Tome of Knowledge trader suggestion

R E F L H E X.8413

Didn't they used to be able to be used for a world experience level, or is that just me remembering bringing uplevels in?

Anyway, being able to exchange tomes for a as yet invented "world experience tome" would be nice. PVE has experience masteries (similar to our thimbles of wxp) for Core tyria, Hot and the POF, we're now up to insta level 50 scrolls if you've had a 5th birthday and they sell insta 80s on the BL if you managed to use or never got the 2 insta 80s that came with both expansions, but wvw doesn't have an equivalent to even get 1 rank in 30secs, much less 80 ranks. Seems like a fair trade off to me to be able to cash in the tomes we get in wvw for wvw...

Why would we need another way to access hero points? Already got proofs of heroics for that and pve madness.I'm sure you dont need that many alts with hot specializations anymore?

Would go for wvsw levels. Although some of us have like 1000 stockpiled already.....so i don't see them doing that. Only way would be to do just new ones being able to do that like they did with the skirmish chests. But i'm sure that's too bothersome for them to even consider.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Didn't they used to be able to be used for a world experience level, or is that just me remembering bringing uplevels in?

Anyway, being able to exchange tomes for a as yet invented "world experience tome" would be nice. PVE has experience masteries (similar to our thimbles of wxp) for Core tyria, Hot and the POF, we're now up to insta level 50 scrolls if you've had a 5th birthday and they sell insta 80s on the BL if you managed to use or never got the 2 insta 80s that came with both expansions, but wvw doesn't have an equivalent to even get 1 rank in 30secs, much less 80 ranks. Seems like a fair trade off to me to be able to cash in the tomes we get in wvw for wvw...

TBH I think trading for WvW Ranks should not be a thing at all. WvW rank should stay the way it is. You should not be able to buy a rank imo. Rank should come with time spent in WvW. I would say the same thing for PvE and PvP.

@Malerian.8435 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:Didn't they used to be able to be used for a world experience level, or is that just me remembering bringing uplevels in?

TBH I think trading for WvW Ranks should not be a thing at all. WvW rank should stay the way it is. You should not be able to buy a rank imo. Rank should come with time spent in WvW. I would say the same thing for PvE and PvP.

I'd agree, but rank doeant really prove how good or bad of a fighter you are and up until ascended and legendary armor, rank had absolutely no value.

I'm not suggesting a 1 for 1 pve tome to wvw tome/rank, maybe a stack of pve tomes (250) in exchange for 1 wvw rank. I mean how many tomes can people really have saved over the years? Plus, something like this would make it possible for 2 man guilds to get the wvw guild missions.

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:I'd like to see a vendor with items similar to skirmish chests: food, badges of honor, tactics, and siege. Because tomes are easy to get I don't think you should be able to use them to purchase ranks.

Wvw rank comes with titles attached, and people want those to reflect time spent in wvw, so I would not make the tomes give rank 1 for 1. However, I do think it would not materially hurt player sensibilities if 100 tomes = 1 wvw rank. The tomes are accountbound, so that limits players from just buying their way to 10,000. With my current stacks, I would get ... 4 wvw ranks if I could trade 100 tomes per rank. That is hardly progression-breaking.

EDIT - I like your vendor idea, though. Add a tab to the skirmish chest vendor that takes tomes, for instance, the same way that different fractal vendor tabs take different currencies.

@Cerby.1069 said:Why would we need another way to access hero points? Already got proofs of heroics for that and pve madness.I'm sure you dont need that many alts with hot specializations anymore?

Would go for wvsw levels. Although some of us have like 1000 stockpiled already.....so i don't see them doing that. Only way would be to do just new ones being able to do that like they did with the skirmish chests. But i'm sure that's too bothersome for them to even consider.

Instead of levels they could be used for wvw exp boosters maybe

@diamondgirl.6315 said:

@Blodeuyn.2751 said:I'd like to see a vendor with items similar to skirmish chests: food, badges of honor, tactics, and siege. Because tomes are easy to get I don't think you should be able to use them to purchase ranks.

Wvw rank comes with titles attached, and people want those to reflect time spent in wvw, so I would not make the tomes give rank 1 for 1. However, I do think it would not materially hurt player sensibilities if 100 tomes = 1 wvw rank. The tomes are accountbound, so that limits players from just buying their way to 10,000. With my current stacks, I would get ... 4 wvw ranks if I could trade 100 tomes per rank. That is hardly progression-breaking.

EDIT - I like your vendor idea, though. Add a tab to the skirmish chest vendor that takes tomes, for instance, the same way that different fractal vendor tabs take different currencies.

True, trading a stack of 100/250/X wouldn't be unreasonable.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:One for one for hero points

I am all for some additional use of it other than spirit shards. Not sure hero points is it, but not opposed.

Hero points are how we unlock specializations like mirage to use in world vs world. itd take like a stack or so per spec so its reasonable.

@Trajan.4953 said:How about just a "Consume All" on the things.

This dont help doing more pve on each class before being able to play a spec in wvw.

Consume all would be great. I don't really care what they do with them to tell you the truth. I have almost 10k tomes. For the record, you used to be able to buy ranks with laurels and badges back in the day, so using them for ranks wouldn't be such a bad idea. It would allow the low ranked people an additional way to gain ranks as you acquire the tomes very quickly in wvw. I am almost rank 8k so another avenue for them would be great. We already have enough Birthday boosts for levels 20,30,40 and 80 available. Anything besides spirit shards would be awesome. I would really just like a consume all.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Malerian.8435 said:

I'd agree, but rank doeant really prove how good or bad of a fighter you are and up until ascended and legendary armor, rank had absolutely no value.

I'm not suggesting a 1 for 1 pve tome to wvw tome/rank, maybe a stack of pve tomes (250) in exchange for 1 wvw rank. I mean how many tomes can people really have saved over the years? Plus, something like this would make it possible for 2 man guilds to get the wvw guild missions.

All together I have 16 stacks of them.

Archived