Prevented from Buying Gems Via the Black Lion Interface

Yes, I have already been in touch with my bank to confirm that no charges were flagged or denied. Yes, I have already filed a ticket. Yes, I bought the PoF and HoT expansions with the same credit card. Yes, there is plenty of money on the card. Additionally, the Paypal option does nothing and has done nothing in my weeks of picking up the game again. I've tried that option both for the initial purchase as well as for gem purchases, and on a variety of browsers, and each time it just cycles back to the payment screen (sometimes with or without an error briefly flashing).

I don't know how ANet today can still have the same issues they were having 5 years ago. It's doubly infuriating when nearly every other highly monetized game has, at least, a functional interface and payment system. I'm trying to support this game with my hard earned money, but it just won't let me.

Since this is a common issue, can anyone tell me how long mommy is holding the purse strings here? 24h? Longer? Clearly there is some kind of automatic anti-fraud lock in place.

Have run into this in the past as well. Had to submit a ticket and they had to reset something on my account before it would allow me to make purchases again. I assume you submitted a ticket via the website in addition to this post. If not I would do since that's what resolved it. The issue was only with GW2's card processor since no actions were taken with the bank merchant or their card processors.

Something has been falsely triggering Digital River's fraud detection of late. Seems to have coincided with the PoF announcement, but that company does collect money for a variety of different companies so it is potentially a larger issue. I can't imagine Anet ignoring this issue if it was fixable one its end.

Unfortunately waiting for a ticket to go through is the only way to resolve that.

I ran into this problem once during a rapid succession of money purchases on my account. I figured this problem was the result of a safety measure in place by either ArenaNet or DriArena(or who ever does the money stuff for ArenaNet). When the block occurred I tried different cards and PayPal but no luck with any of them. The issue resolved in 24hrs for me and I was able to purchase things again. I would suspect you ran into the same issue and all will be well by tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,I was wondering if someone got a solution for this. Atleast to know what's causing it. I got similar issues since about 1-2 weeks when i got my PoF upgrade, after I came back to GW2 from a very long absence. To my surprise the ingame payment system, that i have used with no problems in the past, have failed me. I had to order the PoF from the website. Now, trying to buy some gems from the store i still cant pass the billing details window. It tells me to verify my address details and thats it.Im playing from Romania but i doubt that might an issue since the same transactions worked just fine on the website shop.I sent a tiket trough the website a couple of hours ago. I am waiting...Is there anyother way to get gems or the store items?

Thx for your time! ;)

EDIT:Thanks to GM One Ram my problem is solved. Had to use only letters or numbers in the designated fields during billing information.Hope this will help others, too.

Archived