How to Enjoy Conquest PvP

Knetik.4356

Ignore or hide chat. Play what build you enjoy. There are plenty of strong builds that aren’t necessarily meta. There are many non-meta build that HARD counter meta builds.

The majority of you aren’t in the top 1% of players. Stop playing like you are.

Now don’t get me wrong. I fully understand balance issues; however, we have a HUGE balance patch coming within the next 1-2 weeks.

Yes ignore chat. Hide map. Alt tab. Shut computer down. All effective tactics to play like a pleb.

In reality, truthfully I've only seen baddies play with chat hidden. Communicating strategies, asking questions ahead of the game, seeing what possibly experienced players are recommending is crucial in ranked.

If you wanna hide chat in unranked, go for it. But just don't play if you wanna play with a blindfold.

Even more fun and efficient way:Open chat, check team comps, say which node you will be pushing initially at /team.

Say "inc thief/mesmer/necro/blabla to close/mid/far/bell" or stuff like that whenever necessary, don't speak a lot with different sentences just give plain information.

If anybody is talking bad to you, ignore.

@Knetik.4356 said:Ignore or hide chat. Play what build you enjoy. There are plenty of strong builds that aren’t necessarily meta. There are many non-meta build that HARD counter meta builds.

Now don’t get me wrong. I fully understand balance issues; however, we have a HUGE balance patch coming within the next 1-2 weeks.

U mean in a month and a half

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Knetik.4356 said:Ignore or hide chat. Play what build you enjoy. There are plenty of strong builds that aren’t necessarily meta. There are many non-meta build that HARD counter meta builds.

U mean in a month and a half

Yeah, you will be stuck in this until the season is over

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yes ignore chat. Hide map. Alt tab. Shut computer down. All effective tactics to play like a pleb.

In reality, truthfully I've only seen baddies play with chat hidden. Communicating strategies, asking questions ahead of the game, seeing what possibly experienced players are recommending is crucial in ranked.

If you wanna hide chat in unranked, go for it. But just don't play if you wanna play with a blindfold.

xDwell said

If u think you can play without chat. I personally like to be constructive in chat and just report any person too good for that and block the occasional super toxic player. But I totally understand some people actually prefer to block out all pings and chat so they can focus more on carrying, but this makes sense to me if you are in like a solo carry spec like a far noder in that case you can usually just type “I’m going far” in team chat at start and ignore everything else. It’s less common in gw2 where roles are less defined but it’s totally possible

@Mbelch.9028 said:Yes ignore chat. Hide map. Alt tab. Shut computer down. All effective tactics to play like a pleb.

Map chat is useless anyway.

Only thing u can see in map chat is 'gg already,insults and people blaming everyone else except themselves'

That's why you have minimap controls like pings.

@Knetik.4356 said:Ignore or hide chat. Play what build you enjoy. There are plenty of strong builds that aren’t necessarily meta. There are many non-meta build that HARD counter meta builds.Do not play Holosmith, if you do it, try do not break anything.

Now don’t get me wrong. I fully understand balance issues; however, we have a HUGE balance patch coming within the next 1-2 weeks.1 - 2 months, perhaps...

@Ghetx.1752 said:

Map chat is useless anyway.

Only thing u can see in map chat is 'gg already,insults and people blaming everyone else except themselves'

That's why you have minimap controls like pings.

Calling the only form of verbal communication useless shows your rank. Do whatever in unranked, but that's a fools errand in ranked.

@Xentera.4560 said:

Perfect! do all that in unranked and save everyone in ranked a player like yourself.

This.

@Mbelch.9028 said:Calling the only form of verbal communication useless shows your rank. Do whatever in unranked, but that's a fools errand in ranked.I don't know about you, but I don't see any use in the rants and insults (or sometimes response tests to see which character might be a bot) that make up 90%+ of the chat in ranked.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Calling the only form of verbal communication useless shows your rank. Do whatever in unranked, but that's a fools errand in ranked.I don't know about you, but I don't see any use in the rants and insults (or sometimes response tests to see which character might be a bot) that make up 90%+ of the chat in ranked.

You just discovered the use by writing this comment. Grow a thicker skin, ignore the insults, and use — and contribute to — the 10% of good information you admitted is out there.I'm by no means a model citizen in PvP after 7 years of becoming jaded by playing this game, but I still call out info and give my strategy. If you have chat off, you see none of that.

"Map" chat really is useless. "Team" chat is a different thing. I have different tabs. One where the chat is disabled (only combat log). And I think it is a good thing to read the team chat at the beginning - sometimes people try to chat and coordinate there. You still can turn it off (switching to another tab) if insults start. (And then you still can watch the mini map for pings.)

At the moment I found more that people of the own team tend to flame/insult - when we are losing and they start to blame someone. Or going afk and announcing it and the others insult the Afker. Map chat to talk to the other team ... I saw only "gg" or "easy win vs 5 vs 4" (if we won and the enemy team had 1 disconnect/afker). Not that much of insults.

Play for fun, don't care about individual matches. You will get nice ones and terrible ones.

The rating and matchmaking system will work in the long term. If you start having terrible matches, you're probably getting too difficult matches for your player skill. After enough losses this will have solved itself and you will start to win again.

Read chat, it can be useful. Block players who are rude or go berserk in their negativity.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

You just discovered the use by writing this comment. Grow a thicker skin, ignore the insults, and use — and contribute to — the 10% of good information you admitted is out there.I'm by no means a model citizen in PvP after 7 years of becoming jaded by playing this game, but I still call out info and give my strategy. If you have chat off, you see none of that.

And if I have it on (which I have solely because I never bother turning it off for 10 minutes a day), I see my 10% being ignored.