Mobile Turrets

TinkererPat.8043

I feel at this point in time, Since we have Mesmers with running clones and Necromancers with Minion Armies (As we've had for a long time) Could we not finally Give Engineer mobile turrets in someway or another? could combine the concept of Gyros with turrets and make hover turrets and they can follow you? Just a thought, but that would be amasing.

A.i issues >_> they work to random.

But i guess turrets could be used on top of some asuran mobile platform to follow player.

Maybe Anet needs to remove racial skills and make some new other skills, like an elite skill for core class theme.

Engie could be a activation of a overing platform for each turret rather than wait for the CD to end to redeploy them in other positioning.

They don't like mobile minions because they bog the server down, This is why the summoning items were nerfed, most of the runes changed or removed, and various minion abilities like Guardian's Spirit Weapons and Ranger's Spirits destroyed.

Ele can only summon 1-2 at a time, and Necro's class is built around it, so they haven't changed those.

Mobile turrets sound pretty cool. Only thing is, it would be too similar to Ranger pets, Necromancer minions, etc. If they'd just increase the survivability of the turrets to be a stationary addition to either offensive pressure, defensive tactics, or utility so that they don't die in a few hits, it would bring the turrets back into the game as a useful type of utility.

Replace the "Destruct turret" skill by a "Pick up turret" skill Put turret down, let it work, when you're done, pick it up, and lob it somewhere else ?

I'm kidding, dont do that, you'd be vulnerable for too long for this to be practical. But I couldn't help chuckling thinking of it.

@"Naxos.2503" said:Replace the "Destruct turret" skill by a "Pick up turret" skill Put turret down, let it work, when you're done, pick it up, and lob it somewhere else ?

I'm kidding, dont do that, you'd be vulnerable for too long for this to be practical. But I couldn't help chuckling thinking of it.You can already pick up turrets for reduced cooldowns so not sure if joking or actually funny.

The problem with Turrets is very clear.

It just doesn't scale and does very poor damage and takes a utility slot.

Why would anyone wanna trade a utility slot which could potentially carry a powerful buff or mechanical tool or a kit which aids yur current content, for a semi automated, destructible turret which doesn't scale well?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Naxos.2503" said:Replace the "Destruct turret" skill by a "Pick up turret" skill Put turret down, let it work, when you're done, pick it up, and lob it somewhere else ?

I'm kidding, dont do that, you'd be vulnerable for too long for this to be practical. But I couldn't help chuckling thinking of it.You can already pick up turrets for reduced cooldowns so not sure if joking or actually funny.

Of course, but I meant literally as a pick up bundle with minimal cooldown, not quite reduced cooldown. However as I mentionned, that is a silly idea, since it'd turn your weapon skills into a bundle with only one skill (unless you incorporate that to the "mobile turret" mounted on the player idea), thus making it rather impractical in combat. I'm just thinking of the implications of throwing turrets in widely impractical and weird places, to befuddle people.

• 2 weeks later...

Turrets:

How do you overcharge your turrets?? Sadly, you cant anymore, but i have a suggestion to this, and probably making this viable again!

each turret have it's effect, and also have their own Tool-belt , why not making this Tool-belt skills the overcharge?Example:When you place Riffle Turret every time it HITS the target, it gets an overcharged point, let us say at max of 5 stacks.This stacks would be marked above your Tool-Belt skill, every successful shoot on your target you get a +1 , 2 hit +2 etc etc. if you have +5 mark, and your turret is currently up, you would use the Tool-Belt skill, alloying the riffle / you ( as currently is ) to shoot 5 consecutive shoots at your selected target giving more DMG than the regular shoot.

Rocket Turret would have the similar effect, but instead of shooting at your target the Overcharged Stack number would appoint to the number of missiles that it would Bombard the selected area. +2 = 2 bombard missiles ( example ) +5 = 5 bombard missiles

The healing Turret could increase the stack number of Regeneration effect, or even, giving a healing burst, considering the number of successful healing pools that it had actually been given to any player. ( numbers of players inside the turret range do not stack, but only the healing pool numbers that were successful, which means that you need at least 1 friendly target to be hit by the healing pool to have a +1 stack ).

Although, this Tool-Belt can only be used when the current turrets are up, or this can be only an improvement to your current Tool-belt skill . Bringing the Turret build more viable and some small burst DmG / Healing situations, making this class a bit more unpredictable and giving players more decisive situations.