( new player ) i don't really get it about excessive cash-shop — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

( new player ) i don't really get it about excessive cash-shop

omarxz.5837omarxz.5837 Member
edited January 13, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

the moment for my first time i click O and check outfits and other stuff i said to myself yup with that amount of effort they spend on these amazing sets it must be 100% must be a cash-shop thing

i would understand that if its a blade and soul game or f2p then sure but when you ask people buy game expansions that give you so horrible armor compare to cash-shop stuff then there is big problem when you have 80%-90% most effort team put on items is cash-shop only even when search on wiki tons of them just cash-shop only when i click ( how to get them or item location page ) ,

let alone worst problem is ( exclusivity items recycle each like 10 days or something ) to give player kitten feeling if you don't get that item you will miss out about it , or loot boxes system

only people defend these systems are people who themselves buy these items and spend alot on them , do remember character visual progression system is very important to get it from the game and killing bosses and do pve/pvp is core part of RPG element in mmorpg , peace

PS: also i find this threat talk about armor issue to ingame https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-armor-design-so-poor-in-this-game

<1

Comments

• omarxz.5837omarxz.5837 Member
    edited January 13, 2020

@kharmin.7683 said:
    So, no constructive criticism? Only complaining?

You don't have to purchase anything from the gem store to play the game. Or, you could play the game and convert gold to gems to buy things from the gem store.

I don't understand the point of the thread.

my issue is not understanding why buy expansion while you put most of your visual progression behind cash-shop otherwise just make the game f2p same how blade and soul do the same thing but its 100% free and there is alot of legit and cool costumes from ingame content in blade and soul and not just cashshop , but compare to guild wars 2 armor of game ingame armor i mean is so bad looking and bad effort put into it compare to cash-shop one

"You don't have to purchase anything from the gem store to play the game" did i mention p2w or something ?? no so i don't understand??

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Learn how the gold game works and all the shinies will be yours too.

• Outfits are Gem Store, Armor is in-game...and rarely the twain shall meet.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2020

@omarxz.5837 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

You don't have to purchase anything from the gem store to play the game. Or, you could play the game and convert gold to gems to buy things from the gem store.

my issue is not understanding why buy expansion while you put most of your visual progression behind cash-shop otherwise just make the game f2p same how blade and soul do the same thing but its 100% free and there is alot of legit and cool costumes from ingame content in blade and soul and not just cashshop , but compare to guild wars 2 armor of game ingame armor i mean is so bad looking and bad effort put into it compare to cash-shop one

"You don't have to purchase anything from the gem store to play the game" did i mention p2w or something ?? no so i don't understand??

For me the reason to buy an expansion is for the content included. The new maps, game mechanics, elite specs and so on - it's stuff to do, not just items to use while playing the same content that was already there. Of course I assume that comes with new items, because it wouldn't really work otherwise, but that's not why I buy it. I do find this games business model, outside of expansions, very weird - the stuff I'd normally be willing to pay for is given away free and then I'm charged for some optional extra cosmetics. But since the stuff I'd normally pay for is free I don't mind spending money on the extras sometimes. Plus it kind of works, I can play the newest content whenever it comes out and only have to pay for it when it's convinient for me (which was especially nice when, due to unrelated circumstances, I couldn't justify spending any money on games for almost a year).

But again, if you don't like it your best option is to vote with your wallet by not paying for anything you're unhappy about. And that goes for the game itself too. If you've recently bought GW2 and now feel like you've wasted your money because items you want are in the gem store and not in-game you can request a refund. (I'm not sure what the cut-off point for that is, but it couldn't hurt to ask Customer Support, as long as you're sure you want to do that.)

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@omarxz.5837 said:
    the moment for my first time i click O and check outfits and other stuff i said to myself yup with that amount of effort they spend on these amazing sets it must be 100% must be a cash-shop thing

i would understand that if its a blade and soul game or f2p then sure but when you ask people buy game expansions that give you so horrible armor compare to cash-shop stuff then there is big problem when you have 80%-90% most effort team put on items is cash-shop only even when search on wiki tons of them just cash-shop only when i click ( how to get them or item location page ) ,

let alone worst problem is ( exclusivity items recycle each like 10 days or something ) to give player kitten feeling if you don't get that item you will miss out about it , or loot boxes system

only people defend these systems are people who themselves buy these items and spend alot on them , do remember character visual progression system is very important to get it from the game and killing bosses and do pve/pvp is core part of RPG element in mmorpg , peace

PS: also i find this threat talk about armor issue to ingame https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-armor-design-so-poor-in-this-game

I spend a lot of time on my MMO of the moment and would be perfectly willing to pay a subscription for it. That isn't GW2's model, so instead I just buy gems when I really want something. However, I understand that not everyone is willing to do that and, given the exchange rate of gold-to-gems, a lot of these skins are exorbitantly expensive if you aren't supplementing your collection with cash shop skins.

There really are a lot of skins available by playing the game, though. I have been working on the PvP/WvW armor sets as well as using reward tracks in those game modes to unlock all of the dungeon armor/weapon sets. In open world, I'm currently working on unlocking the Elegy and Requiem armor sets and before that I did the Boreal weapon sets from Bjora. I still have a few master achievements with skins to unlock from the story episodes, too.

There really are a ton of skins out there to unlock and, I find, the more skins you have, the better the chances that a skin you weren't all that fond of will be just right when paired with something else you didn't have before! It's part of the fun of Fashion Wars!

So, you're right. My perspective is rosier because I am willing to pay cash, so I can't argue that it doesn't seem like a strategy to withhold nice skins for the cash shop. Of course it is. That's how monetizing works! It's an unfortunate necessity and there's always going to be room to debate the balance between the cash shop and what's available via gameplay. For my part, I 100% agree with the idea of having more skins available by playing the game. Give me more of everything, really! I will pay for it, just give me more!

• Hope.6582Hope.6582 Member ✭✭
    edited January 13, 2020

Gw2 has no monthly subscription. Comparing it to blade and soul is just wrong. They need an income to make the game run and you can play it for free if you play the game and trade gold for gems. Only thing you have to pay to play the game fully are the expansions. And the amount of gameplay you get for those money is worth it.

To me the skins ingame are as good as the gem store ones. It’s all about individual taste. I got a lot of gem store staff skins but after I got bifrost I never use them anymore.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

To be fair B&S is F2P to a point. I know because I have a free account over there. As much as I like the cosmetics, their shop is way more expensive for me, especially without a currency conversion like GW2 has with gold -> gems.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• There is no sub fee in this game. I also play LOTRO, and besides a VIP fee if you want all areas between expansions (7 expansions btw), the cash shop has a very ptw feel. Boost your legendary? $$. Level boosts, stat boosts, all sorts of gameplay effecting items. And cosmetics.

I suppose if shiny is what makes things good to you, then maybe you 'need' store items. None of my characters have gem store outfits. I've gotten nice outfits from dungeons, festivals, and in game collections. Legendaries are all earned in game as well. I much prefer GW2 business model.

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

You could just ignore the gemstore skins for the most part. If it's on the gemstore chances are quite a few people have it, similar to 1st gen legendary weapons which have become semi-meaningless in terms of skins. If you really like the skin then do a gold-to-gem conversion calculation, would you pay that amount if it was sold at a vendor? This thread reminds me of the other thread this past month complaining about the mythic weapons being part of a bundle only. It's an optional skin, not necessary to play the game.

If you're talking exclusivity that's why I had set goals of legendary mistforged armor sets (which are uncommon due to 2000 WvW rank / 100 PvP rank , in comparison to Envoy armor to be honest) and the 2nd gen legendary weapons (Astralaria, Nevermore, HOPE) which can't be purchased right off the trading post. You will find similar such goals in PVE likely if you look hard enough (mostly titles or high AP above 35K for things like radiant backpiece). Speaking of PvE I didn't plan on making the full set of ascended Heroic Dragonsblood weapons (there's no collection for them), but ended up doing so due to Bjora Marshes' easy conversion of Eternal Ice Shards to Branded Mass. Therefore you definitely can make wardrobe/style goals that aren't tied in with the gemstore or even collections.

In GW1 there was no gold to gem conversion and I still bought outfits which totaled more than what I paid for the Collector's Editions, so in GW2 it's quite lenient. You really have to ask yourself if you want it that badly or not, otherwise you will end up spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars or an ungodly time farming ingame.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

@omarxz.5837 said:

ehhh...... no...... most of us were no-lifers that have run out of contents to do in Guild Wars 2, so we all left Guild Wars 2 to play Fashion Wars 2

jk

it's the same reason why someone would pay for $50 haircut vs a $5 haircut, just simply visually looks good that's all

I would disagree, the best fashion setup are actually with in-game earnable armors, and the old gem store armors skins.
    https://gw2style.com
    https://gw2.mmo-fashion.com/

unlike armor skins that can be swap out with individual pieces, outfits just cover up your entire armor

as someone who's into customising looks of my toons, I utterly detest the outfits
    there's no personality or expression of individuality in them

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

@omarxz.5837 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

I think the only reason you don't understand is that you have some preconceived notion about how 'most' of the visual progression is behind the cash stop. It's not.
    Also, if you don't think you can look good with gear that's available ingame, that's again your lack of experience with the game. I mean, you say you are new? Then you proceed to provide an analysis of the game that only someone new could. What and how you think explains itself right?

If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

• game expansions that give you so horrible armor

Really? They’ve got some very good in game armor to be earned. Some of it is over the top if you wear the complete set but if you mix and match from different sets you can get armor that’s both original and quite good looking. I have to think that anyone who says in game armor is horrible either hasn’t tried mixing and matching to pull a unique look together or they like the flash, shine and glitter the gemstore provides and think in game armor is too dull without it.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have some great looks that have nothing to do with the cash shop. No idea why people think they need to buy cash shop stuff to look good.

• kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    1. almost all of my mostly played toons are using skins acquired in game.

2. Unlike WoW, which charges for each expansion AND a monthly sub fee, GW2 has no monthly sub fee. Anet needs a source of income to pay the bills, I'm fine with that.

This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

@omarxz.5837 said:

This Tirade of tired rhetoric is brought to you by ZeniMax Online Studios.
    Save your money for our newest expansion to Elder Scrolls Online:The Brigade of Forums.
    Available now.

"We recognize that some players are not able to complete all content." Gaile Gray 01.10.19

• If OP is new, then only $30 was paid for 7+ years worth of content. Since mostly only Outfits are available as 'armor' in the Gem Store, I can't imagine what the issue can be.

Out of around 15 characters, the only ones that use Outfits (for me) are a Key-runner and a Champ-bag opener. And that's only because I don't spend Transmutation Charges on sub-80 armor/weapons (even though I have 100s...lol).

I did buy an Outfit when the game first released; the Mad King one for Halloween. I think that's it, other than Glider Skins and Mount Skins. Unfortunately for ArenaNet, I've only purchased Gems twice, I believe, in these 7+ years (not counting Ultimate Editions for Expansions).

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

Every section of the game has it's own unique armors and weapons to collect, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw, story zones, etc.
    You're not paying a monthly sub, you can't expect everything to be released into the game for free.
    The cash shop is the replacement of a monthly sub and since this game is built on cosmetics, that's where most of the skin products will be, armor, weapon, outfits, gliders, mounts, gathering tools, etc.
    Even then you can still buy gems using gold, and even get them through achievements levels.

The only thing I would complain about is them stating a feature for an expansion and then taking 4 years after release to finally be done with it, aka legendary weapons 2.0 from HoT.

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• Unfortunately the game cannot sustain on just the expansions which are a one time buy and currently even offer buy 1 get the other free.

It is a big problem for alot of people but this is just the way the game is.
    Skins sell and flashy skins sell even better hence the gemstore.

But I must say there are a lot of armors and weapons you can get in game which are quite cool - requiem armor to make an example is an awesome pve earned armor set which looks very 'flashy'

• @DoRi Silvia.4159 said:
    Unfortunately the game cannot sustain on just the expansions which are a one time buy and currently even offer buy 1 get the other free.

But I must say there are a lot of armors and weapons you can get in game which are quite cool - requiem armor to make an example is an awesome pve earned armor set which looks very 'flashy'

Yes, love the Requiem set, especially for my asura. My Sylvari mirage wears the set from Dragonfall. Charr warrior wears the revenant set (the one Rytlock wears in HoT), my Sylvari elementalist wears the Twilight Arbor set, and my Norn reaper wears the Arah dungeon set. The only skin I've bought from the gem store was the Shimmerwing skyscale and the spooky mount set. And I converted gold to gems for those.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    "Anet spends too much time on gemshop because they added a couple of skins last patch!"

Game contains 2000+ skins, many of which are from vanilla.

Just a minor addendum, according to gw2efficiency, the game has a total of 5,942 divided into:

• 2,095 armor skins at the moment. 399 of those are from the gem store
    • 3,538 weapon skins at the moment. 45 are from the gem store (edit: a notice here, the black lion skins are not counted as gem store weapons. These are only direct gem store purchase skins)
    • 260 back item skins. 55 are from the gems store
    • 49 gathering skins, all of which are from the gem store

Easily checked in the gw2efficiency ACCOUNT/WARDROBE section.

The game also contains 93 outfits, most of which are gem store related, but some (around 15 - 20) are from other sources (anniversary gifts, old town clothes conversions, etc.)

Since OP said outfits, I was talking about the armor, forgot about counting weapons :p

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Roxanne.6140Roxanne.6140 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:
    Unfortunately the game cannot sustain on just the expansions which are a one time buy and currently even offer buy 1 get the other free.

delete

• @Roxanne.6140 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

hey, check out my non-flashy non-shiny gemstore weapon! https://imgur.com/a/0Qp7um3

I don’t think people will be checking out the weapon in that picture. lol.

edited January 14, 2020

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

hey, check out my non-flashy non-shiny gemstore weapon! https://imgur.com/a/0Qp7um3

Really? Then what will they be checking out?

The weapon makes a melodious tune when being drawn and stowed by the way. just so you know

• @Roxanne.6140 said:

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:

Really? Then what will they be checking out?

The weapon makes a melodious tune when being drawn and stowed by the way. just so you know

They’ll be checking out the very flashy skin tight outfit and the flashy backpack.

• MashMash.1645MashMash.1645 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

@Batel.9206 said:

From a more pragmatic standpoint, people buying gems is a major part of ArenaNet's income for this game. No gem store, and the game would likely be subscription based or you'd have to pay for every new living world episode.

People don't want to hear that though - i.e the truth.

Personally, I always thought it was a big mistake giving away living season episodes for $0. If you make something, charge for it (and do discounts for early buy / packs, etc of course). Giving it away for free always gave the impression of cheapness and they (Anet) don't really value it all that much. Plus, you know, it would bring in income and some of the cash shop trash (yes, some of it is that) could be culled.

I've always wondered what it would be like to go to the mists. It'll be an adventure... - Magister Sieran

edited January 14, 2020

@Just a
    >

-edekte

• MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

@omarxz.5837 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

"Visual progression"? What's that? You play a game, you know. It's kind of activity that is all about gameplay. That's what you pay for when you buy an expansion. Nothing in it promises you a "visual progression". So, I still don't see an issue here. Do you wish them to sell you a full wardrobe of Hilton hotel network's CEO for a price of booking for a night? Keep wishing.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

Not going to bring up the outfits over armor issue or the slow rate of certain content releases here, let's just talk about the shop itself.
    Come on, the game is Buy2Play rather than subscription-based after all. One could even argue that we are far closer to Free2Play these days. Expansions are rare and rather sparse. The last one got released more than two years ago while they keep adding and always have been adding content for free.
    Don't see how they would support themselves without a cash shop. Not to mention the fact that they still refrain from going into the P2W territory for such a long time which is rather uncommon these days.
    I take this over a subscription MMORPG or any completely F2P game with a P2W cash shop any day.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Roxanne.6140 said:

Did you not see the two-handed (and two-legged) weapon in the center of the picture that is holding the harp? B)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

• MoriMoriMori.5349MoriMoriMori.5349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

game expansions that give you so horrible armor

I have to think that anyone who says in game armor is horrible either hasn’t tried mixing and matching to pull a unique look together or they like the flash, shine and glitter the gemstore provides and think in game armor is too dull without it.

That's it. People don't want to invest time and effort into building a nice, unique look. Well, there is always solution - swipe it off with your credit card, and just get a lazy-man's pack of nIcE lOOks (I also find all this glittering and shining premium armors obnoxious). Don't see an issue here, Anet is very benevolent in how they handle the cash shop. I've been playing for an year, and only bought 2 or 3 such vanity items there (a glider's and a mount's skins). Still, I like how my character looks very much - with only cheap, free, low-level armor skins. I've spent a fortune (ingame money) on dyes to color it properly, but that's another story..

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't worry about fashion wars until you get into end game (max level with a solid set of exotic equipment). There is plenty of non gem armor to collect especially when you get into both expansions and the living world season.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

Let me explain:
    You buy a game to play a game.
    You buy pretty clothes to look pretty.
    If a game says you have to buy pretty clothes to play a game, you aren't playing a game.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I honestly don’t get why so many people complain about anets cash shop. It’s how this works, this game is a BUSINESS. And it’s better than mandatory monthly subscriptions isn’t it? They game has to stay up and profiting somehow, or would you rather it just die? Obviously it needs to be here, and weekly updates is a completely normal pace

I'd rather keep going.. wherever the wind takes us

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

I keep telling you all to do a go fund me to help pay for new free skins for all to be made. Would pay for the staff needed to make the skins. That way it's not financed through the Gem Store and can be free for everybody to use once done. What you say about that?

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

To each their own. I find the best looking options to be found/earned in game. The gem store stuff is very second tier to me.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Then why are you playing if it annoys you so?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

When I opened the cash-shop for the first time, I couldn´t have cared less about outfits or skins. Most of them are not that good for creating a cohesive look for your character.
    Rather, I was bothered by bagslot-extensions, bank-tab extensions and purchasable storage for materials.
    These essential things where locked behind a paywall and I never got over it. I´m really curious why I see rarely complaints about that.

"I´m not big on sermons nor words, Broken bones teach better lessons and speak for themselves."

• Hashberry.4510Hashberry.4510 Member ✭✭✭✭

Young man yells at clouds once again.

• @Arzurag.7506 said:
    When I opened the cash-shop for the first time, I couldn´t have cared less about outfits or skins. Most of them are not that good for creating a cohesive look for your character.
    Rather, I was bothered by bagslot-extensions, bank-tab extensions and purchasable storage for materials.
    These essential things where locked behind a paywall and I never got over it. I´m really curious why I see rarely complaints about that.

There are the occasional complaints, however most people probably realise they are not in the least bit "essential"

All my characters have like 92 (or close enough) slots which is just utilizing the 18slots bags, and I have no need to even upgrade the bag sizes, much less get more bag slots.

It's just a tiny bit of bag management.

Also those are on sale reasonable frequently or in bundles.

This parts not directed at you: People really need to get over the gen store in this game. The ONLY things that could be argued to be needed, would be LS episodes (if you didnt get them for free when playing), but even still gold-gems exists. There is no sub fee, there is (now) only a one time PoF price purchase and a cash shop filled with subjectively unimportant items.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arzurag.7506 said:

I don't know about anyone else but I don't complain about them for the simple reason that I don't need to spend real money on them. I've only ever bought 1 bag slot (discounted) and don't think I really needed that, especially now we have bigger bags available. I've never bought a storage expander at all and I get 1 bank tab a year when they're discounted, so I could easily buy that with gold.

Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings"

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

@omarxz.5837 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

To be honest most people dont use a ton of things from the gem shop to make their characters look good. Depending on your race and if you have x packs or not base game armor skins can look really really good and if you want some glow you can always work your way up to owning legendaries. There are also some craftable exotics you cant get with common drops which are also nice.

Most players use like between 1 and 3 gem store items for fashion at most
    Things like
    Style kit (to get exotic hair styles and or eye colors / faces)
    A weapon skin or two. (Which can be bought on the tp from other players for gold) just keep any eye on the ones you want as prices tend to jump up and down on different weapon skins.

Most players dont use outfits unless its just like a base brand new character or the just personally really like that outfit. Because most outfits cant be combined with base armors in the game any more you have to chose between using only the outfit or using mostly just base game armor skins.

There is a gw2 website for fashion where you can see all kinds of fashion for different races and ideas people come up with and it list the exact items and dyes they use. Some times base game armor is more impressive than you think. It might look like kitten till you see someone make really good use of it. Then your mind explodes and you spend 7-8 hours of game time trying to make your own thing around one armor..... dont judge me!!!! lol

Blade and soul (being something ive played a good bit in the past) has some nice looking armor but there were very few armors i liked personally and the combat was heavily polished while the rest of the game was not. I think gw2 meets a nice overall ground of polish.

https://gw2style.com/search.php

This might help your fashion cravings a bit you can even search by armor weight or race etc. You might get some inspiration without things leaning too heavy into the gem store. Hope you can find something that works for you.