Scourge build after nerf

annur.9387

Good night, I recently returned to the game after this last nerf to the scourge and I find myself a bit out of place with my old build. I would like to know that builds there is time to go with scourge condition.I've been looking at builds in metabatle but I don't know if they are updated

Excuse me for my english ^^

Thanks for the build Xenic. I have tried and it looks good the only thing that when I use the transfusion trait, and I use it; I don't see the dejected allies teleport to me. I don't know if I do something wrong or what, but it's just using shroud skill 4 ("Desert shroud"), right?

On the nerf, after all the information that I have been able to look for after I have returned to the game, it is as the great majority of people call it and of course the change in the summoning of sand. Maybe it's not that he's a nerf, but that you have to change the way you play scourge, I don't know.I tell you what I have been able to find out in other places.

The reduction of the shade cooldown and the passive of Signet of Undeath has smoothed out the rotation of the scourge, but also increased its complexity. Scourge I will say is one of the more complicated rotations of all the professions and I've done self destruct condi holosmith before which is less complicated IMO but also more dangerous to use.

I really enjoy the adjustments since it aids quite a bit. The only issue I'm still having is that the Pulse of the shades doesn't effect me when the shades are out which has increased my death rate, there's no way around that. The pulses from the shade abilities should still pulse on you only when the shades are out without procing Manifest sand shade. I'm not asking for the support element back from these skills around myself, that really isn't necessary. But the lack of defensive utility that the necromancer and scourge already has is still extreme.

@"annur.9387" said:

Thanks for the build Xenic. I have tried and it looks good the only thing that when I use the transfusion trait, and I use it; I don't see the dejected allies teleport to me. I don't know if I do something wrong or what, but it's just using shroud skill 4 ("Desert shroud"), right?

On the nerf, after all the information that I have been able to look for after I have returned to the game, it is as the great majority of people call it and of course the change in the summoning of sand. Maybe it's not that he's a nerf, but that you have to change the way you play scourge, I don't know.I tell you what I have been able to find out in other places.

Transfusion triggers by F4 (fear thing), that's your shroud skill 4.

@"annur.9387" said:Lily please, could you tell me or show your scourge build? How are you doing now?

I guess lily is referring to the pve endgame build from: https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/scourge/condition/

Yes. The last change kinda smoothed out the rotation a bit, if you can call it rotation. But it also made it more stressful.

I don't really like the new, gameplay of scourge in pve endgame. It got even more spammy.And even though people say, that scourge is faceroll gameplay, I wouldn't agree to that.

People just facerolling will never achieve as good results with their group, as people who dont faceroll especially with that icd of dhuumfire.

But the better you get with a class, the more easy/faceroll its dmg rotation gets for you.I know a weaver player, that the rotation is faceroll, yet he can't manage to get good results with the"Faceroll easy" class scourge.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning folks, I have a doubt with your TheageGnome.7520 build, is your build currently functional?I tell you, because it is a good idea to use trailblazer and then the rune of the undead, but I would like to know your opinion now.All this would be for pve.

Thanks in advance

@annur.9387 said:Good morning folks, I have a doubt with your TheageGnome.7520 build, is your build currently functional?I tell you, because it is a good idea to use trailblazer and then the rune of the undead, but I would like to know your opinion now.All this would be for pve.

Thanks in advance

Open world pve? OkayishAnything else? Not a good build, as you will have a healer with you most of the times (in t4 fractals or raids)

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"annur.9387" said:Lily please, could you tell me or show your scourge build? How are you doing now?

I guess lily is referring to the pve endgame build from:

Yes. The last change kinda smoothed out the rotation a bit, if you can call it rotation. But it also made it more stressful.

I don't really like the new, gameplay of scourge in pve endgame. It got even more spammy.And even though people say, that scourge is faceroll gameplay, I wouldn't agree to that.

People just facerolling will never achieve as good results with their group, as people who dont faceroll especially with that icd of dhuumfire.

But the better you get with a class, the more easy/faceroll its dmg rotation gets for you.I know a weaver player, that the rotation is faceroll, yet he can't manage to get good results with the"Faceroll easy" class scourge.

Man... I kinda forgot about this post. But yeah, my build isn't too dissimilar from this. It's pretty much identical aside from a minor change in that I use a warhorn for the extra CC.

I'm not the best player. I can manage around 25k on the golem in the lobby when I'm really focusing. In an actually raid it's more like 9-19k depending on the raid and the group buffs. So its rarely so clean.

@Lily.1935 said:

I guess lily is referring to the pve endgame build from:

Man... I kinda forgot about this post. But yeah, my build isn't too dissimilar from this. It's pretty much identical aside from a minor change in that I use a warhorn for the extra CC.

I'm not the best player. I can manage around 25k on the golem in the lobby when I'm really focusing. In an actually raid it's more like 9-19k depending on the raid and the group buffs. So its rarely so clean.

That's normal numbers. There's only a few encounters, where you can reach higher numbers...

I managed to pull of 24k at soulless horror once, but normally it's between 19 and 21k boss dps.And on other encounters it's much lower. Mostly due to boss phases and the insane slow rampup of scourge (in my opinion the slowest ramp up of all classes)

Taking extra warhorn is good if you need the cc in your group.

And for the golem. I only managed to pull the benchmark dps -200 once. The other times I tried I was at 25-27k.But dps isn't all that scourge can do. Good dps scourge can also improve survivability of the group by a large amount, while still doing decent dps.

I still wouldn't complain about a little buff/nerf. So that if you build dps, it's comparable to other classes (32k) but it doesn't do that much support.

@annur.9387 said:Good morning folks, I have a doubt with your TheageGnome.7520 build, is your build currently functional?I tell you, because it is a good idea to use trailblazer and then the rune of the undead, but I would like to know your opinion now.All this would be for pve.

Thanks in advance

I solo champs all the time w/that build. And I'm a mediocre player.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about Dhuumfire. I understand how it works in Core builds. I'm not sure how it works with Scourge. "Shroud 1 skill inflicts burning on your target".I mean I go into shroud by hitting F5... then what?

Also is running big shade (Sand Savant) a dps loss? I'm just used to it because I use it for Support builds.

I'm trying to figure out how to get better DPS in my builds. I do decent damage, but I have done some T4's with other dps scourge and they are always several thousand dps higher. Currently using the Plague Doctor as my main build so I know that hurts a bit, but even with my Viper's exotic gear I feel like I'm not up to snuff.

I'm also looking for a good guide or video that goes into detail on how to maximize dps for scourge if anyone has one.

Dhuumfire will be part of your F1. So each time you activate a shade (F2-F5), it will inflict Burning aswell as Torment. (Not when you place a shade)

"Sand Savant" is a dps loss for sure. Obivously it`s easier to get your "Sand Sage" bonus, but 30% Torment damage AND additional burning which is your main source of damage - especially if target doesnt move just adds up. With "Demonic Lore", it´s also easier to reposition your shades vs highly mobile targets - forexample boss in GH (Ishtan). And although you might have 1-2 shades nowhere near the target, you´ll still get your "Sand sage" bonus". With the "recent" CDR buff to shades, it´s much easier to relocate them now. Like you, I have a Viper and a Plague Doctor build and i use "Daemonic Lore" on both.

There is a huge dps difference between Viper and Plague. You shouldnt compare those two as they fill 2 different roles. For starters Viper get 13% of its precision converted to condi-damange AND all Plague Doctors attack hits like a wet noodle because you lack power.

I dont have a guide but here are some pointers to keep in mind :

• You should try to have max shades up at all times. Unless you know Boss is about to move and so on.
  • Spam F2-F3. Use them as often as you can. (With Plague Doctor, try to time F3 for high damage abilities from Bosses)
  • Always use "Feast of Coruption" AFTER shade-use.
  • Never use Staff in PVE. Go with scepter so you can take full advantage of the Curse-trait "Lingering Curse"
  • Fill in "Blood is Power" where you can and time it with F5 (If you`ve traited "Plague Sending")
  • Spam Torch but keep in mind you might need Torch "5" for CC

Not sure what else to say here. Only struggle ive had as Viper is running out of LF but if you keep that in mind you`ll manage. I might have for gotten some stuff but then hopefully others can chime in :)

It might feel strong but it's not. At tops it's mediocre in SPVP. Still too easy to focus/lock down and it struggles doing reliable damage. Only thing that have changed is you die slower but youre CC'ed forever.

I still love playing it though and i`ll be testing a hybrid build this weekend - hoepfully :)

@Malsheem.1794 said:It might feel strong but it's not. At tops it's mediocre in SPVP. Still too easy to focus/lock down and it struggles doing reliable damage. Only thing that have changed is you die slower but youre CC'ed forever.

I still love playing it though and i`ll be testing a hybrid build this weekend - hoepfully :)

I mean, that's literally the point of a bunker build?

@Brimstone Jack.3462 said:

@"Malsheem.1794" said:The point of a bunker build is to be hard to kill/lock down. A scourge is not.

I mean, i'm a total noob and it takes at least 2-3 sustained attackers to cc and focus me down once I pop my seals while I still do enough damage to hold them back until they die or my team gets there, but okay.

I think the same way a trained pve raider can do more damage than a whole 10man squad of random casual players,

we can in same way say that silver players can do less damage than what is considered "a whole player" , so those 1v5s are more like 1v1,5.