Hammer DH — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Hammer DH

Ghetx.1752Ghetx.1752 Member ✭✭✭

Does anyone have solid/viable Hammer DH build?
I love playing DH and i love hammer,but hammer abilities on guardian really don't look that good because its slow AF compared to Reve and Scrapper

Comments

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hammer is outclassed by every other weapon set for guard, you can make something viable if you're good enough but there will always be better options

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

It does not work in sPvP. It does not work in PvE. The best you can do is use it in open world PvE and think of how cool it is to beat those helpless mobs.

• Maybe a hammer Trapper could work

Porting, trapping ans this hammer ring

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

hammer fb work better because of quickness

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭

@Avatar.3568 said:
    Maybe a hammer Trapper could work

Porting, trapping ans this hammer ring

Tried it, it's worse than GS.

GS can do the same thing too with GS5, the only difference is that after that burst combo, even if yu whiff it, yu can chase with GS skills and the Symbol does good Area zoning, something the Hammer cannot do.

And since GS trait is extremely powerful, it is worth taking over Hammer trait which yu have to trade 3 Condi cleanse for which sucks big time in the Condi Meta.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Dahkeus.8243Dahkeus.8243 Member ✭✭✭✭

Kind of a shame, really. Hammer is a really fun weapon for Guardian and nailing a good knockback with the big swing or catching an enemy in the ring feels awesome...

But yea, it's slow speed hasn't allowed it to keep up with a lot of the high speed power creep and without the good shadow-step mechanics from a meditation guard, you're just not going to land any of those good abilities against a decent player.

If the overall power of the game gets toned down in a decent way maybe it will come back. Maybe.

• Tharan.9085Tharan.9085 Member ✭✭✭

@Dahkeus.8243 said:
    Kind of a shame, really. Hammer is a really fun weapon for Guardian and nailing a good knockback with the big swing or catching an enemy in the ring feels awesome...

But yea, it's slow speed hasn't allowed it to keep up with a lot of the high speed power creep and without the good shadow-step mechanics from a meditation guard, you're just not going to land any of those good abilities against a decent player.

If the overall power of the game gets toned down in a decent way maybe it will come back. Maybe.

Why should a hammer DH not run JI tho?

• Ghetx.1752Ghetx.1752 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you all for your replies.

It makes me sad really,knowing certain weapons cant be used in spvp.

Oh, Hammer is definetly usable, just not on DH

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

If you were running hammer on a DH, JI would be a wise choice. The only less than wise choice is tied to running hammer on a DH in the first place since there are more effective weapons.

I only mentioned medi guard since that was generally the best option for running hammer before it was nerfed.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

You can use it in sPvP, but there are just better options. But who knows, maybe after the major balance patch that's coming after this season ends, it'll be back in the meta. It's been a good PvP weapon before and with the right changes, it could be a good weapon once again.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

If you were running hammer on a DH, JI would be a wise choice. The only less than wise choice is tied to running hammer on a DH in the first place since there are more effective weapons.

I only mentioned medi guard since that was generally the best option for running hammer before it was nerfed.

@Ghetx.1752 said:

You can use it in sPvP, but there are just better options. But who knows, maybe after the major balance patch that's coming after this season ends, it'll be back in the meta. It's been a good PvP weapon before and with the right changes, it could be a good weapon once again.

There is a reason the most viable DH build is called meditrapper, ofc you Run JI

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Ghetx.1752 said:

There is a reason the most viable DH build is called meditrapper, ofc you Run JI

Yup. No one disputes that.