Please do not give Braham the "I WIN" button! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Please do not give Braham the "I WIN" button!

2>

Comments

• Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

No no, give him a “I win” button, then make him a villain, so When I finally press F to stomp him I can RP that it was solely for stealing my thunder, lol.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:
    You don't seem to understand the character very well, or the effects on someone who has lost their biological parents (especially with a complex family history). And generalizing how Norn are supposed to be and react is another problem you have. Do you also generalize about X race or culture in RL? Do you not see people as individuals, or do you assume that every member of X race or culture is supposed to be and think the exact same?

Actually, i have lost alot of loved ones, so im very familiar with the concept of death and everyone acting differently, im glad you can generalize to, it shows that you arent perfect and neither am i. Do i generalize IRL? yes, i do. Stereotypes exist for a reason and in my travels around the world as part of my job i have found quiet a few of those to be true. Some arent, its not a bad thing, it simply is. Are people still individuals? Sure but some things dont really change.

Heres the thing though: Through all of HOT he didnt act at all like he did in LS3 or after, and thats the problem. Had he acted that way in HOT(or even in LS1) it would have made sense, that would have been his character, but it wasnt. He was -angry- in HOT, it was awesome. . Every. Single. Time. After that, every time something bad happened he would whine about it.

Hes a video game character, hes supposed to be able to be identifiable with, you know what hes not? Identifiable with. for me at least due the poor writing he was given post HOT. I -hate- Caithe too but i can identify with her, i hate Tammi but i can identify with her. I cant do that with Braham, the constant character(being a norn, to being a whinny human teenager) alone make it hard.

His character hasnt developed, its regressed and that makes me sad, Him and Rox started out as my favorite characters. Rox went on to stay that way despite her lack of involvement(maybe thats why, she wasnt given enough writing or development to be ruined). Braham due to the writing he was given did the exact opposite, alot of bad writing decisions changed my mind on him.

Ive said my piece on the matter, theres not really any reason to argue further either, my mind isnt going to be changed, and yours isnt either.
    Good luck~

Unfortunately you don’t look beneath the surface for this character, you’re just reacting to the moment to moment writing. I’m sure you hated Thor in Avengers Endgame too, and don’t really understand why the character was written to display a range of emotions and behaviors other than the brave and fearless god of thunder.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think in the end of episode there will be Greek Aristeia, and Braham will die fulfilling his Legend.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Naxos.2503 said:
    The main problem people have with Braham is that -he- got to vent on -us-, -we- didn't get to vent on -him- back. As long as that's the case, a lot of people will feel like they've been cheated out of being able to defend themselves, and set the record straight.

Our main character did -not- do anything wrong to Braham, but they never say so. Braham instead has an epiphany. That does not resolve built up tension.

Should we be negative to a friend who is going through tough times and changes, who also has a lot of unresolved issues? Or are we the emotionally stronger friend and leader who remains a positive force with someone obviously experiencing emotional turmoil?

• @Swagger.1459 said:

@Naxos.2503 said:
    The main problem people have with Braham is that -he- got to vent on -us-, -we- didn't get to vent on -him- back. As long as that's the case, a lot of people will feel like they've been cheated out of being able to defend themselves, and set the record straight.

Our main character did -not- do anything wrong to Braham, but they never say so. Braham instead has an epiphany. That does not resolve built up tension.

Should we be negative to a friend who is going through tough times and changes, who also has a lot of unresolved issues? Or are we the emotionally stronger friend and leader who remains a positive force with someone obviously experiencing emotional turmoil?

We can be supportive, but point out said friend is being a kitten and tell them to knock it off. The people I surround myself with appreciate that.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

I thought the look that he gave at the end of the trailer kind of implies that he knows whatever voice is speaking to him is not to be believed.

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭

I really dislike Braham.
    I dislike his looks, his personality...quite literally everything about him.
    I don't like teenagers in video games and films, they annoy the heck out of me.
    Braham's development has been annoying in every sense and seeing that he'll be center of the story here annoys me too. I just hope it will make him a better character and not an even worse whiner.
    Imo, it kills seriousness in story and takes 'space' to involve some more serious and deeper/meaningful characters. Braham and Taimi are the worst two characters in GW history.
    ...but that's just my opinion.

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually, Drooburt has the "I WIN" button. Problem is he hasn't collected enough junk to activate it yet. Which is the other part of the trick: Drooburt doesn't realize that he is actually in hell, and the "I WIN" button activated by collecting junk is his personal rock to push up the hill. No matter how much he collects, it will never be enough. Foooooo...

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:
    Braham sucks, he should have died years ago. I'm not looking forward for a Braham-centric story... SKIP!

Might want to skip the entire Icebrood Saga then, he'll be central to the entire story.

Oh? You wrote the story then? Thanks for letting us know!

/sarcasm

• XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2020

Whatever his role, I hope he ends up like Trahearne. Sacrificial lamb. I will like him when that happens. The commander in gw2 lore is the greatest assistant out there, and it's no surprise to me that the commander takes the backseat again.

As a side note, more Rox please. Rox is perhaps the cuddliest charr out there, easy to market as a plush, and is voiced well.

Eponymously known as 'Tanya' despite many alts
    Beetle Gymkhana @ Crimson Post Reset TT
    Home Course: Bloodtide Coast, Spiral Track aka Bloodtide Slide

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

Come on, leave the boy alone.
    We know he's a little bit annoying, but he needs his moment to shine... and you never know, he might redeem himself from his childish and arrogant behaviour.

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@YtseJam.9784 said:
    Braham sucks, he should have died years ago. I'm not looking forward for a Braham-centric story... SKIP!

Might want to skip the entire Icebrood Saga then, he'll be central to the entire story.

Oh? You wrote the story then? Thanks for letting us know!

/sarcasm

Perhaps my reply to the original comment was also sarcasm, which should have been easy to figure out just from the written word?

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Naxos.2503 said:

Thiiiis. The Commander is a doormat, so heroic, so gentle.
    What was needed was some dynamic scene where Braham and Commander just knuckle at each other to get it out in the open, get the catharsis going, and take it from there.
    Instead, Braham floats off in a huff, does his own "guild" thing, comes back, pouts, remains equally inept, and . . soft-apologizes and gets passive forgiveness. His anger, while justified, was misdirected and toothless.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2020

Braham had a lot of bad moments. But some of the moments were bad, because the PC's reactions to those moments were bad.

It got better.

I am cautiously optimistic that the trend continues

(also, I want the Unholy Trinity (Ryt, Canach, Kasmeer) back! The story steps in PoF involving these three had the most enjoyable dialogues).

• Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭

I guess a lot of you agree with Jormag:
    'You always have to pick up the pieces when he breaks.'

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭✭

I personally don't enjoy storyline where I'm the super champion of everything and I have killed alone all the big baddies of legends. I prefer if once in a while someone else does something. But each time that happens in gw2 people ten dot hate that character later on.

• Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Yeah, it used to be Scarlet. And now, many fond memories. Funny how that happens.

None of the fond memories i had from LS1 were tied to Scarlet. If anything, i'd prefer not to remember her at all.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    This is going to be yet another season of people not following the writing and understanding what is going on, assuming that it is another unearned series of events. I expect that sort of thing from GW players now.

The thing about prophesy is that anyone could have been the chosen one making it right place at the right time scenario. With how active and involved the characters around us are in world changing events, being the only Norn around he was going to be the chosen one.

Unless, of course, your main happens to be a Norn. Then suddenly you have a problem.

...and even otherwise i'd still wish there was a better Norn to fill that role. Because, like you said, Braham is the best option only if he's the only option.

All that time away from the Shiverpeaks while Braham was doing stuff there pretty much excludes you. Unless players want to be compared to Braham and admit he is surpassing them.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I detest Braham. I closed the trailer for the upcoming episode without watching it through because of the focus on him. Not the end of the world, but I certainly avoid spending money on the game during periods where the story is ruined by character that I dislike.

• Brimstone.3807Brimstone.3807 Member ✭✭✭

This thread needs more KABRAHAM's.

• Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭

@Gryphon.2875 said:
    I guess a lot of you agree with Jormag:
    'You always have to pick up the pieces when he breaks.'

I'm fairly certain the writers are Very aware of Braham's standing for the Community. That's good writing on their part.

• Josiah.2967Josiah.2967 Member ✭✭✭

@Brimstone.3807 said:
    This thread needs more KABRAHAM's.

Would you mind explaining. I think the pun went over my head.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    All that time away from the Shiverpeaks while Braham was doing stuff there pretty much excludes you.

Oh, you mean "all that stuff" where he got into trouble due to his irresponsible behaviour, and we had to save his behind? That stuff? Because i don't really remember anything he actually accomplished offscreen.

Unless players want to be compared to Braham and admit he is surpassing them.

That would be hard, seeing as he is not surpassing anyone. Quite the opposite.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2020

@Blur.3465 said:
    I really dislike Braham.
    Braham's development has been annoying in every sense and seeing that he'll be center of the story here annoys me too. I just hope it will make him a better character and not an even worse whiner.
    Imo, it kills seriousness in story and takes 'space' to involve some more serious and deeper/meaningful characters. Braham and Taimi are the worst two characters in GW history.

Same, i dislike teenagers and childs in games/films. even worst when they give to teenagers some adults like dialogues, this is silly, childs/teenagers with 15yo like dont mind about "save the world".... if u research my posts u will see my case against Taimi.

Also i dislike "babysiting" and petting, and Anet insist throwing us pets(Aurene)/babys(Taimi, Braham) that we should take care of,, i know the target audience they aim with this, but i cant talk about without be censored.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@Blur.3465 said:
    I really dislike Braham.

Same, i dislike teenagers and childs in games/films. even worst when they give to teenagers some adults like dialogues, this is silly, childs/teenagers with 15yo like dont mind about "save the world".... if u research my posts u will see my case against Taimi.

Also i dislike "babysiting" and petting, and Anet insist throwing us pets(Aurene)/babys(Taimi, Braham) that we should take care of,, i know the target audience they aim with this, but i cant talk about without be censored.

Highfive Glad I'm not the only one here!

• Keriana.9635Keriana.9635 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2020

@Blur.3465 said:
    I really dislike Braham.

Braham is in his early twenties, I think, and so not a teenager. He is still extremely annoying, though. :p

• Braham is ok. Its that annoying plot device Taimi that needs to get swallowed by the sarlac and digested over a thousand years.

• As long as he stops being narrow-minded and becomes smarter, like in using skills appropriate for the circumstance at the right time (who did LW2's the last boss knows what I'm talking about), I'm fine carrying him along with some more

Keriayn‌‌ | Asura | Necromancer
    Raven Evergloam | Human | Mesmer
    Astrid Bloodbourne | Norn | Guardian
    Pallu'Kaziel | Sylvari | Ranger
    Johanna Mordkönige | Human | Warrior

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's quite interesting how the episode pointed to everyone (Braham included) all of his flaws, only for him to go right away "they are trying to make me doubt myself, but i know who i am". It might have been originally intended to show how he notices his flaws and starts to grow due to it, but that definitely wasn't how it came through.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.