Loading times after patch — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Loading times after patch

Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 14, 2020 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

My loading times increased by roughly 150% with this patch. Nvidia asus 1060 gaming card. Up-to-date drivers, windows7, windowed fullscreen, medium graphics settings. Nothing changed except the game was patched. Doesnt matter which zone. The maploadinfo shows that models are slower being loaded then Im used to, so Im guessing its related to that.

Comments

• Nep Leet.5491Nep Leet.5491 Member ✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020

Aye! Experiencing horrendous loading times now with my GTX 1080. What used to be 8-15 seconds loading times are now 45-60 seconds.

Folks are also reporting this issue in this patch bug thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eoovdn/patch_bug_thread_14_january_2020/

• Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020
    1. Logging into the game in Divinities -> 92sec loading screen
    2. Porting to Aerodrome -> 67sec loading screen
    3. Loading into raid instance -> 52sec loading screen
    4. Porting to endboss -> <10sec loading screen

Before patch that whole "port journey" would take me less than 60 seconds, considering DR is full atm due to festival, thats an increase of > 200%. The more models that have to be loaded, the worse the loading screen.

• Three to five times longer load times since last patch.

• Nero.3654Nero.3654 Member ✭✭

I got gtx 970 and in Dr around tree times longer and Mistlock two.

• Yeah, using a GTX 1080 too, I just looked at a loading screen to some unpopulated map for 90 seconds, which used to take about 10 to 15? I don't even know, it was so fast I never had a reason to check but now I'm sitting there watching the models counter go up extremely slowly while the map load info says assets are 100% loaded for most of the time. This is pretty awful.

• On PC here, I get stuck on any loading screen after logging in. I try to hit up ETB, and nothing happens, just an eternal loading screen. Had no problems yesterday, so something in latest patch has broken something.

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

GTX 1050 here and saw no change with today's patch. Tho I did find the loading times a lot longer since we got Icebrood Saga. It's like a minute loading screen. No matter what map or how full/empty.

• my load times went up by almost double on most maps

• GTX 1660 TI, takes me almost 40 seconds to swap maps in WvW now. It was 15-20 seconds pre-patch.
    I use dx912pxy if it makes any difference.

• My loading times doubled since the update, even with lowest character model limit and quaility my loads are 40 seconds or more.
    I'm using a GTX 1060, Well, at least I'm not the only one suffering from it, that increases the chance that someone will do something about it.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aaaaaah you know what?

I kept loading into 99CM fractal tonight after downloading Lunar patch, and then I'd ultra lag and DC during the first boss MAMA, each and every time it would spawn one of the clock work watch knight phases, when a new model would appear during combat.

This may explain why.

• borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

I am using an NVIDIA card and my loading times did increase as well, contrary to what the patch notes said.

What gives? Is it opposite day?

Exploit people's good will and optimism.

• I have deleted my local.dat file and it resolved the issue, now I can even say that its now slightly faster than it was before the patch, where my loading times were 15 to 20 seconds, now are 10 to 15 seconds. If you want to try it, search google how to find your appdata folder (windows), then find the GW2 folder inside the \roaming folder.

• Nep Leet.5491Nep Leet.5491 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

@Umbramagna.9268 said:
    I have deleted my local.dat file and it resolved the issue, now I can even say that its now slightly faster than it was before the patch, where my loading times were 15 to 20 seconds, now are 10 to 15 seconds. If you want to try it, search google how to find your appdata folder (windows), then find the GW2 folder inside the \roaming folder.

Dag nabbit! I had completely spaced on deleting the local.dat file as a possible fix--especially as I know it works wonders for other wonky performance issues.

I deleted the local.cat file just now and loading times are slightly better than before the patch. So this is a GOOD THING!

Thank you for your post, it helped resolve this post patch issue! <3

UPDATE: AT FIRST this seems to resolve the issue, but the more I play, the longer the load times become. Ugg! :angry:

ANOTHER UPDATE: Following fusioncon.3269's advice to remove the "mapLoadInfo" command line argument has resolve the issue for me: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1136690/#Comment_1136690 😃

• Torqiseknite.1380Torqiseknite.1380 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

@Umbramagna.9268 said:
    I have deleted my local.dat file and it resolved the issue, now I can even say that its now slightly faster than it was before the patch, where my loading times were 15 to 20 seconds, now are 10 to 15 seconds. If you want to try it, search google how to find your appdata folder (windows), then find the GW2 folder inside the \roaming folder.

This worked for me also, DR loading time went from 30 sec back down to 10. Cheers

edit: Doesn't seem to be a stable fix, loading times are high again after restarting the game.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

@Yasi.9065 said:
    My loading times increased by roughly 150% with this patch.

Mine, too. I was really irritated by that last night. At first, I thought it was a temporary local issue, but it's not. The loading times persist to be extremely slow.

@Umbramagna.9268 said:
    I have deleted my local.dat file and it resolved the issue

Thanks, will do the same.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭

observing the map loading info, STATE_MODEL_STREAM is the one taking forever

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • @Umbramagna.9268 said:

deleting local.dat did not improve the situation in my case. the very first load-in, with the graphics setting at default due to the local.dat being recreated, was better, but after putting all the graphics settings back to where they were, it's back to being horrible again.

and just to quantify "horrible" for my case:

• prior to this patch most zones/instances loaded in less than 10 seconds, some as quickly as 5 seconds (like Guild Hall). Only Mistlock Sanctuary, or DR during a festival, took longer, but still usually loaded under 20 seconds.
    • after the patch most zones take up to 30 seconds to load, guild hall takes over 20 seconds, DR (festival) and Mistlock take up to 60 seconds
  • Can confirm. Load times are now "atrocious", down from "bad but tolerable".

• Jarl Grey.8135Jarl Grey.8135 Member ✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

Deleting local.dat didn't work for me. Loading times of cities, aerodrome, mistlock, guild halls still 55-76s. Even after map has loaded, my character, npcs and environment sometimes need another 10-15s to load models. Lost Precipice i.e. took 9-15s to load pre patch. Horrible.

• hash.8462hash.8462 Member ✭✭✭

@fusioncon.3269 said:
    it looks like the -mapLoadInfo argument is the actual problem

Removing it fixed the problem
    TY

• Yasi.9065Yasi.9065 Member ✭✭✭

For me, the more Im porting, the worse the loading screens become. Uninstalling and re-installing the graphics card drivers only helped for the first few loading screens, now its back to loooooong loading screens. Restarting the computer doesnt help.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2020

Deleting the local.dat was the perfect solution! From 90 secs loading time down to 13 secs.

However, certain options are suddenly gone from my Settings: playtime reminder and the mount movement options. How do I fix this?

Edit: Ah, those options re-appear when you enter a map. All good then.

• my malchor load times were 12 seconds before the patch, 25 seconds after the patch
    deleted local.dat and load time was 8 seconds
    after I visited several maps, malchor load time is 20 seconds

• but I love -mapLoadinfo
    that did seem to fix the slow loading

• Sindariel.2354Sindariel.2354 Member ✭✭✭

Removing the maploadinfo also fixed it for me. Funny.

• Seems maploadinfo now triggers more than just showing whats it doing.
    Removing fixes it also for me. Seems even a little faster than before ...

• How to remove -maploadinfo?

Sorry, not very smart with these things.

• Memoranda.9386Memoranda.9386 Member ✭✭✭

Can confirm that -mapLoadinfo also corrected the long load times for me.

Most maps were loading above 25 seconds, perhaps more. Now around 10 or less, depending. 13 seconds in the middle of the festival.

• @TheBoo.3029 said:
    How to remove -maploadinfo?

Here are instructions, but if you didn't add the Command Line Argument in the first place, you won't need to remove it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@TheBoo.3029 said:
    How to remove -maploadinfo?

Here are instructions, but if you didn't add the Command Line Argument in the first place, you won't need to remove it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Thanks, whelp, I guess since I never added it, I'm stuck unable to play the game since my load times are infinite. Thanks anyway! :)

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yep got an RTX2080 and loading times are horrendous now. 2-3x longer easily, sometimes more.

I do have the maploadinfo though and noticed that it stutters like crazy now during load (notice it on the mouse pointer). So yeah sounds related. Will try disabling that next time I'm on.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Not using -maploadinfo did it for me as well. Back to normal load times now.

• Removing maploadinfo fixed it for me as well. Went from 38 seconds to load DR, to 14 seconds.

• Removing maploadinfo made the times not horrendous, but they're still longer than I had before. I'll keep it gone til they fix this.

• Deleting the local.dat file decreased load times to maps like Divinity's Reach from 65 to 13-15 seconds.
    But load times to Mistlock Sactuary still took between 40 and 50+ seconds. Removing -maploadinfo fixed that.

• Same here on Linux. Loading times went back down after removing -maploadinfo. Strangely enough the GPU is also of GTX 1080 type.
    HW config:

System: Kernel: 4.20.3-042003-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.0.9
    Distro: Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
    Machine: Type: Desktop Mobo: ASUSTeK model: PRIME X399-A v: Rev 1.xx serial: UEFI: American Megatrends
    v: 0807 date: 08/03/2018
    CPU: Topology: 12-Core model: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 6144 KiB
    Speed: 2304 MHz min/max: 2200/3425 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 2304 2: 2304 3: 2304 4: 2304 5: 2304 6: 2304 7: 2304
    8: 2298 9: 2343 10: 2296 11: 2304 12: 2304 13: 2304 14: 2299 15: 2304 16: 2304 17: 2304 18: 2244 19: 2359 20: 2294
    21: 2304 22: 2304 23: 2299 24: 2304
    Graphics: Device-1: NVIDIA GP104GL [Quadro P5000] driver: nvidia v: 415.27
    Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: nvidia unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,nouveau,vesa
    resolution: 2560x1440~60Hz
    OpenGL: renderer: Quadro P5000/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 415.27
    Drives: Local Storage: total: 5.91 TiB used: 2.19 TiB (37.0%)
    ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 size: 1.82 TiB
    ID-2: /dev/sdb type: USB model: 0000 size: 1.82 TiB
    ID-3: /dev/sdc vendor: Crucial model: CT500MX500SSD1 size: 465.76 GiB
    ID-4: /dev/sdd vendor: Western Digital model: WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 size: 1.82 TiB