Returning Player Wanting Fractals Advice

MBounty.1754

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well. So, I'm a returning player to Guild Wars 2 (started at launch, returned about 2 months back) and I've been enjoying my time, but now I'm looking to get my head around some endgame content I used to love - Fractals.

I have a couple of questions so I'm prepared for the inevitable learning curve that I'm looking for some help on;

• Have their been any major changes? Would you recommend any videos for me to watch and familiarise myself with the content/process of not being a total noob?
  • I'm a PTV Guardian with ascended agony infused accessories/GS. I remember their being levels to Fractals, but is there a certain amount of agony necessary now? Should I roll Zerk?

Appreciate the support all. Enjoy your time in Tyria!

Micah.

@"MBounty.1754" said:I'm a PTV Guardian with ascended agony infused accessories/GS. I remember their being levels to Fractals, but is there a certain amount of agony necessary now? Should I roll Zerk?

There are currently 100 Fractal Levels, split equally across 4 Tiers. Each Fractal Level above twenty requires increasing amounts of Agony Resistance. Furthermore, starting from Tier 2 (i.e. levels 51 and above), special conditions known as Mistlock Instabilities are introduced, such as "Last Laugh" that causes enemies to deal AOE damage and knockback upon dying. There have also been a handful of new Fractal dungeons that have been introduced which progress Deesa's story.

Agony damage is no longer as significantly dangerous as it was before, considering the direct damage from Agony becomes negligible once you have 150 Agony Resistance (AR). However, the Agony condition now stacks in intensity, and reduces all healing received by 70%.

Another significant change was the ability to change the attributes of ascended armor and weapons (and limited trinkets). Please see the Wiki article on the Anthology of Heroes for recipes.

Guardians are currently one of the more powerful Power-based professions, especially with the Dragonhunter Elite Specialization. In this case, you'll want to go Berserker, or even Marauder if you are uncomfortable with going full glass cannon. The new Firebrand Elite Specialization fully realizes the Burn Guardian gameplay, in which case you will opting towards Sinister equipment.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@"MBounty.1754" said:I'm a PTV Guardian with ascended agony infused accessories/GS. I remember their being levels to Fractals, but is there a certain amount of agony necessary now? Should I roll Zerk?

There are currently 100 Fractal Levels, split equally across 4 Tiers. Each Fractal Level above twenty requires increasing amounts of Agony Resistance. Furthermore, starting from Tier 2 (i.e. levels 51 and above), special conditions known as Mistlock Instabilities are introduced, such as "Last Laugh" that causes enemies to deal AOE damage and knockback upon dying. There have also been a handful of new Fractal dungeons that have been introduced which progress Deesa's story.

Agony damage is no longer as significantly dangerous as it was before, considering the
direct
damage from Agony becomes negligible once you have 150 Agony Resistance (AR). However, the Agony condition now stacks in intensity, and reduces all healing received by 70%.

Another significant change was the ability to change the attributes of ascended armor and weapons (and limited trinkets). Please see the Wiki article on the
for recipes.

Guardians are currently one of the more powerful Power-based professions, especially with the Dragonhunter Elite Specialization. In this case, you'll want to go Berserker, or even Marauder if you are uncomfortable with going full glass cannon. The new Firebrand Elite Specialization fully realizes the Burn Guardian gameplay, in which case you will opting towards Sinister equipment.

PErfect reply. Thank you very much for your help! I'm ready to get stuck in with this advice.

@MBounty.1754 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

Agony damage is no longer as significantly dangerous as it was before, considering the
direct
damage from Agony becomes negligible once you have 150 Agony Resistance (AR). However, the Agony condition now stacks in intensity, and reduces all healing received by 70%.

Another significant change was the ability to change the attributes of ascended armor and weapons (and limited trinkets). Please see the Wiki article on the
for recipes.

PErfect reply. Thank you very much for your help! I'm ready to get stuck in with this advice.

Remember to use infusion extractors you get from the INFUZ merchant in the hub before you convert your gear.

Archived