WVW Warrior Zerg Build, no defense, no disci

RedShark.9548

Eyo bois and and girlzIm bored right now and want to share my new warrior build, that im using atm and having lots of fun with.DISCLAIMER: its NON meta, so all those ppl that are stuck and not open for new ideas should leave now.

K, here is the build, take a look at it, think about it, read my explanation and THEN tell me your opinion about it, thanks.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssBmI7ihxOxhe6/dB-zVRYaR9WMsSppIIzQo7CI8EwvpRAjWA-w

Now, when i create a build for zerging i most of the time try to do atleast 3 things with it to help my group.This build for example can boonrip very well (alot of cc, that plays into the boonrip), it has group condi removal, it gives alot of sustained and bursty amounts of might to your group, whilst fighting AND can soak up alot of dmg for your group whilst maintaining reasonable dmg for a tanky frontliner.How does it do this ?

first up, the whole reason why warrior is still wanted in wvw zergs:SPELLBREAKERits simple, you remove alot of boons, mainly with Winds of Disenchantment. Enchantment Collaps increases this number by quite abit, and also synergizes well with every single cc in your kit, which hammer has ALOT of paired with dispelling force ofc. Loss Aversion is used as small dmg, and as nice tool for adrenalin generator. No Escape keeps your enemies inside your groups dmg, which should be quite deadly.

Second Traitline, that provides all the Juicy dmg boosts and cleanses for your group:TACTICSRoaring Reveille is just mandatory when using Warhorn, it more than doubles its effectiveness, because you give additional boons AND hit 10 allies with it.Empower allies, 500 more Power in your group (100 for each person), need i say more ?Phalanx Strength with mending might does so much work in this build, its crazy, for great justice is an instant 24might boost for your group (only 12 for you)and also heals yourself for 7452HP without any casttime, so its usable whilst bubbling.There are many sources to gain might from as warrior, and all that might will be spread to your allies.

And for the extra oomph:STRENGTHI swapped out Defense for strength, because with that gear etc, i figured id easily survive without endure pain, because at those health numbers i will have the time to press defiant stance before i explode.Additionally to its general dmg boosts, it adds a MASSIVE source of might, which is Forceful Greatsword, now im not using a greatsword, you might say, BUT the bonuses while using a GS are just doubled, they still apply without one, which was a great change they made some time ago.Merciless hammer boosts hammerdmg and CDs and is a great source of adrenalin, since they took adrenalin from horn and shouts.Reckless dodge is a fair amount of unblockable dmg, that can crit, and in turn give you might, which will spread to allies and heal you.Pinnacle of strength is an additional 10power per mightstack, so 250 more power on full stacks.if you want more dodges and even more sustain you could go MMR instead of hammer, but lose some dmg and the awesome adrenalin gain.

As for VARIATIONS, if you still feel like dying alot, go for defense instead of strength, you will lose dmg and mightgain, which is sad, but staying alive is the most important thing.If you feel like you rly need fast hands to enjoy warrior (hint: you dont, you just need some time to adjust) you can swap out Strength for Discipline, which results in less dmg and might generation, but more weapon switcheroo and Hammerstuns (which is the best argument to swap those IMO)

Now for the RUNE and SIGIL choicesIm running Vampirism, because the more HP you have, the better that thing gets.The more you have, the more it will Additionally give you, and the more it will heal you with every kill, because % are AWESOME.

For Sigils on hammer im running Absorption and Draining, because interrupting your enemies is your main goal, after placing a great bubble.Draining simply gives you even more sustain, to heal through, whilst doing your thing.And Absorption? well, its frickin STEALS 3 boons and the WHOLE duration from your enemy, and the best part, IF you manage to steal their might, guess what, Phalanx strength (i tested it) will give ALL the might you stole to your allies. So 25 stacks stolen ? yep, your group gets 25 stacks. and you get ALL the heal for that too, from mending might.

On sword and horn im running Bloodlust, (because, well i am bloodlusty, even with running a tanky build, ya know) and Energy, because im living that thief life (dodging whilst doing dmg? eh? yea, right, i hate thiefs)

Fully stacked, this build will still have slightly above 4000 Power and with Fury 46% critchance, which WILL hurt, and with close to every second hit being a crit generate alot of might.So why should you atleast give this a try ? Because it doesnt just Bubble, do its little burst rota and die in 2-3hits without its dmg mitigation, it provides alot more for you and your group to take down the enemy, and sticking inside the enemy for longer periods of time is just so much fun.

So for the last thing, ive recorded some fights in the last public zerg ive ran with (wasnt a full zone blob, ran it in a 50man squad vs the murrican RISE guild, that is currently on EU, but my recording software refused to recognize gw2 as a game worthy to shadowplay for some odd reason...had no problems running it there and winning most of the fights with it)here the footage, muted, for youtube reasons.No chat cover, because im lazy and honestly dont care what you read in teamchat lolalso no sick intro of me RP walking towards the screen, because id cringe too much to do that.Some fights we lose, most we win, but all of them were fun and i think they showcase the build quite well (all from the same evening)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7o1RYm4jISk&feature=youtu.bei know im sticking alot of the time to hammer, but i felt like we dont need horn alot against those enemies, so i had my fun with my hammer HA

If you managed to get this far, leave a comment on what you think, if i forgot something ask, and all the good stuff etc, have a nice weekend.

Update 18.02.20

Post balance patch Updated version btw.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssBmC7ihxOxxd6/dB-zVJYnR9fp0UIUaE0dRFei6+BIg/W0fTD-w

Now with Boonduration, because magical number 6 is a good number to boost. Doesnt get too high, so wont get ripped as much before it runs out anyway, like 20sec would.

Aristocracy rune and Body blows as might generation instead of crit and forceful greatsword as suggested by @Lan Deathrider.5910

Optional changes would be balanced stance instead of stomp (balanced stance wont get the 60s cd nerf as off the last update we got, so stays at 40s)

And ruthlessness sigil on hammer instead of draining for more might generation (less dmg and healing for you)

Fully stacked still at 4k power, and 25% critchance with fury, which you can provide on your own.

@"RedShark.9548" said:Eyo bois and and girlzIm bored right now and want to share my new warrior build, that im using atm and having lots of fun with.DISCLAIMER: its NON meta, so all those ppl that are stuck and not open for new ideas should leave now.

K, here is the build, take a look at it, think about it, read my explanation and THEN tell me your opinion about it, thanks.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssBmI7ihxOxhe6/dB-zVRYaR9WMsSppIIzQo7CI8EwvpRAjWA-w

Now, when i create a build for zerging i most of the time try to do atleast 3 things with it to help my group.This build for example can boonrip very well (alot of cc, that plays into the boonrip), it has group condi removal, it gives alot of sustained and bursty amounts of might to your group, whilst fighting AND can soak up alot of dmg for your group whilst maintaining reasonable dmg for a tanky frontliner.How does it do this ?

first up, the whole reason why warrior is still wanted in wvw zergs:SPELLBREAKERits simple, you remove alot of boons, mainly with Winds of Disenchantment. Enchantment Collaps increases this number by quite abit, and also synergizes well with every single cc in your kit, which hammer has ALOT of paired with dispelling force ofc. Loss Aversion is used as small dmg, and as nice tool for adrenalin generator. No Escape keeps your enemies inside your groups dmg, which should be quite deadly.

Second Traitline, that provides all the Juicy dmg boosts and cleanses for your group:TACTICSRoaring Reveille is just mandatory when using Warhorn, it more than doubles its effectiveness, because you give additional boons AND hit 10 allies with it.Empower allies, 500 more Power in your group (100 for each person), need i say more ?

Why not Shrug it Off? You'll heal your allies when you cleanse their condis. But if your goal is offense support as well I agree that EA is still a good choice.

Phalanx Strength with mending might does so much work in this build, its crazy, for great justice is an instant 24might boost for your group (only 12 for you)and also heals yourself for 7452HP without any casttime, so its usable whilst bubbling.There are many sources to gain might from as warrior, and all that might will be spread to your allies.

And for the extra oomph:STRENGTHI swapped out Defense for strength, because with that gear etc, i figured id easily survive without endure pain, because at those health numbers i will have the time to press defiant stance before i explode.Additionally to its general dmg boosts, it adds a MASSIVE source of might, which is Forceful Greatsword, now im not using a greatsword, you might say, BUT the bonuses while using a GS are just doubled, they still apply without one, which was a great change they made some time ago.Merciless hammer boosts hammerdmg and CDs and is a great source of adrenalin, since they took adrenalin from horn and shouts.

I can confirm that this is the best adrenaline gain skill you will ever have. The adrenaline gain has no ICD, so if you hit more than one person with a CC then you'll get 20-30 adrenaline. This is a great trait to take even if you are Core or a Berserker.

Reckless dodge is a fair amount of unblockable dmg, that can crit, and in turn give you might, which will spread to allies and heal you.Pinnacle of strength is an additional 10power per mightstack, so 250 more power on full stacks.if you want more dodges and even more sustain you could go MMR instead of hammer, but lose some dmg and the awesome adrenalin gain.

As for VARIATIONS, if you still feel like dying alot, go for defense instead of strength, you will lose dmg and mightgain, which is sad, but staying alive is the most important thing.

This is how I felt when running Defense on Berserker. I live longer and kill more without Defense as odd as it sounds.

If you feel like you rly need fast hands to enjoy warrior (hint: you dont, you just need some time to adjust) you can swap out Strength for Discipline, which results in less dmg and might generation, but more weapon switcheroo and Hammerstuns (which is the best argument to swap those IMO)

Now for the RUNE and SIGIL choices Im running Vampirism, because the more HP you have, the better that thing gets.The more you have, the more it will Additionally give you, and the more it will heal you with every kill, because % are AWESOME.

I've done this before as well. Its nice in a zerg clash for keeping you alive, the heal also has no ICD.

For Sigils on hammer im running Absorption and Draining, because interrupting your enemies is your main goal, after placing a great bubble.Draining simply gives you even more sustain, to heal through, whilst doing your thing.And Absorption? well, its frickin STEALS 3 boons and the WHOLE duration from your enemy, and the best part, IF you manage to steal their might, guess what, Phalanx strength (i tested it) will give ALL the might you stole to your allies. So 25 stacks stolen ? yep, your group gets 25 stacks. and you get ALL the heal for that too, from mending might.

I figured this would be the case, though I hadn't verified it myself.

On sword and horn im running Bloodlust, (because, well i am bloodlusty, even with running a tanky build, ya know) and Energy, because im living that thief life (dodging whilst doing dmg? eh? yea, right, i hate thiefs)

Can I recommend Sigil of Celerity for you? No interrupt needed, just a CC to connect and you have 5s of quickness, 10s if you build for it, on a 20s ICD. Might be better for non zerg play, but it would help with the hammer attack speed.

Fully stacked, this build will still have slightly above 4000 Power and with Fury 46% critchance, which WILL hurt, and with close to every second hit being a crit generate alot of might.So why should you atleast give this a try ? Because it doesnt just Bubble, do its little burst rota and die in 2-3hits without its dmg mitigation, it provides alot more for you and your group to take down the enemy, and sticking inside the enemy for longer periods of time is just so much fun.

So for the last thing, ive recorded some fights in the last public zerg ive ran with (wasnt a full zone blob, ran it in a 50man squad vs the murrican RISE guild, that is currently on EU, but my recording software refused to recognize gw2 as a game worthy to shadowplay for some odd reason...had no problems running it there and winning most of the fights with it)here the footage, muted, for youtube reasons.No chat cover, because im lazy and honestly dont care what you read in teamchat lolalso no sick intro of me RP walking towards the screen, because id cringe too much to do that.Some fights we lose, most we win, but all of them were fun and i think they showcase the build quite well (all from the same evening)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7o1RYm4jISk&feature=youtu.bei know im sticking alot of the time to hammer, but i felt like we dont need horn alot against those enemies, so i had my fun with my hammer HA

If you managed to get this far, leave a comment on what you think, if i forgot something ask, and all the good stuff etc, have a nice weekend.

Oddly enough I was thinking of rolling up Sentinel stats recently...

Got bored and swapped to SpB instead of Berserker recenrtly, and I am running something similar. Thanks for the reminder on Vamp runes. I even have them in my bag lol. Also thanks for confirming sigil of absorption and PS interaction.

@"Lan Deathrider.5910"im not using shrug it off, because imo without vigorous shouts and atleast some healing power its not rly worth it, but i guess thats preference, wont change the build much, if you need a tiny bit more heal and condi remove to stay alive as a group, go for it.

you sure merciless hammer has an internal cd ? feels to me like it has, and i interpreted the "interval: 3sec" as that, because it doesnt rly make alot of sense to me, what else the interval would stand for.regardless, even with internal cd it gives 10 adrenalin, which is enough to give you a complete spb burstskill back. Paired with dispelling force and loss aversion makes for enough adrenalin gain, as long as you are not blinded, pretty much the worst condition to face as a warrior.

and for celerety im not rly sure, 5sec on a 20sec cd seems not that strong, and going for a ton of concentration is quite a bit of statpoint loss in other areas, like you said it would make the most sense on hammer, but the options for hammer are so good, draining gives 1k dmg for every cc and 1k healing, without internal cd. and absorption, well...if i rly wanted more dmg id go for Severance, for 250 precision and 250 ferocity for 4sec with 1 second internal cd.

@RedShark.9548 said:@"Lan Deathrider.5910"im not using shrug it off, because imo without vigorous shouts and atleast some healing power its not rly worth it, but i guess thats preference, wont change the build much, if you need a tiny bit more heal and condi remove to stay alive as a group, go for it.

you sure merciless hammer has an internal cd ? feels to me like it has, and i interpreted the "interval: 3sec" as that, because it doesnt rly make alot of sense to me, what else the interval would stand for.regardless, even with internal cd it gives 10 adrenalin, which is enough to give you a complete spb burstskill back. Paired with dispelling force and loss aversion makes for enough adrenalin gain, as long as you are not blinded, pretty much the worst condition to face as a warrior.

and for celerety im not rly sure, 5sec on a 20sec cd seems not that strong, and going for a ton of concentration is quite a bit of statpoint loss in other areas, like you said it would make the most sense on hammer, but the options for hammer are so good, draining gives 1k dmg for every cc and 1k healing, without internal cd. and absorption, well...if i rly wanted more dmg id go for Severance, for 250 precision and 250 ferocity for 4sec with 1 second internal cd.

Merciless hammer has an icd versus defiant foes with broken bars. There is none otherwise unless it was changed recently. But you are right that as a spellbreaker 10 adrenaline is more than enough.

Edit: I had Merciless Hammer on and used Hammer4 in a camp prior to anything else. Hit all the mobs, and got full adrenaline. I recall when using a mace/mace setup that the ICD is also not for consecutive CC's either, just for defiant goes.

The quickness would be to lay out faster CCs but absorption + draining is potent on hammer spellbreaker or not. Comes down to if someone needs the extra help landing the CCs.

• 2 weeks later...

If the big balance patch is comong through without big changes to what we know right now my build will shine even more.

Alone the fact that my build already isnt using autoproccs is a huge +, no problem surviving without those.All those full dmg warrior will drop like flies in a zerg vs zerg scenario with 5min on auto endure pain.

Furthermore is the mightshare on my build almost not changed at all, so with many other might sources cut short my might will have a higher value for my group.

Most tactictraits that were nerfed are not even included in my build, since shouts got a hit its good that my build doesnt only invest into those, so that nerf isnt hitting me as hard as full on shoutwarriors.

And finally, IF (pls anet no) we go back to pirateshipping, because group stab sources were heavily nerfed i can still be useful with bursts of 24 might to nuke them from afar, and provide good bursts of condicleanses.

Only problems then is the lack of lootbags, because pirateship is like 0 kill participation for warriors, feelsbadrangeman.

Oh and if cmc or ben read this, please atleast give hammerstun enough dmg to give me kill participation, pretty please, or lower the needed dmg that i have to do to get bags, if most my hammerskills only deal 30dmg.

@RedShark.9548 said:Oh and if cmc or ben read this, please atleast give hammerstun enough dmg to give me kill participation, pretty please, or lower the needed dmg that i have to do to get bags, if most my hammerskills only deal 30dmg.

Sigil of Draining should help with damage part. It could become the only way to deal damage with CC (alongside with Lightning Rod ele).

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Oh and if cmc or ben read this, please atleast give hammerstun enough dmg to give me kill participation, pretty please, or lower the needed dmg that i have to do to get bags, if most my hammerskills only deal 30dmg.

Sigil of Draining should help with damage part. It could become the only way to deal damage with CC (alongside with Lightning Rod ele).

Body Blow as well sadly enough.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yea, im already running draining because its the best after absorption, 1000 dmg and heal? Kitten yea.But it only activates on interrupt, so it wont give anything when tgey dont cast or have stab, so still no participation on that kill.

And i cant run bodyblows because that would heavily impact my might generation.

Also endure pain reduces everything to 0 and it works fine.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Yea, im already running draining because its the best after absorption, 1000 dmg and heal? Kitten yea.But it only activates on interrupt, so it wont give anything when tgey dont cast or have stab, so still no participation on that kill.

You can slot Runes of the Aristocracy and get 5 might every time you weaken or CC someone if you take Body Blow. Coupled with FGJ you'd still generate a large amount of might. You'd lose the 10% heal on Vamp runes though.

You can slot Runes of the Aristocracy and get 5 might every time you weaken or CC someone if you take Body Blow. Coupled with FGJ you'd still generate a large amount of might. You'd lose the 10% heal on Vamp runes though.

Mhh thats a good tip. That rune was completely under my radar... Id lose a big load of hp and power tho.If that rune would give power instead of condi dmg, that would be juicy.295 power is quite a bit, the question is how many times do i proc forceful greatsword and how many times do i proc the rune.Ill probably gonna give it a try. Probably have to run that dungeon a few times, ayyy

@RedShark.9548 said:

Mhh thats a good tip. That rune was completely under my radar... Id lose a big load of hp and power tho.If that rune would give power instead of condi dmg, that would be juicy.295 power is quite a bit, the question is how many times do i proc forceful greatsword and how many times do i proc the rune.Ill probably gonna give it a try. Probably have to run that dungeon a few times, ayyy

Well the rune has a 1 second ICD, so if you are CCing or otherwise weakening someone every second (mace AA chain for instance or Fierce Blow>BB>Fierce Blow) that's 5 might per second. It would lend itself more towards a Condi or Hybrid setup though. Would be fun to lock someone down with M/M + Hammer and bleed them out with body blow.

Well the rune has a 1 second ICD, so if you are CCing or otherwise weakening someone every second (mace AA chain for instance or Fierce Blow>BB>Fierce Blow) that's 5 might per second. It would lend itself more towards a Condi or Hybrid setup though. Would be fun to lock someone down with M/M + Hammer and bleed them out with body blow.

I dont think you can keep up 1weakness per second, thats kinda unrealistic.And bleeding only will never ever kill someone, even when merciless hammer was applying confusion it wasnt enough,

not to mention that confusion was absolutely kitten, given the mechanic of that condi working completely against ccing your opponent. Lol, whoever had that idea was only thinking "well, you get a hammer to your head you get confused" (no it will break your kitten skull)Not thinking about the fact that a cc'ed opponent wont be casting skills to get more dmg by confusion...(kinda went off the tracks there, but i guess im saying i dont ever want confusion back on merciless hammer)

5 might shared with phalanx strength is interesting tho, thats 25 each time i cc someone in a zerg... Fueling mending might for 25*50=1250 heal +when i interrupt draining sigil for another 1k heal.

@RedShark.9548 said:

I dont think you can keep up 1weakness per second, thats kinda unrealistic.And bleeding only will never ever kill someone, even when merciless hammer was applying confusion it wasnt enough,

not to mention that confusion was absolutely kitten, given the mechanic of that condi working completely against ccing your opponent. Lol, whoever had that idea was only thinking "well, you get a hammer to your head you get confused" (no it will break your kitten skull)Not thinking about the fact that a cc'ed opponent wont be casting skills to get more dmg by confusion...(kinda went off the tracks there, but i guess im saying i dont ever want confusion back on merciless hammer)

5 might shared with phalanx strength is interesting tho, thats 25 each time i cc someone in a zerg... Fueling mending might for 25*50=1250 heal +when i interrupt draining sigil for another 1k heal.

Well, I did say CC or weaken, and Mace AA chain takes about 1.5 seconds with weakness at the end. If someone is locked down after blowing their stunbreaks, that bleed will kill them in the end, and its not like you wouldn't be hitting them with Fierce Blow and Crushing Blow.

The confusion on MH was a weird choice which for the reasons mentioned being why it was never good damage, but putting gradual stacks of bleed on someone when they are unable to clear them due to CC lockdown will eat away at them regardless of what they do(don't do).

But the lockdown build isn't a Zerg build by any means. 25 might per hard CC will fuel your HP pretty well. If you opted for MMR instead of MH that's more healing for you and you can let Loss Aversion fuel your adrenaline instead, only need 10 for the next burst on a Spellbreaker anyway. Might be a good change since most of the Hammer damage is being gutted anyway, and with healing also going down having a bit more would be helpful for staying alive longer to rip more boons.

Well, I did say CC or weaken, and Mace AA chain takes about 1.5 seconds with weakness at the end. If someone is locked down after blowing their stunbreaks, that bleed will kill them in the end, and its not like you wouldn't be hitting them with Fierce Blow and Crushing Blow.

The confusion on MH was a weird choice which for the reasons mentioned being why it was never good damage, but putting gradual stacks of bleed on someone when they are unable to clear them due to CC lockdown will eat away at them regardless of what they do(don't do).

But the lockdown build isn't a Zerg build by any means. 25 might per hard CC will fuel your HP pretty well. If you opted for MMR instead of MH that's more healing for you and you can let Loss Aversion fuel your adrenaline instead, only need 10 for the next burst on a Spellbreaker anyway. Might be a good change since most of the Hammer damage is being gutted anyway, and with healing also going down having a bit more would be helpful for staying alive longer to rip more boons.

But in the end merciless hammer also reduces the hammer cds, and reduced cds mean more cc and more cc... Ends in more weakness/interrupts and then again in more might etc from that.

So in that case id probably still go for merciless hammer, because 5 stacks might from aristocracy and a cc on myself with phalanx strength and mending might are 2550 while mmr would only end in 566And enemies that are cc'ed more often wont do dmg to me and will die in my zergs dmg, because they cant move out.

Mmr would be a little more bursty heal, while merciless hammer is better in longer fights (and i sure hope fights become longer with more TTK)

I like the merciless hammer adrenalin gain, because i only have to cc 1 enemy to get a full burst, while loss aversion needs to rip 5 boons for a burstskill.

Mmr also got indirectly nerfed with the nerf of reckless dodge.

@RedShark.9548 said:

But in the end merciless hammer also reduces the hammer cds, and reduced cds mean more cc and more cc... Ends in more weakness/interrupts and then again in more might etc from that.

So in that case id probably still go for merciless hammer, because 5 stacks might from aristocracy and a cc on myself with phalanx strength and mending might are 25
50 while mmr would only end in 5
66And enemies that are cc'ed more often wont do dmg to me and will die in my zergs dmg, because they cant move out.

Mmr would be a little more bursty heal, while merciless hammer is better in longer fights (and i sure hope fights become longer with more TTK)

I like the merciless hammer adrenalin gain, because i only have to cc 1 enemy to get a full burst, while loss aversion needs to rip 5 boons for a burstskill.

Mmr also got indirectly nerfed with the nerf of reckless dodge.

All fair points, just wanted to voice the alternative if you felt you needed more healing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEIiNssBmC7ihxOxxd6/dB-zVJYnR9fp0UIUaE0dRFei6+BIg/W0fTD-w

Now with Boonduration, because magical number 6 is a good number to boost. Doesnt get too high, so wont get ripped as much before it runs out anyway, like 20sec would.

Optional changes would be balanced stance instead of stomp (balanced stance wont get the 60s cd nerf as off the last update we got, so stays at 40s)

And ruthlessness sigil on hammer instead of draining for more might generation (less dmg and healing for you)

Update 18.02.20

Aristocracy rune and Body blows as might generation instead of crit and forceful greatsword as suggested by @Lan Deathrider.5910

Fully stacked still at 4k power, and 25% critchance with fury, which you can provide on your own.

Edit: also added it to the end of my original post.