Getting HoT mastery points ?

leasm.1279

I'm exploring the LS3 zones now, but I noticed I spent too many mastery points into random stuff while playing HoT and now I'm missing Ley-Line Gliding a lot.So, I need 9 HoT mastery points to unlock Ley-Line, and I'd like suggestions of the quickest way to get them.

Should I just explore the LS3 zones to find points (I could also go back to HoT zone and try to get the points I have missed for some reason)?Or should I just focus on playing the story line?Or is there any other way to get mastery points?

I would say to focus on doing the more enjoyable ways of getting them to you first.

For ones hidden around the maps, if there are any you can't figure out how to get to I would recommend checking Dulfy.net for her HoT Mastery Point guides. If story is enjoyable for you to do, then go for it. Some of the in-story achievements reward mastery points as well as basic story steps if you haven't done those yet.

Also, there are Adventures that you can do scattered around all of the HoT maps. Getting a silver in those for the first time will reward you one mastery point, and gold gets you two (I looked them all up on YouTube before I did them so that I knew tactics ahead of time so I wasn't just flailing at them for a while). They're marked on your map as little silver icon of a person with a gold flag.The only difficulty is some of them are not available when nearby events are up

It really depends on which mastery points you got already, but here's what you can do:

1) If you've got a good hand for the adventures in HoT maps, go for these. You can get 2 mastery points per adventure, one for getting silver rank and one for getting gold rank. Some adventures are really easy, others are a bit more time consuming, but overall getting silver rank should be doable for most of them. So either you can do 9 different adventures with silver rank, or you find 4 that you find really easy and get both silver and gold rank, or any mixture of this.2) Check your achievement panel to see which "open world" mastery points you still have left. The ones on the map that you can simply communicate with. Most of these shouldn't be too difficult to reach, though from memory I'd say most of the LS3 ones were easier to reach than the ones in HoT maps.3) As you said, story achievements are another option too. Not all of them are easy to get, and I think that would be my last personal choice, as it's most likely the most time consuming for many of the achievements.

@leasm.1279 said:I'm exploring the LS3 zones now, but I noticed I spent too many mastery points into random stuff while playing HoT and now I'm missing Ley-Line Gliding a lot.So, I need 9 HoT mastery points to unlock Ley-Line, and I'd like suggestions of the quickest way to get them.

Should I just explore the LS3 zones to find points (I could also go back to HoT zone and try to get the points I have missed for some reason)?Or should I just focus on playing the story line?Or is there any other way to get mastery points?

Have you found all of the strongboxes in all of the maps?With the adventures, even getting silver is enough to get you a few mastery points here and there I believe.If you haven't done the story once, you should because that is an easy one for just completing an act through.As BlueBudgie said, open world achievements. Verdant Brink has easy ones just by completing each of the outposts events to completion.Sometimes they just make you go an find something or do something.If you are missing any commune ones, feel free to ask someone as well. There might be a mesmer who is willing to port to them.The living world season 3 ones are definitely an option but may not be enough.

For example, I have all but the raid masteries because I don't have them unlocked to spend points into yet.Not deducting what I would have to spend on them, I have 20 mastery points in spare without having even collected all the mastery points myself.There is plenty to do and many are super achievable.

Hard to tell without knowing which you have done already.If you check the Hero panel Achievements tab, it will show you exactly where you can get MPs that you don't have yet.I was recently desperately scrambling for a few more (almost every mastery maxed, and I needed the one that wasn't), and resorted to playing the games/adventures for the last one. Turns out it's pretty easy to get a silver in Salvage Pit for a MP. There are also tons of MP achievements you can get just for completing missions on each HoT map.

Honestly it's up to you. If you enjoy playing the adventures then you should try to go for high scores. I personally find them a little hard to tolerate so I go for exploratory points instead. I'm nearly done my masteries and I've mostly gotten them from strongboxes/insights/map achievements etc. The strongboxes and insights you can google for video guides and are generally pretty easy to get.Story masteries I find are kind of tedious to get because you have to do a lot of stuff and if you're trying to get them as fast as you can then you should definitely leave those out for now. If you have all the LS3 zones then you should find yourself with a fairly large surplus after you do all the easy mastery points.

Archived