WvW montage channels that deserve your views — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW montage channels that deserve your views

SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 24, 2020 in WvW

Criticize, complain or just be salty, I'm sure there will be at least a few, but I'd like to share some channels that I feel deserve your views ( hey, that rhymed ! )

Xan Engineer, streamer
Agriope Warrior, streamer
Hobo Multi-class
Yumi Mesmer, streamer ( ? )
Cartoon Revenant
Evie and Lary Engineer/Revenant
FLOT TV Necromancer, discontinued( ? )
Goblin King Revenant, discontinued ( ? )
Grogert Wolfborn Warrior, discontinued ( ? )
GW Fox Engineer/multi-class
Hollts Necromancer, streamer.
Jazz X Man Mesmer
Kuroi Thief, discontinued
Massy Multi-class
Mijo Necromancer, streamer
Min Scherzo Thief, Discontinued
Naidren Thief
Nici Revenant
Nootski Thief
Obindo Multi-class, discontinued ( ? )
Omni Elite Thief/multi-class
Redeemer Thief
Sekikaze Necromancer
Scion Kai Warrior, discontinued
Resouille Thief
Seven Elementalist, streamer
Shaloc Revenant
Sindrener Thief, streamer
Stawk Ranger/multi-class, discontinued
Gipsey Revenant
Tubby Two Ton Revenant, streamer
Yishis Multi-class, discontinued
Aikijinx Thief
Zodin Guardian, discontinued
Kiritsugu Ranger
Tsuki Yomi Mesmer
Coconut Racecar My own channel, Necromancer/multi-class

I'm sure I missed a bunch that also deserve to be here, but if you're looking for quality GW2 game play these are some of the best channels there are. More than a few are very old and will probably never be active again but still have very impressive content worth the watch.

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to start a flame war so seriously, please don't berate anyone if you don't like them. If I've included your channel here and you're a streamer, please go ahead and share your Twitch or any additional info. If you don't want your channel here, let me know and I'll remove it. If I didn't include your channel, don't take it personal. Go ahead and share it yourself if you'd like!

Witchery [YWY] | Maguuma/Anvil Rock | Diamond Legend
Hate me if it makes you feel better ... ♫

<1

Comments

• rollnb.8346rollnb.8346 Member
    edited January 20, 2020

i can add some :+1:
    Bless The Asura Druid ranger, streamer
    Happy No DragonHunter
    Taygeta Necro

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great list!
    But no list is complete without my mentor and strongest Necro, Ascii.
    His streaming channel:
    Ascii Necro Streamer

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD > TC > Mag > GOM > AR > JQ > BP

• RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭✭

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Great list!
    His streaming channel:
    Ascii Necro Streamer

Uhm, I watched his 2 vids on condi reaper and i must say it is definitely not what i expected. Poor, very poor play. Dunno if that fella has more quality content, but chasing 2 bronze or below players who just wanna run (and having help from an ally in one case) certainly is... Meh.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you're going to include discontinued channels, you must add Koroshi. Also, I think you should organize your list by active/discontinued.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SirKoroshi

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020

Soriken has some good stuff

EDIT: Also, no Cellofrag?

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Great list!
    His streaming channel:
    Ascii Necro Streamer

Uhm, I watched his 2 vids on condi reaper and i must say it is definitely not what i expected. Poor, very poor play. Dunno if that fella has more quality content, but chasing 2 bronze or below players who just wanna run (and having help from an ally in one case) certainly is... Meh.

Yeah he played really early in the game, like the original roaming necro. I remember him mostly for apping to TW, getting his tag, repping, then literally never being with the group until he got called out.
    "Guys, why did you boot me?"
    "Because you've been on the wrong map all afternoon"

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2020

Few i can think of to add for......fights / memes / fun:
    Lord Hizen - Mystic Coin Hitman
    Noody - Fights, fun, historian
    Mukluk - new guy, druid lover.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭

Anyone has a guy who does Core Necro stuff?

I find Core Necro play very impressive, especially if it isn't just some Bronzy hunting montage.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yasai.3549 said:

I find Core Necro play very impressive, especially if it isn't just some Bronzy hunting montage.

Hobo has a nice fear build for core necro.
    Ran into him recently and was like kitten is this chain fear.

• Raiden The Beast.3016Raiden The Beast.3016 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

FAVE, high quality edit,gud gameplay, but inactive

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

@Yasai.3549 said:

Hobo

FLOT TV

Myself

Hollts and Mijo are two extremely good Necros, but both of them play Reaper almost exclusively, with Mijo playing Scourge a little more than Hollts.

Hobo plays a variety of classes but I believe he was originally a Necro main and still plays it somewhat frequently. Shouldn't be hard to find some of that on his channel.

FLOT doesn't seem to upload anything anymore and only has a few videos, but is very good. All of his videos are core Necro and I think all of them are full Berserker Necro as well.

I only have one montage at the moment and haven't made another for quite some time, but I do plan to get around to it eventually. I play both Reaper and core in the video and a variety of builds as well. Some full zerk, some hybrid, some condi, etc. When ever I make another video I plan for it to be almost entirely core Necro because it has always been my favorite spec, so you can keep your eye out for that (:

@SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    I only have one montage at the moment and haven't made another for quite some time, but I do plan to get around to it eventually.

First good news of the new year for all necro lovers. Can’t wait to watch it!
    Personally I was never a fan of FLOT and I think your core is better than Hobo’s.

For Hobo, I liked watching his out of this world Scourge skills more which unfortunately ended after solo/small scale Scourge was thrown into the dumps with one nerf after another.

• @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

I only have one montage at the moment and haven't made another for quite some time, but I do plan to get around to it eventually.

First good news of the new year for all necro lovers. Can’t wait to watch it!
    Personally I was never a fan of FLOT and I think your core is better than Hobo’s.

For Hobo, I liked watching his out of this world Scourge skills more which unfortunately ended after solo/small scale Scourge was thrown into the dumps with one nerf after another.

Thank you, that means a lot to me to hear (: <3

I don't think I'm better than Hobo though. I'd say I'm pretty "meh" because there are a lot of qualities I'm missing that make a truly good player. I just know how to exploit my strengths very well with positioning and zone control.

But yes, I've been recording little bits here and there and hopefully can put something together soon. I mostly duo roam with a friend though so it may not be an entirely solo video.

I would also like to recommend Donee for ranger plays. I remember him for his superb Druid plays during HOT. Much better than a lot of other popular ranger streamers/you tubers imo.

His channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/danxicow/videos

• You haven't lived unless you've watched this.

My finest work that was so underappreciated.

P.s - most of the videos/players listed here are zzzzzzzzzzz.

• @bigo.9037 said:
    Well obviously this turned into a self shill thread lmao

Turned ?.. it started as that when you look at the initial list.

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

True.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

Grogert Wolfborn Warrior, discontinued ( ? )

Grog's footage is mostly apart of the collage stuff Vaans does now. I think he commented about it last time people asked about him, saying he got hit with too many music strikes to bother with his own channel. Exy is probably the most active with videos in their group.

GW Fox Engineer/multi-class

In Fox's group I think both Bakeyy (Ranger) and Scarlet (Necro) does videos regularily too. Just search Youtube for them.

There are not that many Ele streamers/creators anymore so, like someone else said, Cello should probably get mentioned even if he is a partner now so most people know about him.

forgetting solemn's channel for ele too. nephistos and xacafu are both great to watch for warriors.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

4:04 /thread

• Icewielder.4195Icewielder.4195 Member ✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020

@Yasai.3549 said:

Hobo

FLOT TV

Myself

Hollts and Mijo are two extremely good Necros, but both of them play Reaper almost exclusively, with Mijo playing Scourge a little more than Hollts.

Hobo plays a variety of classes but I believe he was originally a Necro main and still plays it somewhat frequently. Shouldn't be hard to find some of that on his channel.

FLOT doesn't seem to upload anything anymore and only has a few videos, but is very good. All of his videos are core Necro and I think all of them are full Berserker Necro as well.

I only have one montage at the moment and haven't made another for quite some time, but I do plan to get around to it eventually. I play both Reaper and core in the video and a variety of builds as well. Some full zerk, some hybrid, some condi, etc. When ever I make another video I plan for it to be almost entirely core Necro because it has always been my favorite spec, so you can keep your eye out for that (:

@SpellOfIniquity.1780, I'm actually the FLOT TV guy. I took a big break due to both real life stuff and my gaming desktop biting the dust. I didn't realize anyone other than a few friends had really found the channel. I'll probably get back to the occasional upload soon, been catching up on missed stuff and screwing around with the changes since I left. (My god I die inside when I use the focus 4 these days...it was so good..and now its so bad..).

Also props on your montage video, pretty decent gameplay. Looking forward to a full core necro one!

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

I found it adequately modest to give herself a bump last. Most peeps wouldn't bother with the list at all.

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020

@Icewielder.4195 said:

@SpellOfIniquity.1780, I'm actually the FLOT TV guy. I took a big break due to both real life stuff and my gaming desktop biting the dust. I didn't realize anyone other than a few friends had really found the channel. I'll probably get back to the occasional upload soon, been catching up on missed stuff and screwing around with the changes since I left. (My god I die inside when I use the focus 4 these days...it was so good..and now its so bad..).

Also props on your montage video, pretty decent gameplay. Looking forward to a full core necro one!

Super happy to hear that! I loved all of your videos and feel you're an extremely good Necro, I'd be very happy to see more from you (:

Reaper's Touch change was definitely a controversial one. A lot of people hated it at first, but it has grown on many of us. The damage is terrible now but it's utility is much better. I actually use Focus with a condition build because the extra Life Force generation is handy to have since core condi doesn't generate Life Force as well as Power does.

Hope life is treating you well (: !

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

I found it adequately modest to give herself a bump last. Most peeps wouldn't bother with the list at all.

I was hesitant to add myself at all for just this reason \ :

No problem though... It's only a bigoted Ranger main that aggressively attacks anyone opposing his views in the Ranger sub and a TB condi Mirage that doesn't even know how to beat his own build in a 1 v 1.

• moutzaheadin.4029moutzaheadin.4029 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Oh another self entitled "gamer gurl" , that makes much more sense. Trying to get some props from the washed up vt crew. Then tosses her name in at the end.

Let me finish by saying the top 4 on your list avoided me for years unless they was paired up. So keep glammin over the cherry picked noob killing streams. Most of us know better.

Have a magical day sugar.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Oh another self entitled "gamer gurl" , that makes much more sense. Trying to get some props from the washed up vt crew. Then tosses her name in at the end.

Let me finish by saying the top 4 on your list avoided me for years unless they was paired up. So keep glammin over the cherry picked noob killing streams. Most of us know better.

Lmao. What? is it.. popcorn time??

Also ye vT seems a little overrated but they mad about it so they just disliked my new vid of me killing them on stream lel. Funny stuff!

• Helly.2597Helly.2597 Member ✭✭✭

@bigo.9037 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Also ye vT seems a little overrated but they mad about it so they just disliked my new vid of me killing them on stream lel. Funny stuff!

It is pretty funny. I won't lie. Lose 10+ times when you come at us with 2 while stream sniping for over an hour thirsting for a win (which well freely admit we had 3 so whatever). Lose the 3v3 when you call in a friend. Lose the 1v1 in a soulbeast versus reaper matchup. Finally get a W after pretending to not attack and be chill and put it in your video. Now that is funny. > @moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Obs baby why you so angry right now? I've never avoided you, neither has anyone else for that matter. But keep it up with the narrative.

[vT] Hobo
    Violent Tendency
    NA Roaming

@Helly.2597 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

It is pretty funny. I won't lie. Lose 10+ times when you come at us with 2 while stream sniping for over an hour thirsting for a win (which well freely admit we had 3 so whatever). Lose the 3v3 when you call in a friend. Lose the 1v1 in a soulbeast versus reaper matchup. Finally get a W after pretending to not attack and be chill and put it in your video. Now that is funny. > @moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Obs baby why you so angry right now? I've never avoided you, neither has anyone else for that matter. But keep it up with the narrative.

@Helly.2597 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

You're taking this game wayyy to seriously man xD

For the record I won the 2nd 1v1, I kitten up the first one. What can I say? I'm not trying to make excuses.

Also, we never did a 3v3. If there was a third player, it was a pug. Stream sniping has always been a thing. You could've just put on a stream delay to prevent it, not my problem.

You guys were complaining about it, acting all sad and depressed on stream and, then and now, projecting your tryhard playstyle onto us even though we're literally just having fun.

See you could've avoided this whole situation, had you like.. not said on your stream that we were trying really hard, that we're basically bad players, etc. But you did.. and then you lose some fights after saying that we are bad. How does that make you look? xD not so good!

We never said that you were bad. We were just stream sniping for fun, cus you were talking yourselves up.

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

4:04 /thread

Literally why I hate most montages.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• @Helly.2597 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Angry ? Not even a little. Hard to get any emotions over a game that I hardly play.

Me and you both know the truth. I basically taught you how to roam. So there's that.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

rofl this thread got salty. Anyone got some free food? ;-(

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

@Justine.6351 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spherified_Peppercorn-Spiced_Oyster_Soup

eat up

• Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

No mentioning of mr Sky Teef yet?

Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Suddenly match-up thread?

• Also Tryfox95 main ranger, streamer

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

eat up

Tastes like wimpy dps and feet

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

Doesnt every server have at least one guild thats made of awesome, competent roamers who end up 1v5 the enemy as soon as one member loses a 1v1? Yes, yes

@LetoII.3782 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

eat up

Tastes like wimpy dps and feet

Especially like feet:

• Lul I came for the people that claim that vT is overrated while constantly having vT's name in their mouth. Must taste bitter. Was not disappointed, bless the free entertainment.

• Agriope.4523Agriope.4523 Member ✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020

Not getting involved in the crabs in a barrel folks earlier in this thread; I don't get cannibalizing an already microscopic community with toxicity. Don't care that much anymore, just like to see fun fights and take part in fun fights.

Here's some of the people who deserve views I have subs to on YouTube that I think haven't already been mentioned (some are just 'cause they deserve to be remembered RIP, pour out some liquor):
    Exy, Multiclass - Active
    Fauxhawk Pringles, warrior, active
    Illithex, Multiclass - Active(ish)
    Pants are Success, meme, Active(ish?)
    Sbobby, thief, active
    Silence, multiclass, active
    Törsi, warrior, active
    Tramadex, revenant/warrior, active (streams pvp now mostly afaik)
    Lu Niki, elementalist, active
    DoNotD, guardian, active
    Deany Kong, meme, ded rip
    Bamf Joe, mesmer, ded rip
    JahRo, ded rip

I'm sure I missed some I used to check out regularly in the distant past, but I just went down YouTube sub list and looked for ones that hadn't been mentioned that deserved some views.

edit: follow up, just because it deserves honorary mention, default from D E R P used to stream with like doritos logos all over the place, bling and glitter, christmas lights and all with like a 2 inch screen size for the game. that kitten was GOLD. if you never saw it, you missed, missed, missed, out.

• Magicclown.7052Magicclown.7052 Member
    edited January 27, 2020

Defult was the best i approve

[vT] Clown

• Sam.8193Sam.8193 Member ✭✭

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Avoided you obs? Are you alright man? You deleted all of vT because one person said condi mes is easy or trash in groups i don't even remember which... I have had to kill you many, many times because you just wont stop trying to attack even though I have shown zero interest in fighting you... So confusing man, anyway hope your family is good in 2020 <3

-Xan

• Lol, I apologize for this thread turning in to a salt fight. I knew there was that risk with how upset some people get over these things but I wanted to bring some more support to players I appreciate. Can't say I'm surprised at the ones that decided to say what they did though.

Again, if you'd like your channel removed let me know. I don't want to bring any unnecessary negative attention to any of you.

Lol, I apologize for this thread turning in to a salt fight. I knew there was that risk with how upset some people get over these things but I wanted to bring some more support to players I appreciate. Can't say I'm surprised at the ones that decided to say what they did though.

Again, if you'd like your channel removed let me know. I don't want to bring any unnecessary negative attention to any of you.

You've got nothing to apologize for. No salt or hate here yo! Some people just chasing clout and get angry that others have more popularity than them - I never advertise my channel or stream - people find it they find it - or in this case someone else links it etc. I play for fun not for fame. You did a great job gathering content creators and it's sad people wanna tear others down instead of add to the list their favorites so others can also discover them.. Oh well great job / effort on your end, Stay positive always.

-Xan

@Sam.8193 said:

Lol, I apologize for this thread turning in to a salt fight. I knew there was that risk with how upset some people get over these things but I wanted to bring some more support to players I appreciate. Can't say I'm surprised at the ones that decided to say what they did though.

You've got nothing to apologize for. No salt or hate here yo! Some people just chasing clout and get angry that others have more popularity than them - I never advertise my channel or stream - people find it they find it - or in this case someone else links it etc. I play for fun not for fame. You did a great job gathering content creators and it's sad people wanna tear others down instead of add to the list their favorites so others can also discover them.. Oh well great job / effort on your end, Stay positive always.

-Xan

It's just a game, ye. Some people.. COUGH COUGH, definitely take it too seriously..!
    Will go to great lengths to bash on others! XD

edited January 27, 2020

@bigo.9037 said:
    It's just a game, ye. Some people.. COUGH COUGH, definitely take it too seriously..!
    Will go to great lengths to bash on others! XD

Yep, 100% agree it is just a game... But uh, cough cough only works if i know what you're talking about or implying or who you are even?

-Xan