Toypocalypse QoL Request (siege counter)

Taken from the Wiki: "There is a cap on the number of constructions." (siege pieces) "Once that cap is reached, any new construction placed will delete the oldest one. The exact cap is not known, but it seems to be about 80."

I've had the opportunity to speak to a number of self-confessed Toypocalypse tragics about the siege being placed, and a more exact number, but no one really knows. However, we all agree on one thing - there needs to be some kind of active counter on the amount (or number) of siege pieces placed in the instance.

It's also not known if upgrading a piece adds to the siege counter or just improves its abilities, but it's believed that it is the latter. If we had a counter to see how many siege pieces were in the instance we could then stop building and start upgrading, making better use of our time guarding the objective Gift Dolyaks.

Right now, most folks (new or seasoned) don't really have a care what or how much siege is placed, or indeed where it's placed on the map, nor the strategy behind the placement. As usual, there's a certain degree of apathy towards the goal of this minigame, and wiki is vastly overlooked by most for strategic tips. As long as one dolyak survives the 10 rounds, no one cares. If a siege placement counter could be implemented then I believe it would go some way towards getting people's attention as to how much can be placed, and will more likely draw their focus to placing siege strategically instead of where the materials to build the siege drop (happens very often).

I agree this would be helpful.

One thing I noticed more this year than in previous years is once it gets to the point (usually about round 3-5) where you're pretty much safe and unlikely to lose any dolyaks some people will go off and start building their own little siege areas away from anywhere it's really useful (whether that's on spawn points or around the dolyaks, or both) and they always seem surprised when someone says doing that will delete the siege in the middle.

I think a lot of people assume either it's infinite or that it works like guild hall decorations and it will only delete one if you place something else too close.

Also it would be helpful just to know when you're hit the cap and should focus exclusively on upgrading rather than bothering to put more down.

A counter would be nice to know when to start upgrading the siege. There really is not much strategy to placement of siege because of the range they have. Pretty much just build a catapult wherever the scraps drop, once you have enough the toys are pretty much killed as they spawn. No need to build a circle around the center or anything to protect the dolyaks. If a dolyak takes some damage, heal them up and move on.

@"Valandil Dragonhart.2371" said:Taken from the Wiki: "There is a cap on the number of constructions." (siege pieces) "Once that cap is reached, any new construction placed will delete the oldest one. The exact cap is not known, but it seems to be about 80."

I've had the opportunity to speak to a number of self-confessed Toypocalypse tragics about the siege being placed, and a more exact number, but no one really knows. However, we all agree on one thing - there needs to be some kind of active counter on the amount (or number) of siege pieces placed in the instance.

It's also not known if upgrading a piece adds to the siege counter or just improves its abilities, but it's believed that it is the latter. If we had a counter to see how many siege pieces were in the instance we could then stop building and start upgrading, making better use of our time guarding the objective Gift Dolyaks.

Right now, most folks (new or seasoned) don't really have a care what or how much siege is placed, or indeed where it's placed on the map, nor the strategy behind the placement. As usual, there's a certain degree of apathy towards the goal of this minigame, and wiki is vastly overlooked by most for strategic tips. As long as one dolyak survives the 10 rounds, no one cares. If a siege placement counter could be implemented then I believe it would go some way towards getting people's attention as to how much can be placed, and will more likely draw their focus to placing siege strategically instead of where the materials to build the siege drop (happens very often).

Fragging signed!

I created a guide recently. I'm always surprised that, in a game filled with min/maxers and those concerned with farming, that more people don't get that you can finish the whole Toypocalypse pretty quickly if you actually use some placement strategy and upgrade everything. If you want to farm presents for gold (a la the Mad King's Labyrinth), you'd think people would want to burn through faster.