[Mount Skins Requests] Your Ideas — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

[Mount Skins Requests] Your Ideas

What type of skin sets would you like for your mounts?
Post pictures too if you wish.

<1

Comments

• Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭✭

I second watchwork themed skins

Bring back Ceara

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Twisted Watchwork Mountfit Bundle! Megaplease with an omnomberry on top!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/363853#Comment_363853

But also;

• Super Adventure Box themed.
    • Slime (Sludgy and rippling)
    • "Horse" Raptor (Like this, but replace the Skritt with the Player Character)
    • Skritt in a ball Roller Beetle
    • Wyvern-style Skyscale.

Better get a wriggle on.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020

Here we go again.

Watchworks, complete the exo suit set, dragon minions themed skins (risen/skeleton,icebrood,mordrem...), racial skins (fernhound, big wolf,charr machineries...).

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Gryphon.2875Gryphon.2875 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020

Decayed/Necromancer themed full mount pack, please! 😻

• A Kangaroo Rat skin (looks similar to a gerbil) for the Springer mount (it being the year of the rat, why not?)

• mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

My request is less particle effects. Less stupid silly garbage. Less retinal burn inducing "lookit me" styles. Less "celestial" effects.
    More art please.

• Liston.9708Liston.9708 Member ✭✭✭

Roller beetle that looks exactly like Black Beast of Aaaaaarrrrggghh (sic?) from gw1

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭

Charr bike roller beetle skin.

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭

@Raknar.4735 said:

Is it worth me posting my design again or is it spam at this point?

You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

• Raknar.4735Raknar.4735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020

@DietPepsi.4371 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:

Is it worth me posting my design again or is it spam at this point?

I think just posting the Roller Cycle V.2 would be enough, so others get the idea :P
    They could also just take parts of the Chugger/ Dune roller, or completely use that model.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chugger

You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you. Umbasa.

• Frostfang.5109Frostfang.5109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020
    • Leviathan/sea dragon inspired skin for skyscale!!!
  • Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

More 2K skins for skyscale and Beetle, they only have one each. And Warclaw has NONE, that needs to be fixed.

As for specific ideas, I could write stuff all day, but one major idea is just “stuff based off things in game” different dragon minion inspired sets, a forged set for all mounts, asura magitech, charr weaponry, sylvari-ish nature, Celtic or viking for norn, classic medieval fantasy for humans, more elemental stuff, other professions like mesmeric, mist (rev), light(guard), etc forever

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• A skritt pulled rickshaw for the raptor. Also maybe a beer of the month club part 2, race themed with brewmaster back types of skins for the various mounts.

• Jimbru.6014Jimbru.6014 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2020

Before we add NEW skins, the first thing I want is for ANet to reorganize the mount skins into actual sets of similar type, like the Primeval mounts for example, and complete the sets. The present system makes less sense than a football bat.

@Jimbru.6014 said:
    Before we add NEW skins, the first thing I want is for ANet to reorganize the mount skins into actual sets of similar type, like the Primeval mounts for example, and complete the sets. The present system makes less sense than a football bat.

They wont do that as incomplete and spread out parts of sets makes money for A-net.

1. Sylvari themed mounts including the Sylvan Doggie as a Jackal.
    2. Icebrood Mounts. We already have Branded, Awakened and Exo-suit (Inquest) mounts.
    3. Remain their shape, so Jackal still looks like a doggie, Dragon like a dragon and Springer like a bunny.

Master of garbage builds and being useless.

• You mean like this?

https://i.redd.it/uhinsm0pznr01.jpg

They could use the Raptor body.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• asura or charr themed mecha raptor.

• Najten.2418Najten.2418 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

More "armor free" Warclaw skins.. Perhaps a 2k gem one aswell? Like a rhinocerous?
    Skins that complete all of the "sets" already released.

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

Boneskinner skin for the warclaw would be awsome

• Seconding Super Adventure Box mounts

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Thundabolt.8541 said:
    Seconding Super Adventure Box mounts

Personally, this would probably be the thing that would make me quit. I detest all of the SAB stuff. But, that's me.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

Personally, this would probably be the thing that would make me quit. I detest all of the SAB stuff. But, that's me.

Not just you. Me too. SAB is awful!!!

• kratan.4619kratan.4619 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

Narwhal skin for the skimmer to go with my pegasus.
    Edited to add some ice themed skins for all mounts.

• Thereon.3495Thereon.3495 Member ✭✭✭

I love the idea of the Primal Spirit Jackal mount but there are two things that have stopped me getting one- the antlers are ridiculous and IMO look a little...glued on if I can say that? The other is that surely this should have been a Raptor skin? A leap forward rather than blinking forward.

So to that end I'd just love anything else that is of a naturey, forest/jungle theme that makes thematic sense really.

• @kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

I would expect nothing less haha :D you ought to show it a little more respect, SAB pays tribute to legendary games with legendary legacies. Ya'll are such boomers lol.

• Regh.8649Regh.8649 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

Hyena skin for the jackal.

• Non elemental, like the shrine guardian and no shinies (just the teleport thing, and you can throw some demon eyes to "justify" the magical ability).
    • Might have some tribal purposes or be slightly armored.
    • Body proportions similar to the Reforged Warhound.

Now you just need to draw it and implement it, thanks :)

Edit: found something close on Deviantart

Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

I would expect nothing less haha :D you ought to show it a little more respect, SAB pays tribute to legendary games with legendary legacies. Ya'll are such boomers lol.

Boomer? Hardly. I was around well before video games were even invented. :)

I'm fine with it paying tribute or whatever. Just keep it in it's own space. It doesn't need to be all over GW2. Again, this is just my opinion.

Very.
    Casual.

• @kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

Boomer? Hardly. I was around well before video games were even invented. :)

I'm fine with it paying tribute or whatever. Just keep it in it's own space. It doesn't need to be all over GW2. Again, this is just my opinion.

I actually figured you weren't very young since it's younger or young-minded people who tend to enjoy SAB more than the grumps of the community haha

I mean no disrespect, but I think SAB has potential to be its own standalone thing outside of GW2. Josh Foreman deserves for SAB to be respected, not hated.

@Thundabolt.8541 No disrespect taken. ;) I felt that I understood the poke with the appropriate level of humor. Thanks for clarifying anyway.

Very.
    Casual.

• A real pegasus, or a real flying unicorn.

The current one looks like they glued a unicorn head onto one end of a griffon, horse legs onto the other, and called it a day. It's not even a pegasus. What we got was a hippogriff, except that a hippogriff is supposed to be the front end of a griffon and the back end of a horse, not this catty-corner abomination that looks like they tossed in a Corgi for good measure.

Anet can do better than this. Or if it can't, it needs to hire better designers.

• Udolpho.1209Udolpho.1209 Member ✭✭✭

Fern hound skin for the jackal / full 5-pack of plant themed mounts / Mordrem themed mounts
    Undead skeletal dragon for skyscale
    Falkor/chinese dragon inspired (NO legs, NO wings, snakey body, hovers off ground) for griffon
    Tron bike with visual effects for roller beetle
    Asura tech Hoverboard for skimmer

• Taigokumaru.4059Taigokumaru.4059 Member
    edited January 31, 2020
    1. Po-go stick skin for bunny.

I've been waiting over 2 years for that to come out. Other suggestions:

1. Smokescale skin for jackal.

2. Griffon Pegasus skin that is just a horse with angel wings, a horn, and a rainbow flying trail. I don't like current one in store. Sorry devs :\

3. Also Griffon skin: no mount at all. Just let the player appear as if they're flying by themselves. Can pretend we're superman/woman :p
      (Btw if you do this idea, I BETTER see any equipped Cape back pieces billowing with the wind!)

4. Similarly with Skyscale skin: no mount. Let us use big bat wings or something to flap around. Can roleplay as vampires!! When mounting, the player would sprout the wings from their back. Maybe dev's could find a way to make whatever backpiece wings the player is wearing function as the wings for this mount skin. That way, angel wing backpiece can facilitate roleplaying as flying angels.

5. Kangaroo skin for bunny. Player would sit in kangaroo pouch like baby kangaroo character in Winnie the Pooh.

6. For Raptor, I would like to see a creature with large front claws and a menacing face. When using raptor leap it holds claws out up high as if it's about to pounce on unsuspecting prey. Running might not look balanced though.

7. For Roller beetle, how about a Charr car skin or some full on hover bike (without the beetle showing)?

• Taigokumaru.4059Taigokumaru.4059 Member
    edited January 31, 2020

@Udolpho.1209 said:
    Fern hound skin for the jackal / full 5-pack of plant themed mounts / Mordrem themed mounts
    Undead skeletal dragon for skyscale
    Falkor/chinese dragon inspired (NO legs, NO wings, snakey body, hovers off ground) for griffon
    Tron bike with visual effects for roller beetle
    Asura tech Hoverboard for skimmer

kitten yes to the asura hoverboard skin for skimmer! Surfs up!!

Tron bike riding trail is good idea too.

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

I like how they did one of the raptor skins (This one here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordial_Raptor) and I'd love to see more of those real "dinosaur" inspired skins. Something similar to the Gallimimus probably.
    For the Jackal a suggestion would be a skin shaped like a Shiba Inu or something like Balthazar's hounds inspired.
    A tropical griffon inspired by an ara or parrot could work fine as well. I'd love to see a more tropical approach to the griffon as a change.
    For the Skyscale an idea would be a Rathalos inspired skin as they already did a glider that looks heavily like a Rath's wings. Or maybe something Aurene/Glint themed should look cool.
    But let's not forget to give the Skimmer some love too even if it's not used as much. My suggestion would be a skimmer inspired by a trilobite.
    In general I'd love to see a jurassic/prehistoric themed set of mount skins.

I'm Hunter, he/him
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/charactersgw2

• Amaranthe.3578Amaranthe.3578 Member ✭✭✭✭

A german Shepard jackal.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

Holographic mounts could be cool.
    Robotic mounts perhaps.
    A cool Pegasus would be awesome.

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020

Some insect/arachnid related skins. Imagine hoards of players running around and jumping at high speeds on giant war spiders.

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• @JeffJeth.9518 said:
    A real pegasus, or a real flying unicorn.

The current one looks like they glued a unicorn head onto one end of a griffon, horse legs onto the other, and called it a day. It's not even a pegasus. What we got was a hippogriff, except that a hippogriff is supposed to be the front end of a griffon and the back end of a horse, not this catty-corner abomination that looks like they tossed in a Corgi for good measure.

Anet can do better than this. Or if it can't, it needs to hire better designers.

I completely agree. kitten it's so cartoony I almost snorted my Coke. They slapped it together just to get it done. Aint seen no pegasus or unicorn like this before. Suppose to be majestic animal! I've waited years for this, and this what they give me. Pass. back to Elderr Scrolls for my pegasus fixation.

• Sylvari themed and charr themed skins for all mounts :)

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like a complete set of mounts themed on each of the races.

Humans: Mounts with smooth Seraph themed Armor.
    Norn: Mounts wearing warm Metalic Armor plates with Fur/Pelt padding, also some packs or bags hanging off the mounts.. Completing the Shiverpeaks mount set would be a fair compromise imo as these skins are pretty Nornlike.
    Charr: Mounts with War Armor, Thick armour with many jagged metal spikes, If possible the symbol of the legion your Charr choose represented on the mounts.
    Asura: Techno Armor with pulsing energy effects, also some Asuran devices/gadgets hanging off the mount.
    Sylvari: Sylvari themed plant mounts that leave trails of pollen/glowing orbs behind them.

Aside from that I'd like to see all currently incomplete sets such as Exalted, Alloyed, Lithosol etc get completed asap.
    Some of these sets like Star, Fire and Ice Mounts are only missing a single skin.
    At the moment I believe the only set of mount skins that has been fully completed is the Branded set.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just discovered something recently:
    https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Eternatus?file=P_Eternatus.png

It matches all my tastes, adapted to a skyscale, it can defenitely looks gorgeous.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    Just discovered something recently:
    https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Eternatus?file=P_Eternatus.png

It matches all my tastes, adapted to a skyscale, it can defenitely looks gorgeous.

Reminds me of the Apocrypha creatures or whatever back in Guild Wars 1. So I could see it. We sort of had that with a mount recently didn't we? One of the new raptor skins or something?

As for my suggestions:
    A mordrem mount pack with mordrem creatures adapated to existing mounts.
    Though some of them would be hard to incorporate with current mount skeletons.

Most imortantly - an elder dragon themed Skyscale pack.
    Really don't know why this hasn't already been approached outside of Steve/Primordus/Jormag not having any in-game representation yet.
    I.e.:
    Claw of Jormag,
    Shatterer
    Shadow of the dragon
    Undead tattered skeleton dragon - Zhaitan - Though we do technically have Teq already and a skeletal dragon could be better left for a Halloween special skin.
    Primordus - we already have quite a few flaming dragons but they could add a heavily Destroyer inspired skin.
    Steve - No clue as we don't really know what Steve looks like and I doubt they would want to spoil this if they plan on visiting that plot eventually.

Vinetooths and Awakened Abominations I think share the same skeletons don't they? I've always thought both could be cool mount skins.

Charr machine for Roller Beetle though I wonder if the vehicles we use in the upcoming Visions will be some new form of mount we gain access too in other game modes.

• Mikuchan.7261Mikuchan.7261 Member ✭✭✭

A Moa raptor skin.
    Would do a wonder for the yellow dye business.

• SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mikuchan.7261 said:
    A Moa raptor skin.
    Would do a wonder for the yellow dye business.

It would be kind of a Chocobo from FF...