Tail of the Star God Fragment - Getting it to drop again

So i lucked out and had this item drop for my Astralaria collection pretty simply about a month ago and apparently in that time accidentally deleted it out of my inventory (i know terrible but im working on a few collections and i must have mistaken it for one of the tokens you don't have to hold onto) I've used GW2 efficiency to search my account and make sure its not hiding in an obscure character's inventory-- nothing.

I went back to the Star God fragment to get another piece and so far have had 0 luck getting it drop. I have read it has a weirdly low drop chance compared to other collection items but i was hoping someone could confirm that theyd got it to drop again after looting it once to make sure im not wasting my time.

i also checked with Hobbes in lion's arch to see if i could buy it back from him (lost critical item for legendary collection) but he didnt offer it to me.

@ghostwriter.6140 said:So i lucked out and had this item drop for my Astralaria collection pretty simply about a month ago and apparently in that time accidentally deleted it out of my inventory (i know terrible but im working on a few collections and i must have mistaken it for one of the tokens you don't have to hold onto) I've used GW2 efficiency to search my account and make sure its not hiding in an obscure character's inventory-- nothing.

I went back to the Star God fragment to get another piece and so far have had 0 luck getting it drop. I have read it has a weirdly low drop chance compared to other collection items but i was hoping someone could confirm that theyd got it to drop again after looting it once to make sure im not wasting my time.

i also checked with Hobbes in lion's arch to see if i could buy it back from him (lost critical item for legendary collection) but he didnt offer it to me.

I reckon support would prob help you out on this one if you got desperate

Pretty sure this kind of collection drop only drops until you pick it up.Contact support! Explain roughly when you might have gotten it as a drop.

Oh! One thing to try before!Add an API on gw2efficiency and use the Account Overview page to search your entire account for it!It might be on a character you didn't expect! It's a long shot, but just possible!

yeah like i mentioned in my post i already tried gw2efficiency it's not in my inventory anymore. ive had past experience where i could gather multiple copies of items (like the flower for kudzu that you also use for dreamer) so i was hoping it would drop again. ill probably have to contact support but i honestly dont know when i collected it so its difficult to narrow down

@ghostwriter.6140 said:yeah like i mentioned in my post i already tried gw2efficiency it's not in my inventory anymore. ive had past experience where i could gather multiple copies of items (like the flower for kudzu that you also use for dreamer) so i was hoping it would drop again. ill probably have to contact support but i honestly dont know when i collected it so its difficult to narrow down

Ah, sorry I missed that!

Even though you can't narrow it down, it should really be a pretty clear case anyway, since it should be easy for them to verify that it's not on your account any more, but it should be checked off in the collection.

Explain the situation clearly and politely and I think there shouldn't be any problems!

• 5 months later...