Arenanet Matchmaking Error

Svarty.8019

Arenanet seem to have made a huge mistake in their matchmaking system:Piken Square is unlinked and has only High status, but other worlds have Full Status and have links. This is a big problem for Piken - players are giving up and leaving the game i.e. NO LONGER BUYING GEMS! Surely this should motivate Arenanet to alleviate the situation by fixing this enormous, embarrassing gaffe.

@Svarty.8019 said:Arenanet seem to have made a huge mistake in their matchmaking system:Piken Square is unlinked and has only High status, but other worlds have Full Status and have links. This is a big problem for Piken - players are giving up and leaving the game i.e. NO LONGER BUYING GEMS! Surely this should motivate Arenanet to alleviate the situation by fixing this enormous, embarrassing gaffe.

Yes. It’s embarrassing. Blame the people who bailed after bandwagoning it.

Links will be redone at the end of the month. Until then, Piken will drop in tiers until they are facing similar competition.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Most players left the server after the last relink i believe, PS will probably get a link when relinks happen on 31st Jan

People are allowed to leave AFTER relinks? Isn't that contrary to the point of having a matchup system at all?!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Links will be redone at the end of the month. Until then, Piken will drop in tiers until they are facing similar competition.

Oh? What is the tier below the one Piken Square is in now? There's no way to see the secret ladder in-game!

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Most players left the server after the last relink i believe, PS will probably get a link when relinks happen on 31st Jan

People are allowed to leave AFTER relinks? Isn't that contrary to the point of
having
a matchup system at all?!

Yeah, they can leave to any server they want so long as its not 'Full'Medium = 500 GemsHigh = 1000 GemsVery High = 1800 gems

After transferring, they don't earn pips until they have completed a full week of a matchup and can not transfer to another server for 7 days

@Svarty.8019 said:

having

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Links will be redone at the end of the month. Until then, Piken will drop in tiers until they are facing similar competition.

Oh? What is the tier below the one Piken Square is in now? There's no way to see the secret ladder in-game!

Well then, if they’ve reached rock bottom, don’t worry. One of a few things will happen: fairweathers will leave or stop playing increasing your chance of a good link, or people will transfer to you to ‘save’ Piken from this disastrous event.

Point is, Piken is just going through what many other servers have.

Oh, and as I’ve said before: the evil empire sends its regards.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

having

Yeah, they can leave to any server they want so long as its not 'Full'Medium = 500 GemsHigh = 1000 GemsVery High = 1800 gems

After transferring, they don't earn pips until they have completed a full week of a matchup and can not transfer to another server for 7 days

Surely that's not true. That would be an extraordinarily ridiculous, disgraceful and extortionate system, if it were!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Oh, and as I’ve said before: the evil empire sends its regards.Electronic Arts?

Piken's current matchup is:[HIgh] vs [Very High+Medium] vs [High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:[HIgh] vs [Full+Medium] vs [High+Medium]

This is a huge mistake by Arenanet and one I'd like to see urgently addressed!

If what Mini Crinny.6190 says is true, TRANSFERS are ruining everything! This system is an embarrassing shameful disgrace!

@Svarty.8019 said:Piken's current matchup is:[HIgh] vs [Very High+Medium] vs [High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:[HIgh] vs [Full+Medium] vs [High+Medium]

If what Mini Crinny.6190 says is true, TRANSFERS are ruining everything! This system is an embarrassing shameful disgrace!

Hyperbole:exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

Svarty you have been here long enough and active enough on these boards to not be stunned by this.

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Svarty.8019" said:Piken's current matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Svarty you have been here long enough and active enough on these boards to not be stunned by this.

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

I only state facts mate, you make of them what you will.

@XenesisII.1540 said:That didn't take long for a piken complaint.Last relink was done in Oct when Piken was still full, the next one was suppose to be in Dec but they moved it to end of Jan because of the holidays, they just got off full last week. Come back and complain after next relink.

It's not a complaint, it's a bug report.. or something.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Svarty.8019 said:Piken's current matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

I think Svarty may be on to something! This clearly show that we need to give Piken a link and to open BG!

We luv u devvies, please help us on Piken and BG!?!?!?!

@Swagger.1459 said:

[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

I think Svarty may be on to something! This clearly show that we need to give Piken a link and to open BG!

See? Why’d you have to mention the evil empire??!!??! You know it’s gonna get closed now.... ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

See? Why’d you have to mention the evil empire??!!??! You know it’s gonna get closed now.... ?

Just tryin' to be helpful so the team can see that we really need to give Piken link and open BG!

@Swagger.1459 said:

[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

Just tryin' to be helpful so the team can see that we really need to give Piken link and open BG!

How chivalrous of you! ?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

[HIgh]
vs
[Very High+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Piken's next matchup is:
[HIgh]
vs
[Full+Medium]
vs
[High+Medium]

Hyperbole doesn’t help.

How chivalrous of you! ?

Thanks! I always try to be selfless and caring just like you!

• 2 months later...