Condi Reaper..?

iDevil.4572

I think way to many tank stats.

You are at around 3,1k armor already, just with the gear, adding more toughness isn't worth. Kinda stat waste.Also not possible in spvp as there isn't any mainly defensive amulet left if I remember correctly.

And even though I saw some suggestions for Zerg reapers, running deathmagic, I personally don't like the build.Less corrupts than other versions of it.

• The source of the extra stats is unreliant. You don't have those stats all the time. (Extra power + toughness)
  • The traitline brings almost only defensive stats, but that's what you have supports in your zerggroups

So if you need those defensive stats you might be better off, playing scourge, as it also supports your group, making the whole group a bit more tougher.

I still like the soulreaping, spite, reaper version better than the deathmagic, soulreaping, reaper version.And build in defensive from gear

Condi reaper is underpowered but not completely terrible in pvp and wvw. You have to keep a few things in mind, when creating a build:

Condi reaper needs as many chills as possible to apply bleeds.

Dire is better than trailblazer because your targets have cleanses and and you want to maximize your damage before it gets cleansed.Since both attribute combinations are not available in pvp you have to go for hybrid damage then (carrion or wizard - stay away from viper! too squishy!)

Anet nerfed the number of bleeds of deathly chill, so a condi reaper build benefits a lot from a hydromancy/geomancy sigil burst.Since both sigils are not available in pvp you best go for doom/energy for some additional utility.

Spite/curses is the best traitcombination for two reasons. First, because dhuumfire in soul reaping isn't worth it. Your autoattacks are too slow without onslaught. Second, because you deal very low damage, you should at least debuff and cc your target and cover your bleeds with other conditions as best as you can. Death magic is terrible on any reaper build. It has a niche on condi scourge.

Builds which I play from time to time if I get bored from power reaper - condi reaper doesn't get better than this:

sPvP (carrion is an alternative: more sustain but less bleeds via crits and less direct damage)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSgAYFlJwaYcMPWJOuLbNVA-zZx8MiUFkpUwnDA(cast your shouts at melee to benefit from the reaper rune)

WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSgAYFlJwaYcMPWJOuLbNVA-z1IY8o6vMqMV7sq07kEE/B-w(enter shroud at melee to benefit from the two sigils)

Death Magic will work well with high vit builds, as stats diminish the more you get of them. Better to have high vit + medium tougness, then super high thoughness but nearly no vit.

I would say Plaguedoctor build would greatly benefit from death magic's carapace stacking. You already get high vitality and condition damage. On top of that you get some healing power and concentration, but lack toughness to reduce incoming punishment. Death Magic with corrupter's fervor can address that hole in the wall, giving you something on all defensive fronts (vitality, healing power, toughness).

Another good stat set would be Carrion. It has high vit, high condi damage, and high power, but no tougness whatsoever. On anything but reaper it may suck - condi weapons do very weak power damage and having hybrid damage doesn't do much. But reaper with gs can be a condi user and still do respectable power damage. With addition of up to 300 extra power in Death Magic from carapace stacks...that build can too work. You get some extra psysical damage and toughness to soak up more damage.

@"iDevil.4572" said:Thoughts on Condi reaper with new death magic changes plus using trailblazer gear? WvW / pvp ? is it viable, terrible, could work..? Torment runes/ krait, ideas?

You're three years too late. This was awesome before PoF, but they spent three "balance" patches destroying Condi reaper so that Scourge could take it's place.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"iDevil.4572" said:Thoughts on Condi reaper with new death magic changes plus using trailblazer gear? WvW / pvp ? is it viable, terrible, could work..? Torment runes/ krait, ideas?

You're three years too late. This was awesome before PoF, but they spent three "balance" patches destroying Condi reaper so that Scourge could take it's place.Not awesome, but broken.

Mercenary reaper (pvp) was broken because it had a 100% chill uptime on its target, which did shut down the target and dealt 600 damage every second right on top of the normal weapon damage of the build.

Trailblazer reaper (wvw) was broken because it could stack 30 bleeds (with an 8 second duration) in one second, covered by 5 other conditions and just repeat this 15 seconds later if the target was still alive.

Both builds were extremely tanky.

Even the actual pve version of deathly chill (2 bleeds) would be problematic in the competitive game modes. Condi reaper needs only slight damage upgrades. Barbed precision could be buffed to 50 or 66%. This might already be enough.

@"KrHome.1920" said:Condi reaper is underpowered but not completely terrible in pvp and wvw. You have to keep a few things in mind, when creating a build:

Dire is better than trailblazer because your targets have cleanses and and you want to maximize your damage before it gets cleansed.Since both attribute combinations are not available in pvp you have to go for hybrid damage then (carrion or wizard - stay away from viper! too squishy!)

Anet nerfed the number of bleeds of deathly chill, so a condi reaper build benefits a lot from a hydromancy/geomancy sigil burst.Since both sigils are not available in pvp you best go for doom/energy for some additional utility.

Spite/curses is the best traitcombination for two reasons. First, because dhuumfire in soul reaping isn't worth it. Your autoattacks are too slow without onslaught. Second, because you deal very low damage, you should at least debuff and cc your target and cover your bleeds with other conditions as best as you can. Death magic is terrible on any reaper build. It has a niche on condi scourge.

Builds which I play from time to time if I get bored from power reaper - condi reaper doesn't get better than this:

sPvP (carrion is an alternative: more sustain but less bleeds via crits and less direct damage)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSgAYFlJwaYcMPWJOuLbNVA-zZx8MiUFkpUwnDA(cast your shouts at melee to benefit from the reaper rune)

WvWhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSgAYFlJwaYcMPWJOuLbNVA-z1IY8o6vMqMV7sq07kEE/B-w(enter shroud at melee to benefit from the two sigils)

You ever tried a spite curses power reaper build?I think that would work better than a condi reaper and definitely better than death magic though not as bursty as your typical Spite soul reaping variant.

@YaminoNakani.7083 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:Condi reaper is underpowered but not completely terrible in pvp and wvw. You have to keep a few things in mind, when creating a build:

sPvP (carrion is an alternative: more sustain but less bleeds via crits and less direct damage)
(cast your shouts at melee to benefit from the reaper rune)

WvW
(enter shroud at melee to benefit from the two sigils)

You ever tried a spite curses power reaper build?I think that would work better than a condi reaper and definitely better than death magic though not as bursty as your typical Spite soul reaping variant.I never said these traits would work better on condi reaper than on power reaper, because they don't. ;)

Spite curses power reaper is my standard roaming and smallscale setup. I posted the build a few weeks ago in another thread. I posted this condi build just to show a build that is not totally worthless if (for what ever reason) you want to play condi reaper. The build is still inferior to a lot of power reaper builds.

I do never run soul reaping outside of pve or gimmicky full berserker spectral grasp into RS4 or spinal shivers oneshot builds in the zerg backline. This traitline is overrated and quite useless in the current boon spam meta. You can't burst through the sustain of most meta builds without corrupts on necro.

BM is useless on reaper (but great on core and scourge) and DM is useless on any necro build. I can't remember ever having lost to a DM necro, except one single trailblazer scourge. But this was before the massive cripple application was nerfed and he could lock me down easily. I think even this DM build doesn't work anymore.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:Condi reaper is underpowered but not completely terrible in pvp and wvw. You have to keep a few things in mind, when creating a build:

sPvP (carrion is an alternative: more sustain but less bleeds via crits and less direct damage)
(cast your shouts at melee to benefit from the reaper rune)

WvW
(enter shroud at melee to benefit from the two sigils)

You ever tried a spite curses power reaper build?I think that would work better than a condi reaper and definitely better than death magic though not as bursty as your typical Spite soul reaping variant.I never said these traits would work better on condi reaper than on power reaper, because they don't. ;)

Spite curses power reaper is my standard roaming and smallscale setup. I posted the build a few weeks ago in another thread. I posted this condi build just to show a build that is not totally worthless if (for what ever reason) you want to play condi reaper. The build is still inferior to a lot of power reaper builds.

I do never run soul reaping outside of pve or gimmicky full berserker spectral grasp into RS4 or spinal shivers oneshot builds in the zerg backline. This traitline is overrated and quite useless in the current boon spam meta. You can't burst through the sustain of most meta builds without corrupts on necro.

BM is useless on reaper (but great on core and scourge) and DM is useless on any necro build. I can't remember ever having lost to a DM necro, except one single trailblazer scourge. But this was before the massive cripple application was nerfed and he could lock me down easily. I think even this DM build doesn't work anymore.

Ah, I wasn't intending to impy that you were insinuating one would work better than the other, just simply inquiring what you though of it on power reaper because its not really commonly used but I had a sense there was good potential behind it.