Bad frame rate

Hi guys!I recently bought a notebook (not a gamer).When trying to play Gw2, I noticed a very bad frame rate (at low settings, about 30 fps that fluctuates to 15 in certain places). I have already made all the settings in the AMD video driver and windows, and even so I did not get any results.Do you have any idea what could cause this? Is my notebook too weak to play this game?This is my hardware:AMD 9720P8GB RAMRX540x 2GBThanks in advance, and I'm sorry for the bad English.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!I hope I can be of help!First of all, since you're on a laptop make sure th games uses your dedicated gpu instead of your integrated gpu, you can check this by using task manager, and if it doesn't use the correct one I think it's right click on the icon and then there will be something like "run with amd gpu".

What settings are you exactly using?Subsampling, although a bit blurry, gives lots of frames. The most important setting is the character model limit setting, set this to low or given your post to lowest. Character model quality is less of a fps hog but set it low to be sure. Collision sensitivity (camera settings, general tab of the settings menu) can affect fps also a lot, slide it completely to the left side. Since you're already using most gfx settings on low, they should be fine.

(I recommend Kyosika's settings guide and Tekkit's fps guide on youtube to improve both fps and visual clarity)

Be sure to have the right power options enabled and to play gw2 while your laptop is plugged in, as laptops use their full power plugged in and throttle themselves down when they are on battery (battery saver, it's a rule to play games on laptops when they are plugged in, the battery will drain very fast when giving all that power to the system).

Make sure you use gw2 in windowed fullscreen (no tearing/unnoticable tearing compared to fullscreen) or fullscreen (if you don't encounter a lot of screen tearing).

Close all background programs, and monitor your temperatures, clocks, usage etc. via task manager or a very useful overlay like msi afterburner's rivatuner statistic server (rtss). Make sure nothing overheats:)

Driver updates, windows updates... be sure to have the latest.

Your computer should definitely have a 40-30 fps on medium/low settings, your computer should be alright with gw2.

Hope this will help you achieve better fps:)!