Fishing: How would you all like this to work? [Merged]

Talking about Fishing, how would you all like this to work?

For me, I would like three kinds of fishing features.Rod FishingNet Fishing*Bait Hunting/Making

I would like Minigames for both fishing methods, and variety across the world map, with different locations for different fish.

Bait making take use of creatures fished and combo of goods that cooks make, to create some form of synergy between the three.

Would like a Minigame like the recent Choir Bell Wintersday game for fishing with nets.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@lokh.2695 said:I'd rather have AANet spend resources on something else. That's exactly how I'd like fishing to be implemented, not at all ;)

something else like what? been a few months now and we still getting a flow of LW right?

Something else as in, fleshing out the story or fixing balance or actually working on alliances or making a new raid wing, or reworking dungeons. I just never got what ppl get out of fishing and I'm personally not waiting for afk-content coming to gw2.If you like it, sure, go ahead, but this is a forum, not an echo chamber. You're free to post when you want something and I'm free to post that I'd rather have the resources spent somewhere else ;)

If we're going to add Fishing, I'd suggest something worthy of the gigantic aquatic life we have populating our waters: Spear Fishing. It can use the Spear anims we already have for the initial catch, into a little wrangling mini-game to reel it in and secure it.

In all likelihood, it'd be a fishing rod novelty item that you could use in any watery area, with different loot (fish/junk) tables depending on what region you're in. (Maguuma, Elona, Ascalon, etc). Catches could be fish (cooking materials), vendor trash (with a decent vendor value per stack), salvageable items, or chances to nab unidentified gear or fishing-specific prizes unavailable any other way in the game.

Bonus points if there's a collection for gathering specific items via fishing.

Preferably, I'd like the rod to be something you can get in-game through a series of collections/achievements, and then have them put fishing rod upgrades in the gem store like they do for gathering tools. That way you could get away with not spending any money and still have your fishing fun, or get a faster cast time or a chance for a multi-fish haul/faster bite potential if you choose to buy the upgrades. Fishing rod skins would also be something they could sell if this became a novelty.

I get that fishing's not for everyone, but ArenaNet isn't a helpless company with 5 employees. A team could pick at this over time and there would be genuine excitement for it whenever the time came to formally implement it.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Talking about Fishing, how would you all like this to work?

For me, I would like three kinds of fishing features.Rod FishingNet Fishing*Bait Hunting/Making

I would like Minigames for both fishing methods, and variety across the world map, with different locations for different fish.

Bait making take use of creatures fished and combo of goods that cooks make, to create some form of synergy between the three.

Would like a Minigame like the recent Choir Bell Wintersday game for fishing with nets.

Waste of time and resources. There are way more important things to devote cash and effort on.

As a player who spends a lot of time playing the flute to critters and random folks, fishing sounds like an amazing way for us to spend time with guildies. Imo, this game would benefit greatly from adding more toys and fun activities, theres plenty to collect and fight with but not that many tools for just having fun with your buddies. Quite sure that the latest toys on gemstone are still from vanilla, btw xP

Actually there is already fishing ingame, there is an event and a heart where you have to fish. And honestly I think that these activities like fishing are a waste of time. If I would want to go fishing I would go to a real lake. No need to have that in a computer game.

Fishing would be a great activity to just sit back and enjoy the ambiance in this game, its a perfect match for these maps. This attitude of 'don't do anything until my pet issues are addressed' is pointless, all you get is a stagnant game if the devs were foolish enough to follow that advice.