Is it just me or does D/D feel better on core than weaver?

Zexanima.7851

DD on weaver is good, but more difficult, the flow is a bit off. It feels a bit clunky, but it definitely has some potential. I think because most of your leaps and gap closers are locked on your third skill when dual attuned. There's still mud slide though but it requires some setup since you need to go earth/water which are not offensive attunements. And attunement icd make comboing your fields harder.

It's a bit less "instinctive" than sword, unravel is near mandatory, no easy "evade/water combo" you need piano to chain skills: this is true you have easier engage/disengage (*in pvp) easier chain combos, with sword but Dagger : leaps, schoking aura, more cc, more range, less useless AA. In PvP, mostly if you play fireweaver, yes keep your sword,In WvW, personnaly I don't play sword anymore. D/D, once you master your keayboard and Unravel, is far more amazing and powerful.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:It's a bit less "instinctive" than sword, unravel is near mandatory, no easy "evade/water combo" you need piano to chain skills: this is true you have easier engage/disengage with sword but Dagger : leaps, schoking aura, more cc, more range, less useless AA. In PvP, mostly if you play fireweaver, yes keep your sword,In WvW, personnaly I don't play sword anymore. D/D, once you master your keayboard and Unravel, is far more amazing and powerful.

can you duel me ?want to see dual dagger weaver, its very rar.me core classic dual dagger ele.

@Fueki.4753 said:To me, any Ele weapon feels better on core than in (dual attunement) Weaver.But DD especially feels best on Tempest to me.

I might give that a try on tempest. I really like the D/D playstyle but compared to weaver, core just feels useless. I can survive fine but my chances of killing my opponent are lower and my time-to-kill is like 10x longer.

Dagger Weaver has some pretty strong dual attacks, and luckily almost all of their double-attuned skills are fantastic. The most threatening Dagger Weavers I have encountered have been dagger/focus Lightning Rod ones. Grim plays it really well on occasion on his stream and I personally find it a lot more enjoyable to watch over Fire Weaver and S/F Weaver. I don't know Ele enough to play the spec well, but the LR CC combos can be devastating. It's also really cool that the spec has two counters to evade spam: Shocking Aura and Mud Slide. I have seen them played effectively both with and without Unravel. I am sure the spec would see a ton more play if it has better access to condi clear.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:It's a bit less "instinctive" than sword, unravel is near mandatory, no easy "evade/water combo" you need piano to chain skills: this is true you have easier engage/disengage with sword but Dagger : leaps, schoking aura, more cc, more range, less useless AA. In PvP, mostly if you play fireweaver, yes keep your sword,In WvW, personnaly I don't play sword anymore. D/D, once you master your keayboard and Unravel, is far more amazing and powerful.

can you duel me ?want to see dual dagger weaver, its very rar.me core classic dual dagger ele.

If you find me.

@Fueki.4753 said:To me, any Ele weapon feels better on core than in (dual attunement) Weaver.But DD especially feels best on Tempest to me.

Yep I agree, DD Tempest is very satisfying to play.

If Weaver is all about rapidly flowing from one element to the next, Tempest is definitely about being in total control of their current Element, and staying in control of the fight.

Dagger 2 for Fire and Water doesn't even remotely feel good for a fast paced Weaver playstyle anyway.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:To me, any Ele weapon feels better on core than in (dual attunement) Weaver.But DD especially feels best on Tempest to me.

Yep I agree, DD Tempest is very satisfying to play.

If Weaver is all about rapidly flowing from one element to the next, Tempest is definitely about being in total control of their current Element, and staying in control of the fight.

Dagger 2 for Fire and Water doesn't even remotely feel good for a fast paced Weaver playstyle anyway.

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. The pacing on weaver is much more frenetic, so it definitely feels awkward trying to utilize these slow breath attacks. However, for me the biggest issue is that dagger wasn't designed for use with weaver and it feels like you really need to use unravel just to have some semblance of parity with the sword kit. Your mileage may vary (I know some weavers who swear by dagger mainhand!), but it just feels all wrong to me where it felt just right on Tempest.

Most of the more impactful skills on dagger/dagger are in the 3, 4, and 5 positions (e.g. fire 3, air 4, 5, etc.), which are only accessible on demand when you're rotating out of the proper attunement (or if you unravel). Meanwhile, sword being designed specifically for weaver, has critical skills that must be available on demand located in the #2 position so that you're always just one swap away from a quick evade, mobility, CC - or really whatever else you happen to need because the sword kit basically does it all!

It's probably just something I need to practice until it starts to feel more "right" to me. But I admit it's hard to pull myself away from playing sword/x. It's just a ton of fun! Now if they could maybe shorten the clunky cast times on a few skills it would be perfect! Reduce all dual skill cast times to 1/2s (some of them are 3/4s). Reduce flamewall cast time from 3/4s down to 1/2s. And remove the cast time from Weave Self (the initial activation, not the CC component). Ain't nobody got time for 3/4s casts on sword weaver!

• 2 weeks later...

Condi or Hybrid weaver D/D or D/F you play if like the fire sword condi meta cele style or you can go 2/3 settlers or the other one with and 1/3 trailblazer play it like meta fire burn spam with rotations or you can go D/F and play fire /earth and weaver you get becaregul since your rotations are weaker you must rely on more healing and either earths condi resistant base or anti crit traits. Mix and match base on scenario. Ele has no 1 builds beats meta like pre 2015. Also we don't have a 4 sigil combination just stuck with 2 so like engi we lack that niche as other profession. Sigils safest to use would be energy or sigil of cleansing with rune of Balthazar or Forgeman or Durabilty if you are fighitng heavy melee. You can use antoxin vs condi and swip sigil with cele condi builds (like fire cele sword but d/d) use sigil of generosity so you can send 2 back good fighting people who snare you anc your still exchange melee with them. Pick and choose regardless ele/weavers are the weak compare to certain builds or metas hard to fight strong range like the Fresh air Sc/focus or dagger Weaver who wants to play keep away forever. You wont lose to him but you will never catch him or if make sure self more glass to deal hybrid daamge you will either get cheesed by him when he calls a Daredveil to jump you or an SB warrior. As what solemn said dodge roll in fire fields in fire to dish out some silly aoe burns. Lots of youtbe steamers give the best explanation for meta builds. We old fools just play with them for a long time. These metas were used back in 2012-2013 with core ele. But core ele is lacking you are only pciking fights vs non meta or do small trash damage and pray you are preying on weaker opponents with no sutain or high dps or condi burst that will kill you.

Play everyday since Beta never miss a day just being older is a sad sign If this was 2005 that's an entire story cough cough. HOH cough cough easy.