Q? about Mantras[FB] and how the game works when using them, Possible issue- not sure. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Q? about Mantras[FB] and how the game works when using them, Possible issue- not sure.

quick question,
Do the cone of mantra skills not work on enemy/ally when casting it at them going up hill? is it going into the ground? in other words only directly forward/horizontally? Curious, ... I'm wondering if someone can replicate this Mantra hill thing, test it see if you're hitting enemy's while going up a hill with an offensive mantra. To me, visually, it looks like the whole skill goes into the ground. I Think that's part just how the game works, but The skill itself I'm not sure if the CONES effect is working when going up a hill casting the mantra. I might be wrong.

Just wondering really.

I mean to me the mantra, even if going up a hill should sort of go with the terrain, right? or.. is that too complicated?

:)
Thanks for any answers, or if anyone tests this.

Comments

• Tzarakiel.7490Tzarakiel.7490 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020

Most aoes in the game are 3d objects. For example a circular aoe is actually a ball and the cones are actual cones. So relative to the height of your characters feet the aoe gets smaller the further away. (At least so far as I can tell ingame.)

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• Funky.4861Funky.4861 Member ✭✭✭

Sometimes the graphics and the actual area affected do not match; terrain will obstruct some aoe's but not others. A lot of skills follow the ground towards their target (like death shroud #2, dark path) but it's inconsistent, like thief shortbow #5/ mesmers' blink etc. The only way for you to know is to experiment casting the mantras at targets above or below the plane of the aoe.