Love the new forums, ANet!

Odokuro.5049

What I appreciate the most is the mobile version, above all else. It used to be a horrible pain navigating the forums on a smartphone, having to zoom in and out and accidentally clicking on wrong threads. The new, optimized version is beautiful: it's very simple, fits the screen perfectly, no useless clutter anywhere, no more zooming, and the font size is perfect.

Also, finally the forum LETS YOU STAY SIGNED IN. It never let me stay logged in before, on any browser, mobile or otherwise. I can't even begin to describe how annoying that was, especially as the forum always bugged for me, and I had to log in twice before it actually happened.

Overall a very nice improvement.

I like the Log-In feature and Poll options, but that might be about all.Don't get me wrong the Work is appreciated, but I think there might be stuff to fix or change.

For example:

• The new version of BBCode is very confusing when you have it in your post during writing, it's creation is however simpler than before.

• The design of this new Forums doesn't really looks styled. The old one had this Gw2 Red/White/Black used nicely but with the current theme it looks a bit like some sort of out-dated personal Blog webpage, not to mention Sticked/Non-Sticked posts and posts by Devs.

• I really don't understand the change behind new Bold text creation, but I am sure there are reasons for it.

• This example is a bit alibistic, but I am not particularly happy about Thumbs Down option. Gives too much means of abusing to trolls and people with popular opinions. Maybe the Thumbs in general, as I don't like seeing this turned in to Face***k.

• It would have been better to have more colour distinction rather than Black/White only.

• I miss the Preview button on Phone.

@Bandlero.6312 said:Personally, I think the new web version is very visually cluttered. (snip)

yeah a little bit, but might be cause u were used to the the other forum.

i think is due the grayed out images on the left and right side , it might be just a simple layout tweak to give other impressions

Imo its to centered :anguished:

Archived