stones, and change the stack sigil to healingpower.

That will provide the most healingpower, as power is directly increasing healingpower with tactics.

Boonduration is a complete waste on warrior imo. You just dont provide many boons, and most already have long durations.The only short one rly is resistance from horn, but you need kitten loads of concentration to get from 2 seconds to 3...not worth it.Also, your hammer will still hit with 3-5k which is enough in a 50man blob to kill stuff, when others press their buttons too.

In my guild i often run this setup without the heal, focusing only on boonrips, cc, condiremoval and dmg buffs for my group.Swapping the gear to berserkers and empower allies and phalanx strength, for extra 500 power and instant 24 stacks of might for my group.

If you want to go with the meme you can take monkrune aswell and heal for like 5.5k on everybody hit, but thats more likely to overheal 4 persons and just heal 1 person for that much, because in this dmg powercreep heavy meta you either are full hp or dead.So smaller more consistent heals are allot more efficient.

@"Blocki.4931" said:That build is really kitten fun, I love it!I expected to feel bad without Fast Hands, but it's alright after a while of getting used to it.My issue would be adrenaline generation at the start? Always bubble to get you started on that?

You cast "To The Limit!" first to gain Adrenaline. The might gain from FGJ coupled with Mender's Might and Vigorous Shouts turn it into a second heal skill on its own when allies are nearby. FGJ will heal for over 8k if you have enough allies nearby, and its instant cast.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:That build is really kitten fun, I love it!I expected to feel bad without Fast Hands, but it's alright after a while of getting used to it.My issue would be adrenaline generation at the start? Always bubble to get you started on that?

You cast "To The Limit!" first to gain Adrenaline. The might gain from FGJ coupled with Mender's Might and Vigorous Shouts turn it into a second heal skill on its own when allies are nearby. FGJ will heal for over 8k if you have enough allies nearby, and its instant cast.

Alright, so I've been doing the right thing, thanks! Definitely more sustain than I expected.

@Blocki.4931 said:That build is really kitten fun, I love it!I expected to feel bad without Fast Hands, but it's alright after a while of getting used to it.My issue would be adrenaline generation at the start? Always bubble to get you started on that?

I swap in cleansing ire, if i feel like my guard is competent, or the enemies not instagibbing meIt adds alot of adrenalin generation.

And yea, not having fast hands turns off alot of ppl, many dont even try to play it, or try it for 1 or 2 fights, feel weird with it and go back to their super omegalul dmg warriors (who in reality cant compete with any of the current meta dmg speccs, like weaver or rev)

My WvW main has always run HealShouts, Axe/Warhorn (and either Mace/Shield or Longbow), with Crusader+Zealot's gear (Power focus) and Trooper runes. I can't say how effective it is as I can't fight myself, but plenty of people have in 5min+ long skirmishes.

It should be noted that I run Spellbreaker, because having access to Full Counter makes it borderline overpowered, I think.

It should also be noted that you lose some healing on allies without Trooper runes, as you won't be removing as many conditions with just Shake It Off and its lesser version Shrug It Off, and condition removal is part of support Warrior's healing on allies.

But I think someone calculated you can still exceed it with raw outgoing healing (Monk runes, etc.), its expensive though. And running it daily is also very expensive unless you have someone constantly putting down Ascended food, Rice Balls aren't cheap.

Its one of those decisions you have to make between better average performance or better peak performance..

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:That build is really kitten fun, I love it!I expected to feel bad without Fast Hands, but it's alright after a while of getting used to it.My issue would be adrenaline generation at the start? Always bubble to get you started on that?

I swap in cleansing ire, if i feel like my guard is competent, or the enemies not instagibbing meIt adds alot of adrenalin generation.

And yea, not having fast hands turns off alot of ppl, many dont even try to play it, or try it for 1 or 2 fights, feel weird with it and go back to their super omegalul dmg warriors (who in reality cant compete with any of the current meta dmg speccs, like weaver or rev)

I switched to Axe for a bit more aoe and I always forget how good Axe 2 is at generating Adrenaline. Went Rousing Resilience for that extra bit of sustain on me and had a ton of incredible fights. This is so much fun! Usually I'd complain that Fast Hands is gone because I don't get to swap weapons enough to make use of all the skills,but with all this sustain I can pull off so many swaps lol This is exactly my playstyle.

@Blocki.4931 said:

I switched to Axe for a bit more aoe and I always forget how good Axe 2 is at generating Adrenaline. Went Rousing Resilience for that extra bit of sustain on me and had a ton of incredible fights. This is so much fun! Usually I'd complain that Fast Hands is gone because I don't get to swap weapons enough to make use of all the skills,but with all this sustain I can pull off so many swaps lol This is exactly my playstyle.

Im not a fan of axe in zerg because sword offers more mobility, especially since hammer has none rly.Its good to jump in and pull bubble at the right place. Its f1 is also deadly if used on enemies in your teams bomb, you almost always see ppl get stuck from the immo and die, even with stability on them :p

Do you know guys if the heal from Shrug it off works for others sources of condi cleanse, like the runes of soldier, the warhorn, the torch etc ? And if it's per condi removed or per "application"

Use "Shake It Off!" automatically when you have a number of conditions on you. Removing a damaging condition from an ally heals them.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Do you know guys if the heal from Shrug it off works for others sources of condi cleanse, like the runes of soldier, the warhorn, the torch etc ? And if it's per condi removed or per "application"

Use "Shake It Off!" automatically when you have a number of conditions on you.
Removing a damaging condition from an ally heals them.

I was hoping that it worked on every dmg condi removed, that would actually be a good source of healing, but sadly it doesnt work that way.I think it works per application, but would need to test it out specifically again, i think i testes it out once, when the change was made, but cant remember anymore.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Do you know guys if the heal from Shrug it off works for others sources of condi cleanse, like the runes of soldier, the warhorn, the torch etc ? And if it's per condi removed or per "application"

The way it is worded makes it seem that it is any damaging condition. Want to test it out? Go solo cap a camp in WvW, take another source of condi removal that does not heal or grant might, let Shrug it Off proc, get another condi, and then cleanse it. Your combat log will show if you got healed in the event you don't see the number amongst all the screen clutter, or if you got a heal from somewhere and were not sure what amount was from where.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The way it is worded makes it seem that it is any damaging condition. Want to test it out? Go solo cap a camp in WvW, take another source of condi removal that does not heal or grant might, let Shrug it Off proc, get another condi, and then cleanse it. Your combat log will show if you got healed in the event you don't see the number amongst all the screen clutter, or if you got a heal from somewhere and were not sure what amount was from where.

Ok thanks, now I have tested it I have the answer to my question.