GW 1 bug,

I realize this is the GW2 forum, however none exists for GW 1 and I have a problem I want to bring to the developers attention. I have already gone thru support channels which was no help. I was told that "we do not provide any type of in game support, other than help with log in, account recovery, etc"

I also realize that GW1 is "old news" to most people.

I lost signet of capture. It just disappeared from my skill bar.

Aside from that, I think its irresponsible to sell a product you no longer provide in game support for. This fact is not mentioned anywhere when buying the game. There is no disclaimer. So now I cannot have the full game experience (titles for capturing skills) because of this. You sell add on products for GW 1 - mercenary heroes, xunlai additions, character makeovers and more, which affect in game content. All of that profits you. It would be nice if you actually provided in game support for a product that you continue to sell.

Signet of Capture is a unique skill that can be obtained multiple times and can only be used once per copy, as it will be replaced with the skill you capture. If you didn't use it and it simply disappeared, put it back on your bar. If you don't have the skill anymore, purchase it from a trainer.

I don't think it's less responsible to run a very old game without active support than it is to close down the game completely for players enjoying it. If I ran a store and the store wasn't making money anymore, I'd close the store. Guild Wars 1 doesn't make enough money to support a support staff and Guild Wars 2's support stafff can easily become swamped as we've seen in the past.

Guild Wars 1 was declared to be in maintaince mode many many years ago, and though it's still available for people who want to play it, I wouldn't expect support people from Guild Wars 2 to know the intricacies of the game. Support staffs often have high turnovers and it's not really their job to know Guild Wars 1.

The game is kept open for people who still want to play it, but yeah, you can't really expect active support on a game that almost makes no money. It's not even listed as a seperate game in the quarterly reports. It surely makes less than Wildstar did and Wildstar closed down completely.

I don't necessarily think that's a better option, considering some people are still enjoying Guild Wars 1.

Btw, you could have gone to the Guild Wars 1 wiki and looked up that skill and seen it was consumable. THe wiki is still there and still pretty good.