It has to be cheese, no skill, monkey boarding.

Crab Fear.1624

Here we are trying to convince ourselves we are better then everyone we face.

Because, as we all know, the match maker never places us against anyone any level higher than us.

Ever.

Period.

So, this guy, playing this build.

He is like only pressing one button, such cheese.

Carried by his class.

It can even 1 v x.

Any other version of this class, I can clap clap no problem.

So, obviously the problem is the build, and it is OP.

I am so damn good, I have been playing this game for like 6 months.

Look, I know they might have 3000 hours on this class, and 10k games in PvP, but it really doesn't matter.

Because 6 months is more than enough time to compensate for 7 years of practice.

Who cares if they have played every single class and every single build at least to learn and understand how they might reacte to those builds?

Who cares if I my actions are typical and predictable?

Why should I have standard models on?

What are animations?

Rotate means nothing, 1 v 1 means everything.

I'm support.

Besides, this shit is the plague.

Everyone is doing it, and they are all top tier.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Here we are trying to convince ourselves we are better then everyone we face.

Because, as we all know, the match maker never places us against anyone any level higher than us.

Ever.

Period.

So, this guy, playing this build.

He is like only pressing one button, such cheese.

Carried by his class.

It can even 1 v x.

Any other version of this class, I can clap clap no problem.

So, obviously the problem is the build, and it is OP.

I am so kitten good, I have been playing this game for like 6 months.

Look, I know they might have 3000 hours on this class, and 10k games in PvP, but it really doesn't matter.

Because 6 months is more than enough time to compensate for 7 years of practice.

Who cares if they have played every single class and every single build at least to learn and understand how they might reacte to those builds?

Who cares if I my actions are typical and predictable?

Why should I have standard models on?

What are animations?

Rotate means nothing, 1 v 1 means everything.

I'm support.

Besides, this kitten is the plague.

Everyone is doing it, and they are all top tier.

This is so beautiful, it's like poetry.

Thank you <3

@Tycura.1982 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:what the hell is monkey boarding?

Well depending on your interpretation it can mean a number of things.
  1. Monkeys entering a vehicle like a ship/airplane.
  2. A home or habitat for monkeys to lodge.
  3. A type of paneling made of monkey.
  4. The action of boarding upon a monkey like that of a surfboard.
  5. An insidious primate based torture.

My immediate thought was an ape riding a skateboard.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:
"In order to fight the cheese, ... you must become the cheese"

This is a pretty accurate depiction of the games current state lol

Indeed lol. J was told that by a Thief Profession player after she gave up on me after +1 shotting me 8 times. She told me that she felt bad for me for not giving up. Than she gave me her twitch channel to learn to be the cheeze, we laughed.

She than told me to not only blame Thief but to blame Anet for for making them this way.

We agreed together and hanged out for a bit. Her server allies did not even aggressed me not knowing that she was a popular commander on their server.

As we left, she whispered to me to not take it personally but to enjoy the broken game as it is and that is not Thief fault for being broken

3NWbtcZ.jpgSympathy For Thief Profession

OP sums up my general impression as a newcomer onto the PvP forums.

I come from the fighting game community, where there's an decade old mentality of "lol just adapt". If you died to an overpowered character, "lol should've learned the matchup". It's a mindset of constant learning and improving. Salt is still very much a way of life, but at the end of the day, those players are still encouraged to improve rather than blaming the game for their loss.

Here though, all I hear is "nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf" "this is Op, this takes no skill, it's spammy no brain gameplay, ect." I'm not saying these statements don't hold a grain of truth, but I see almost nothing in the way of information to help inexperienced players actually learn to deal with those classes. It's no wonder everyone just complains. When you fight something that you do not know the counterplay to, it feels unfair. When you learn how to beat it, the matchup can go from feeling unwinnable to feeling much more managable.

I myself thought mirage was the unbeatable king of 1v1. I had to search through pages of salty threads and meme comments just to learn that the counterplay to mirage is to watch your condi bar, LoS, abuse poor staff auto tracking, and burst them if they start spamming mirage cloak for dps.