Where will Episode 3 of the Icebrood Saga take us?

Fenom.9457

I know, it's early to start speculating on that point, but that's why I'm doing this. There's hardly any information, so we can have fun guessing! Whether it's an entirely new map or an extension of an old one, it's almost 100% certain each episode will in some way add to the world map. Bjora Marches, as far as we know, was made to be added in two parts so it will be finished after Shadow in the Ice. So, what are your guesses? Will the next episode keep mapping out the Far Shiverpeaks, or will we take a brief detour somewhere else? Grothmar Valley has a closed gate near the Ooze Pit, perhaps we'll see a new map to the south of the Valley? Or maybe another map will be expanded, but a core map in the Shiverpeaks? Perhaps we'll hit our third previously unexplored region of the world thus far in the Icebrood Saga with the Unending Ocean, Woodland Cascades, or anywhere else. Or we could be hit with a total curve ball and go somewhere familiar, but distant from the Far Shiverpeaks? There are secrets still to be uncovered in Orr, Branded remnants to be shattered in the Crystal Desert, and ancient history to be rediscovered on the Isle of Istan. Personally I imagine we'll see the Far Shiverpeaks mostly, if not entirely, for this Saga, but you never know!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn between somewhere near EOTN (hinted by the visions of the past mentioning scrying) and Woodland Cascades which had a hint in the trailer.

Or perhaps a map which will lead from one into another, again across 2 episodes

Either way it is likely to be around there since it is all Icebood/Jormag related

@Randulf.7614 said:I'm torn between somewhere near EOTN (hinted by the visions of the past mentioning scrying) and Woodland Cascades which had a hint in the trailer.

Or perhaps a map which will lead from one into another, again across 2 episodes

Either way it is likely to be around there since it is all Icebood/Jormag related

I definitely think at some point we'll get EOTN in a regular map, with the regular map likely overriding the little speck on the map now. That will still be accessible as an instance of course, but there will be an open world version of the place too. Hopefully, we get ALL of the Far Shiverpeaks by the time this is done.

My guess is it depends on what the "terrible things" that Jormag mentions are and if there are any. My personal guesses for the former option would be either DSD becomes a threat to Tyria, possibly shown in the water part of the Saga trailer, or Primordus reawakens, which is likely to be soon based on Jormag's apparent resurgence recently. If its DSD, I think the map will be in the area below Mount Maelstrom, which was updated on the world map shortly after Grothmar was, where we will meet the first DSD minions. If It's Primordus, the map could be anywhere, but may be more Dwarven focused so maybe Deldrimor Front area where the Central Transfer Chamber was in GW1?

If there isn't actually a threat and Jormag's just lying to bait the PC/Aurene, I think we'll stay in the Shiverpeaks and keep fighting Jormag or go someplace else entirely to cleanse Aurene if Jormag does get to her (maybe something with the old Forgotten ritual used to cause Glint to regain her free will?).

My far-flung guess as to the overall Saga's direction is that we'll continue moving west, based on the trailer:

Episodes 1-2 Bjora Marches (already known)Episodes 3-4 Verdant Cascades (based on centaur slave-drivers)Episodes 5-6 Janthir Bay (based on the scuttled ship)

And then if there's a season 6 or expansion 3, it'll be focused on the events in Janthir Bay. For those familiar with GW1, that's the supposed origin of people who had the Gift of True Sight. And I'm making another far-flung guess that Jormag does want to kill everyone and rule, but that her threat "on the horizon" is genuine, and cannot be seen without True Sight. She's an enemy, but knows that neither of you can survive against the threat.

@"Tulki.1458" said:My far-flung guess as to the overall Saga's direction is that we'll continue moving west, based on the trailer:

Episodes 1-2 Bjora Marches (already known)Episodes 3-4 Verdant Cascades (based on centaur slave-drivers)Episodes 5-6 Janthir Bay (based on the scuttled ship)

And then if there's a season 6 or expansion 3, it'll be focused on the events in Janthir Bay. For those familiar with GW1, that's the supposed origin of people who had the Gift of True Sight. And I'm making another far-flung guess that Jormag does want to kill everyone and rule, but that her threat "on the horizon" is genuine, and cannot be seen without True Sight. She's an enemy, but knows that neither of you can survive against the threat.

I definitely think there’s more than 6 episodes though, right?

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Tulki.1458" said:My far-flung guess as to the overall Saga's direction is that we'll continue moving west, based on the trailer:

I definitely think there’s more than 6 episodes though, right?

My guess is the same. Episode 1 was smaller then the previous 2 seasons.More like season 2. So maybe 8 then?

I voted blood legion homelands. Because i think that we are not done there..

Far shiverpeaks... E1= Bjora , E2=West of bjora where you used to have the polymock arena and haunted homestead in gw1, E3 = Drakkar lake, E4 = Varajar fells, E5 = Verdant Cascades. We are just going to the west. Big battle against Jormag will be at Olafstead, just saying..

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:It's not a guess, it's what I would like to discover: The whole Woodland Cascasdes region north of Harathi. :)

Woodland cascades is my most wanted region but I’m afraid they wouldn’t do it enough justice - as in not enough new assets and new soundtracks to give the place a new feel, like it actually is a new region of the world (since, you know, it is).

However I’ll say the far shiverpeaks felt pretty new and I think they did that well even though this isn’t an expansion. But of course far shiverpeaks is one of the easiest regions they could have picked since it’s SUPPOSED to look a lot like the regular shiverpeaks. So I’m still afraid about the cascades but I desperately want it

Yup, new maps would be better: woodlands especially with the delta, and far maguuma wastes. They can do them like core maps using secondary races like centaurs, jotuns, quaggans, skritts, dredges... they were nicely balanced, see timberlines falls: sure you have asura, but also ettins, dredges, presence of priory etc.

it's only gonna be in far shiverpeak, but where? depends

if we are getting visions of the past first, i think it will be Norrhart domain + top half of ice cliff chasmswhy? because Hall of Monument was only only place to see and replay a vision back in GW1; but we need to go through a collection chain to restore the power of the scrying pool, similar to the sunspear sanctuarywith the map meta reclaiming and defend gunnar's hold; which i believe is the fortress in the ice brood saga trailer

if we are getting drakkar first, then it will be jaga moraine + drakkar lake

i personally believe the former, we will go to HoM first then drakkar (varjar fells + drakkar lake)it make sense for the story to lead us to establish a fortifiable base of operations to prepare for the fight against jormag's army, and this is when we learn the bad news of Bangar and Ryland got turned into icebroods, and Rytlock will start hating how useless of a father he was, and he takes it to drakkar to get his revenge... and it's be weird to suddenly jump to drakkar's lake

@crepuscular.9047 said:

... and it's be weird to suddenly jump to drakkar's lake

Hall of monuments is further away from the Bjora than Drakkar Lake is according to that_shamans map, so going there makes some kinda sense. Its a shame that anet doesnt seem to want to make map connections make sense, as it is i dont see a way to go from Bjora to the Hall Of Monuments area but i do hope we go back there in episode 3.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:

... and it's be weird to suddenly jump to drakkar's lake

Hall of monuments is further away from the Bjora than Drakkar Lake is according to that_shamans map, so going there makes some kinda sense. Its a shame that anet doesnt seem to want to make map connections make sense, as it is i dont see a way to go from Bjora to the Hall Of Monuments area but i do hope we go back there in episode 3.

i just did an overlay over GW1 map, drew red line directly to dakkar's lake, and copy the line, they are the same distance from jora's keep

i then copied the map zone size for gorthmar across to the 2 theoretically possible zones, purple and light blue, HoM can just fit in as i theorised above by having Norrhart domain + top half of ice cliff chasms

the green arrowed dotted line path is what i think the story may take us, and the dotted square is possibly what the drakkar's map shape could be likei would like to see what the Battledepth had become after 250+ years

zJv0pfE.jpg