Trailer for Episode 2 released — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion
<1

Comments

• particlepinata.9865particlepinata.9865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

Am i the only one getting spanish language episode info when reading the information page? First the bombartment of e-mails in all kind of languages yesterday, what is happening? :p The link does say en, so it should be english. This is the link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-28-2020/

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

I had a feeling those would be portals.

Also looks like with the T3 set, you’ll probably need to have unlocked the skin for the T2 if they follow the sane format as existing sets. Looks like all of my eitrite ingots will have value again.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

looking forward to seeing how drakkar fairs. If the trailer is hinting at braham becoming more of what ppl feel lacks from gw2 norm then thats a plus on my book and the weapon set looks nice.

• Calvsie.3675Calvsie.3675 Member ✭✭✭

ohhhh did I see one of those wonderful Kodan Iceberg cities?!?!?!

“You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, Anansi Boys

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

I like parts of the raven armor set, hoping Drakkar is comparable to TT.

Is that a solo strike mission? Last trailer showed more people in the latest SMs.

Edit: Just noticed, there seems to be another boneskinner, hope he's more exciting than the last one in the open world.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• @particlepinata.9865 said:
    Am i the only one getting spanish language episode info when reading the information page? First the bombartment of e-mails in all kind of languages yesterday, what is happening? :p The link does say en, so it should be english. This is the link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-28-2020/

You can read it in English by using the EN-GB option.
    (Already notified ArenaNet about the snafu.)

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hyped! Can't wait to play it. And also love that the map will get in fact bigger. I hope it's at least double its original size and now some small added zones.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@particlepinata.9865 said:

You can read it in English by using the EN-GB option.
    (Already notified ArenaNet about the snafu.)

Yeah i already noticed your post after posting this ;) Thx

@zealex.9410 said:
    looking forward to seeing how drakkar fairs. If the trailer is hinting at braham becoming more of what ppl feel lacks from gw2 norm then thats a plus on my book and the weapon set looks nice.

Also, Thats not drakkar, drakkar looks nothing like that. It a cool looking boss ill give you that but thats not drakkar.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

My expectations are extremely low after last episode..

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

Some more of the same map, okay, I guess. Some 'okay' weapon and armor skins, nothing grand, but okay. Tacking on to the absolutely arbitrary, pointless, low-effort masteries. A some-what interesting looking world boss. Another strike mission. Idk, there just isn't anything in that to get excited about? Watching that trailer it feels like a scrap of content rolled off the cookie cutter content-machine. There is nothing to really get me psyched. Nothing to want to get me talking amongst my friends and speculating about the awesome new content. It's looks just "okay, I guess".

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• Ultramex.1506Ultramex.1506 Member ✭✭✭

Well! Look like Female Charr will actually get Female version of Raven armor
    And World Boss? Never thought i would heard those 2 words again

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

Very nice trailer. I like the environments kudos for Kodan Iceberg, and that forest-cave. That music through felt like I was watching an anime opening.
    I kinda like the fight against yourself as the strike mission. Ah and nice icy Pterodactyl. The map seems big too.
    Something amazing: Raven's armor doesn't cut Asura ears!!! :o

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭✭

T3 upgrade of the weapons I salvaged or mystic forged. Why do I know I'll need the actual weapon to t3 it now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Looks fun. The complain threads already out in full force tho. Nothing new there

• HardRider.2980HardRider.2980 Member ✭✭✭

I really hope we don't need the physical weapons to ascend futher as I forged them once I got the achivement.

A City of Heroes never die... A City of Villains will never surrender... Neither City will be forgotten.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

They are always making compelling trailers, I'll give them that. Let's hope I'll muster the motivation till then to do the New Year's annuals.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

This one looks to be a lot of fun. I enjoyed the last episode even though it was shorter than I hoped. I'm really hyped about Drakkar. That is a cool looking world boss. Also, the boreal mace is my favorite weapon since it released and is now getting an upgrade. That was an unexpected pleasant surprise. The new mastery system wasn't notable to me except that I could use the special action skill while mounted. I'm curious as to what the next tiers for that will be.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

That creepy forest v2.0 looks nice too! And different from the aberrant forest. I hope it's bigger. It will feel more free to travel through the whole map.

• Tanith.5264Tanith.5264 Member ✭✭✭

@Calvsie.3675 said:
    ohhhh did I see one of those wonderful Kodan Iceberg cities?!?!?!

Yes. Wolf (I think it's Wolf speaking in the trailer) grumbles that "the Kodan ignore us" and made a reference to the "lost spirits". It will be interesting to see where that goes.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

kitten i never had time to catch up the content, i was investing in LS4 stuff / achievments so i dont storage LS5 currencies.

i like that finally we can have a "theme" gear : expanded weapons and the raven set.

Also this format of "expand" stuff is good too, perhaps we can finally have some sense of "deepeness".

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wonderful looking map! I was worried shiverpeaks and far shiverpeaks would be too similar, especially with this not necessarily having a full expansion budget for assets. But man, this looks great! Several areas feel all new and different, love those new trees that are making that dense forest in one of the screenshots on the release page.

And as someone who knows all about GW1 lore but hasn’t actually played EOTN, I can’t comment on drakkar’s size but I think he looks great! Yeah he’s different, but these things happen with centuries-old-magic-sucking monsters

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    T3 upgrade of the weapons I salvaged or mystic forged. Why do I know I'll need the actual weapon to t3 it now. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This was my primary concern watching the trailer as well. Ofc anet is doubtless aware of how many players no longer have the weapons from the last ep and designed the new ep accordingly, but we shall see . . .

I'm also curious as to how the 'expanded' map will work for ppl who do not log in frequently enough to unlock every episode. If you have ep 2 but not ep 1, what is your bjora marches going to look like . . ?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

Here is what is said by wolf in the trailer: "You are all wondering why I've called for you. The Kodans Ignores our voices. They cannot speak to Ox, Eagle or Wolverine, but Braham can. (Braham: Why me?) You are a Norn of Prophecy, but you are not yet true Norn. Take the lost spirits power, use it against Drakkar. Only then you will find the place where my spirit live in your own. "

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

edited January 16, 2020

Am I watching the same trailer as other people? This just looks really bland to me. It's like I'm watching people get excited over saltine crackers. I'm not saying anything to the actual content, but the trailer leaves me feeling like "It looks 'okay' I guess..."

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

@Zexanima.7851 said:
    Am I watching the same trailer as other people? This just looks really bland to me. It's like I'm watching people get excited over saltine crackers. I'm not saying anything to the actual content, but the trailer leaves me feeling like "It looks 'okay' I guess..."

This is how i see it. not any actual content. No new fractal, no new raid, no new meta map like dragonstand. Instead we got 1 new strike which most likely is a cakewalk as so many complained about boneskinner and 1 new world boss which most likely is like every other world boss aka stack here and press 1 few minutes.
    Even the mastery looked lame, its a kitten portal to get from place X to place Y. It wont serve any actual purpose exept that its most likely tries to time gate a story a bit.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭

HAHA, that was hilarious.

"You are not true norn..." (mobile style bad writing + barfing dragon)

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

So true norn have part of another entitys' spirit inside them- shout out to schizophrenics? Bad taste i know, but there isn't much to compare it to apart from demonic possession...

The raven armour set looks very bland, but the weapons are good. Looks like i'll do that boreal weap achieve after all...

• Mortifera.6138Mortifera.6138 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

@Funky.4861 said:
    So true norn have part of another entitys' spirit inside them- shout out to schizophrenics? Bad taste i know, but there isn't much to compare it to apart from demonic possession...

The raven armour set looks very bland, but the weapons are good. Looks like i'll do that boreal weap achieve after all...

Schizophrenia is extreme paranoia. What you're thinking of is multiple personality disorder.

• Esterie.7409Esterie.7409 Member ✭✭✭

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    T3 upgrade of the weapons I salvaged or mystic forged. Why do I know I'll need the actual weapon to t3 it now. Hopefully I'm wrong. Looks fun. The complain threads already out in full force tho. Nothing new there

This is how I'm hoping it will work:

Once you have the second tier weapon skin unlocked - even if you salvaged the weapon - the final upgraded version will be available for purchase at the vendor for map currency etc.. So you still need to acquire the restored boreal weapons, but the second tier weapon won't actually be needed for crafting. Kind of like the blossoming mist shard armor from episode 6 last season.

Guess we'll find out in 12 days, but I'm still going to crossing my fingers.

As for the rest of the trailer, I think it looks good. I tend to not have high expectations about game releases, but I'm looking forward to playing this episode and seeing Bjora Marches expand.

- — World Completion — -

17 // 41

edited January 16, 2020

@Esterie.7409 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

This is how I'm hoping it will work:

Once you have the second tier weapon skin unlocked - even if you salvaged the weapon - the final upgraded version will be available for purchase at the vendor for map currency etc.. So you still need to acquire the restored boreal weapons, but the second tier weapon won't actually be needed for crafting. Kind of like the blossoming mist shard armor from episode 6 last season.

Guess we'll find out in 12 days, but I'm still going to crossing my fingers.

As for the rest of the trailer, I think it looks good. I tend to not have high expectations about game releases, but I'm looking forward to playing this episode and seeing Bjora Marches expand.

I’m hoping that whatever they do, it’ll require players to have the T2 weapon and there will be a collection for the T3 so that I can cash out all of my eitrite ingots.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

Also, Thats not drakkar, drakkar looks nothing like that. It a cool looking boss ill give you that but thats not Drakkar

The boss at the end is Drakkar. Theyve been toying with different models, so a deviation is expected. Plus it says Drakkar in the trailer when it appears, unless you refer to a diff boss I missed?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

edited January 16, 2020

@Cyninja.2954 said:
    Then one day a Braham appeared,
    with powers of Raven, Leopard, Raven and Bear...

This seems oddly familiar:

Bring it. :#

Due to forum restrictions, I am only allowed to give a single thumbs up, but bringing Bravestarr into conversation deserves so much more, so here it is;

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

Like the trailer. Overall i'm personally pretty satisfied with the actual LS. Not a great Braham fan at all but he has gone trough quite some kind of charakter development, so it would be okayish for me if he got a leadspot in the storytelling.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    I think it's just you

Do GW2 players really just accept this as exciting content announcements? I'm not talking to if what's actually in the update is good, haven't played it so I cant speak to it, just the trailer. Compared with other games this just seems like a saltine cracker. Like, I can eat it but I'm not going to be excited about it. Its like the kind of content I would expect from a regular update in other games as apposed to what amounts to a DLC-ish release. Idk man, saltine crackering me here.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    I think it's just you

Do GW2 players really just accept this as exciting content announcements? I'm not talking to if what's actually in the update is good, haven't played it so I cant speak to it, just the trailer. Compared with other games this just seems like a saltine cracker. Like, I can eat it but I'm not going to be excited about it. Its like the kind of content I would expect from a regular update in other games as apposed to what amounts to a DLC-ish release. Idk man, saltine crackering me here.

No we don't accept it as exciting content, we accept it as the content we're getting.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

What's with people and saltine crackers? I love them!

@coso.9173 said:

I like them as well, but I'm never like "AWWWWW BOI, a saltine. HERE WEEE GOOOO"

• Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@coso.9173 said:

I like them as well, but I'm never like "AWWWWW BOI, a saltine. HERE WEEE GOOOO"

This does not tell much about the crackers, but a lot about you. B)

https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    I think it's just you

More content than ESO. There are just some players that have unrealistic expectations for the amount of content and/or hoping for content in areas of the game that they play.

I'm not expecting an xpac drop every other month but I at least want something interesting that feels creative. What happened to neat masteries akin to mushrooms and gliding? Now they just open chests and portals. What happened to maps that were branded scorched deserts and deep overgrown jungles? Now it's just like, some cold woods. Idk, they said expansion level content and it looks like saltine crackers to me.

It's too early to judge. Judge it when it has been played not before

• Dragon Priestess.9760Dragon Priestess.9760 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2020

The new armour set is YES!

PS: I really hope that the Drakkar fight isn't just going to be his head...

Resident Weeb and Woman of Culture

@Randulf.7614 said:

I'm not judging the content of the update on its quality. I'm just saying, from the trailer, I'm not hype. Simple as that. It doesn't look creative to me, it doesn't look "expansion level", it just seems to be more of the usual.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:
    I think it's just you

More content than ESO. There are just some players that have unrealistic expectations for the amount of content and/or hoping for content in areas of the game that they play.

I'm not expecting an xpac drop every other month but I at least want something interesting that feels creative. What happened to neat masteries akin to mushrooms and gliding? Now they just open chests and portals. What happened to maps that were branded scorched deserts and deep overgrown jungles? Now it's just like, some cold woods. Idk, they said expansion level content and it looks like saltine crackers to me.

You just have different personal preferences.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Not that i disagree but the same was said about loadouts and legendary runes/sigils.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

well i love a map where i can just sit and farm forever, if this become a new silverwastes im ok with that.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).