anyone able to make a soulbeast condi build work in pvp?

trunks.5249

Hi all i was wondering has anyone been able to make a soul beast condi build work in pvp? i feel like i have tried everything and nothing seems to work. at the moment i run a trapper /druid build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUx/lFwoYTMN2JWePmN/S+2cA-zZwOkCUAJICyUKowB . soul beast looks good on paper but it seems to drop my survivability by a lot with my play style. druid gives me speed extra healing and the major skill in the build ancient seed that gives me a powerful skill and time to escape if i need to. if i use soulbeast and want my power to be good and drop people fast i have to use beast master and skirmishing. witch makes it so i have to leave out a defensive line. or if i want to keep the defense i have to drop skirmishing or beasdtmaster witch will drop my condi damage so low that the build is almost useless. i hope anyone can help because it would be nice to have something else to have fun with besides my druid or core trapper

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POABc+xflRwoYWsJGKW2X/P3SsdaA-zZx8UiWI0uIIjJQHLAFOA This is the only condi based build (it's a bit power based) that works well unless you go vs full team of broken meta build. The point of this is forcing your oponent to come to objective where you use merge F3 pull to get then right into 3 traps, torch 5 and axe 5.

The problem with the druid in pvp is the -20% pet stats and healing being worse than you think it is. The healing only keeps you alive in a fight for the duration of F5 and after that you have the same or a little higher hp than you had before it. Next the shortbow is TERRIBLE in pvp because you can't get the back hits which makes the dps worse than any other weapon.

Right now the best build is the Boonbeast where you have a lot of base defence and good dps with boons.

Tried to get a condi soul beast with traps to work, but the problem is slotting traps means you aren’t slotting stunbreaks or stab and in cc wars, that means dying. I’ve done better without using skirmishers trait line and traps, but still don’t have the condi burst applications other classes have.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Tried to get a condi soul beast with traps to work, but the problem is slotting traps means you aren’t slotting stunbreaks or stab and in cc wars, that means dying. I’ve done better without using skirmishers trait line and traps, but still don’t have the condi burst applications other classes have.

Exactly this. Soulbeast condi ramp-up is very slow compared to other classes, so you'll be way better off going with power. And if you take traps to make up for the slow ramp-up, you become quite a one trick pony without important utilities to keep you functioning. Power soulbeast has been nerfed a fair amount, but remains a solid pick. Certainly head and shoulders above any core ranger build or druid. It's unfortunate, but druid is a solidly PvE spec. The moment you're out of CA, you're toast.