Whats the different between weapons from same rarity at level 80?

I just got level 80 and I want to get exotic till I collect the required ascended non-buyable materials, the question here whats the difference between all the different names of gears in level 80 of same rarity?Can I just use the level 80 booster in my level 80 character to get exotic with my preferred prefix or I need to get another exotic gear that is better?

Here's the Wiki article for all the details: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute_combinations

Generally speaking all items with the same level requirement and rarity are equally good, the difference is which stats they increase. There is a slight exception with level 80 exotics because some increase 3 stats and some increase 4 (and one increases 7), but it's not as simple as ones which give 4 stats are better, it depends on which stats are useful for your build. That's what the names refer to - which stat combination it has (although each item will also tell you the stats, you don't have to remember them all).

You can just stick with the stuff from the boost, that will have a defensive combination (probably Soldier's with Power, Toughness and Vitality, although I think some professions get a different one). That's good for keeping you alive but can mean it takes longer to kill anything. So you might want something which focuses more on doing damage, or conditions.

So the first step is to decide which stats you want (bear in mind not all combinations are available, and some are difficult or expensive to get) and then choose equipment which matches your needs.