Ranger, the new Warrior?

RayssaMoreira.3728

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly core ranger is a way to strong, i am talking about the markmanship build, its survival true stealth, superspeed, blocks, plenty of condi cleanse, passive protection/heal uptime makes the build super strong, combine that with the pet(gazelle but others work aswell) unblockable attack and def crit with stacked damage multipliers for pet and ranger. It can one shot yet survive too easy. I am hoping this will be tweaked/nerfed in upcoming patch

@shadowpass.4236

Nerfing Moment of Clarity is just so out of touch. All you'd be doing would be pidgeon-holing ranger into WS even more. Because if we can't do damage then we have to go tankier.

1. Nerf Gazelle, both F2 and charge by at at least 50%.

2. Remove plasma from siamoth.

3. Nerf WS and provide some paper sustain on another line so if the ranger doesn't get hit it's not a big deal and If it gets locked down it gets obliterated.

4. Fix the bug on GS-4 before nerfing it more.

@Eurantien.4632 said:@shadowpass.4236

Nerfing Moment of Clarity is just so out of touch. All you'd be doing would be pidgeon-holing ranger into WS even more. Because if we can't do damage then we have to go tankier.

3. Nerf WS and provide some paper sustain on another line so if the ranger doesn't get hit it's not a big deal and If it gets locked down it gets obliterated.

this is 41,7% dmg nerf on gazelle charge assuming she has attack of oportunity

the greatsword trait gives fury on disabling an enemy, what this means basicly is that u proc remorseless trait and get def crit and 25% damage after every cc.I remember when i had to atleast use an active skill (petswap or survival util) to get this trait to trigger, now it just triggers passivly after a cc without me sacrificing a utility for it. it makes it too easy aswell

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@shadowpass.4236

@Eurantien.4632 said:@"shadowpass.4236"

Yeah idk. I personally don't have any issues vs. marksmanship rangers (and don't think they're hard to fight) but that's also because I've played it so much I know all the setups for the burst.

Anyways, the damage modifiers are what people complain about the most regarding extremely damage-oriented ranger builds. I mean Gazelle would still hit hard at around 5.4k-ish? for the Charge but it will no longer "randomly" do 9k damage if the stars align.

And yeah I also understand how confirmation bias works and we both know how infrequently Gazelle actually hits that hard and how it's pretty easy to a avoid the 2 second, stationary cast time on Charge and the pet swap into Headbutt... or stunbreak + dodge after you get interrupted (not just cc'd, interrupted). Unfortunately, people don't want to practice their 1v1 matchups so even though these ranger builds aren't viable in competitive environments where people know how to actually counterplay and line of sight, I believe the changes I've proposed are fairly mild and will tune down the oneshot/survivability complaints whilst not rendering ranger useless.

Oh yeah, and Bear Stance should get a cooldown reduction to 20s and have the base healing increased to 5.5k. That would help solve the problem(?) of WS being almost mandatory.

For anyone curious... here's a

demonstrating how much damage output demo Soulbeast has.

And here are some videos/clips of me fighting against rangers on multiple classes:

1. - Mirror Matchup
  2. - Punishing Maul
  3. - Countering Longbow and Punishing Evade Frames
  4. - Good example on how to avoid/bait out ranger skills whilst simultaneously keeping track of pet attacks in a winning 1v2.

Ranger is superior to warrior in a lot of respects, honestly. More boon access, more stun breaks and stability, equal if not greater damage, more range, more CC (than meta spellbreaker, not in general though), passive damage via pet. If building for high burst, ranger can do it better. If building high sustain, ranger can do it better. The main advantage warrior has is superior cleave where ranger is primarily single target. This makes warrior better out fighting outnumbered but ranger can do just as well considering they don't care about holding the point.

It's just quickness uptime on the Ranger.

If a Warrior had the quickness uptime of a Ranger, the Warrior would absolutely shred a Ranger in every melee situation.

And the problem isn't necessarily Ranger traits/utilities either, it was the injection of way too much +conc +boon duration amulets/traits/skills/runes.

Even so, you guys who complain about Rangers sincerely need to l2p. That's all I'm saying in this thread. Not going over this again.

@Zexanima.7851 said:Ranger is superior to warrior in a lot of respects, honestly. More boon access, more stun breaks and stability, equal if not greater damage, more range, more CC (than meta spellbreaker, not in general though), passive damage via pet. If building for high burst, ranger can do it better. If building high sustain, ranger can do it better. The main advantage warrior has is superior cleave where ranger is primarily single target. This makes warrior better out fighting outnumbered but ranger can do just as well considering they don't care about holding the point.

Dont forget stealth access which is something warrior can have.People are laughing at the Op but he technically is not wrong Ranger is very comparable to warrior atm.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:It's just quickness uptime on the Ranger.

If a Warrior had the quickness uptime of a Ranger, the Warrior would absolutely shred a Ranger in every melee situation.Warrior technically should shread ranger in melee situations even without itThats the whole issue with why ranger is superior because in melee range ranger has the same tools as warrior does in terms of evades and blocks ontop of having a wider boon table.

Even so, you guys who complain about Rangers sincerely need to l2p. That's all I'm saying in this thread. Not going over this again.The next time anet makes something busted thats obviously overperforming thats not ranger should we just mark it off as "L2P?"

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:It's just quickness uptime on the Ranger.

If a Warrior had the quickness uptime of a Ranger, the Warrior would absolutely shred a Ranger in every melee situation.Warrior technically should shread ranger in melee situations even without itThats the whole issue with why ranger is superior because in melee range ranger has the same tools as warrior does in terms of evades and blocks ontop of having a wider boon table.

Even so, you guys who complain about Rangers sincerely need to l2p. That's all I'm saying in this thread. Not going over this again.The next time anet makes something busted thats obviously overperforming thats not ranger should we just mark it off as "L2P?"

No

We already went over this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95464/how-to-beat-rangers-a-secret-l2p-guide/p1

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:It's just quickness uptime on the Ranger.

No

We already went over this:

I know so stop trying to dumb it down you gave good tips and i pointed that out but ideally at the end of this i said all you did was say LoSEvery solution was LoSGive up point LoSDont fight ranger if he is going to burst run and LoS

Its the scourge is not op (back when it was broken) just dont stand in shades and L2P style argument and its silly.Sorry but no Trevor

No other profession keeps both strong ranged and melee pressure all at the same time in the same build.Only ranger does this which is why its comparable to warrior with a melee weapon in its hand.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

No

its comparable to warrior with a melee weapon in its hand.

But it's not though.

Shadowpass had already well covered in that link how Ranger already gets out brawled on node by just about every other melee class, which is true.

I have no idea what ranking you play at or what your true skill is regardless of your ranking, but if you are truly only a bell-curve player, you can't come in here claiming that Ranger is OP because you're comparing plat 2+ Rangers to what you see gold 2+ Warriors doing. I mean no offense, it's just I often see people play a 100 games man, and in 1 game they see an excellent player who makes a class look busted, and then they're in here in the forum talking about "how strong that class is and it needs nerfs".

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No

its comparable to warrior with a melee weapon in its hand.

But it's not though.

Shadowpass had already well covered in that link how Ranger already gets out brawled on node by just about every other melee class, which is true.

I have no idea what ranking you play at or what your true skill is regardless of your ranking, but if you are truly only a bell-curve player, you can't come in here claiming that Ranger is OP because you're comparing plat 2+ Rangers to what you see gold 2+ Warriors doing. I mean no offense, it's just I often see people play a 100 games man, and in 1 game they see an excellent player who makes a class look busted, and then they're in here in the forum talking about "how strong that class is and it needs nerfs".

Speaking of top 10%, which is around ~1,500 and above. SlB does maintain muchs of everything. High sustain, evades, high burst, mobility, boon duration, CC. You name it, there is much of it. The issue it faces (or why it does not dominate), is it does not have niche. That is why in organized teams (and P2+), it loses value. It is a good +1, but there are better options. It is a good solo, but not the best option. It is very bursty, but there are stronger options. However, it maintains all these things, at the same time, which is an issue.

As with most meta builds, it needs to lose boon duration and some CC, more than anything.

Comparison to warrior, is not really valid. They do play in similar roles, but so does mirage.