Looking for help

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Hey guardians, I need some help

Came across a guardian today in WvW (core, not even bronze rank...either colonel or Sargent) running no food, GS and Sw/Shield. Initially came at it on a DPS Mirage, however the amount of healing it was doing was insane. Was fairly mobile as well. I know it was running at least 2 meditations (JI and that one that cleanses condis and does damage). Needless to day it rekt my face.

Came at it from a condi perspective and probably did worse. Swapped to DPS again for round 3, same result. The healing it was doing reminded me of warrior with the signet AND dolyak runes together. person hit like a truck as well. Had a hard time nailing them down below 40-50%. Im convinced it was a f2p acct from someone that has a paid acct already so I can admit I was outplayed (as much as it pains me to admit from a pre bronze lol), however there was something.....off about how they played (I have 2 guildies that main guard in WvW, one plays core symbol). Its probably just me and its a build ive prob not faced before.

Any thoughts on the build and counters?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Hey guardians, I need some help

Came across a guardian today in WvW (core, not even bronze rank...either colonel or Sargent) running no food, GS and Sw/Shield. Initially came at it on a DPS Mirage, however the amount of healing it was doing was insane. Was fairly mobile as well. I know it was running at least 2 meditations (JI and that one that cleanses condis and does damage). Needless to day it rekt my face.

Came at it from a condi perspective and probably did worse. Swapped to DPS again for round 3, same result. The healing it was doing reminded me of warrior with the signet AND dolyak runes together. person hit like a truck as well. Had a hard time nailing them down below 40-50%. Im convinced it was a f2p acct from someone that has a paid acct already so I can admit I was outplayed (as much as it pains me to admit from a pre bronze lol), however there was something.....off about how they played (I have 2 guildies that main guard in WvW, one plays core symbol). Its probably just me and its a build ive prob not faced before.

Kite and bait blocks. If it's a symbol core guard running GS and Sw/Shield they only have two gap closers, Sword2 and JI. Their burst looks like GS5 > JI > Smite Condition > F1> GS5 > GS4 > GS2. If you dodge/evade that burst combo you''ll avoid a lot of their damage potential. After that you just need to not stand in the symbols and bait their blocks before using your own burst.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Kite and bait blocks. If it's a symbol core guard running GS and Sw/Shield they only have two gap closers, Sword2 and JI. Their burst looks like GS5 > JI > Smite Condition > F1> GS5 > GS4 > GS2. If you dodge/evade that burst combo you''ll avoid a lot of their damage potential. After that you just need to not stand in the symbols and bait their blocks before using your own burst.

Thanks for the pointers. I dont run meta, thus dont normally use standard rotations, however they seemed to be 1 step ahead of me. WHat do you folks have that keeps healing you like every second (and it wasnt the regen boon)

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Thanks for the pointers. I dont run meta, thus dont normally use standard rotations, however they seemed to be 1 step ahead of me. WHat do you folks have that keeps healing you like every second (and it wasnt the regen boon)

Virtue of resolve (which can be buffed with trait)And elite signet (less likely to be used though).