So sad

Sansar.1302

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@primatos.5413 said:New meta... at least every second build is able to do some funny clown things before running away. So there is a 50/50 chance to meet such can cer. By porting away u reduce the chance to zero and won't be wasting time with the bulls hit meta builds

You risk nothing other than being mildly annoyed though.

So you have a choice between being mildly annoyed, and not being mildly annoyed, and you are are wondering which choice players take?

@Clownmug.8357 said:I'd at least try fighting something once to see if it's possible to win.

Who says players haven't? Doesn't take a genious to figure out that if you are on a pve or squad build, most roaming builds will severely outperform you.

@Clownmug.8357 said:If I lose a few times and seem to be countered, then maybe I'd start porting away just to save everyone time.

That's exactly what is happening. Only that the players died to someone else and not you, but they did learn their lesson and port away if their build is not a roaming build.

The "wrong build" excuse does not work anymore, what you mean are unskilled players who don't have protection of a group to carry them so they run. This is why I am glad templates came out, the "roaming build" excuse people loved using does not apply, you have less buttons to push to change your build to this uber powerful roaming build everyone talks about than it takes to WP. The thing is, it has never been about roaming builds vs zerg builds, rather it's always been about skill level of those who do not want to fight. Templates just shines a light on it.

Now, nothing wrong with running, no reason to give a free bag if you can't 1vs1, however just admit it.

If you don't want to risk getting into a fight you MIGHT lose, why even play PvP game modes? Not taking those hard fights also means never learning, when I run into someone who is a hard fight, I GO BACK, why? Because it's something to learn, its about improving your skill, you don't get better fighting bots, you get better by fighting those who can out play you and changing things up and trying new things to see what works.

Example, I ran into a thief who killed me, granted it was a 2vs1, however I was focusing him and not the ranger and he was countering everything, and I play DH which is more or less a thief counter. So I PMed him to shit talk to get him to come back and fight, and he did, we actually ended up getting to know each other and now hes on my friends list. And guess what? I learned his build and rotations, he is still a very skilled player, however it went over the course of an hour, from him wiping the floor with me, to 50/50 win/loss. I also realized how lazy I had gotten fighting thieves because it had been so long since I had run into a good one.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@primatos.5413 said:New meta... at least every second build is able to do some funny clown things before running away. So there is a 50/50 chance to meet such can cer. By porting away u reduce the chance to zero and won't be wasting time with the bulls hit meta builds

So you have a choice between being mildly annoyed, and not being mildly annoyed, and you are are wondering which choice players take?

@Clownmug.8357 said:I'd at least try fighting something once to see if it's possible to win.

Who says players haven't? Doesn't take a genious to figure out that if you are on a pve or squad build, most roaming builds will severely outperform you.

@Clownmug.8357 said:If I lose a few times and seem to be countered, then maybe I'd start porting away just to save everyone time.

That's exactly what is happening. Only that the players died to someone else and not you, but they did learn their lesson and port away if their build is not a roaming build.

The "wrong build" excuse does not work anymore, what you mean are unskilled players who don't have protection of a group to carry them so they run. This is why I am glad templates came out, the "roaming build" excuse people loved using does not apply, you have less buttons to push to change your build to this uber powerful roaming build everyone talks about than it takes to WP. The thing is, it has never been about roaming builds vs zerg builds, rather it's always been about skill level of those who do not want to fight. Templates just shines a light on it.

Now, nothing wrong with running, no reason to give a free bag if you can't 1vs1, however just admit it.

If you don't want to risk getting into a fight you MIGHT lose, why even play PvP game modes? Not taking those hard fights also means never learning, when I run into someone who is a hard fight, I GO BACK, why? Because it's something to learn, its about improving your skill, you don't get better fighting bots, you get better by fighting those who can out play you and changing things up and trying new things to see what works.

Example, I ran into a thief who killed me, granted it was a 2vs1, however I was focusing him and not the ranger and he was countering everything, and I play DH which is more or less a thief counter. So I PMed him to kitten talk to get him to come back and fight, and he did, we actually ended up getting to know each other and now hes on my friends list. And guess what? I learned his build and rotations, he is still a very skilled player, however it went over the course of an hour, from him wiping the floor with me, to 50/50 win/loss. I also realized how lazy I had gotten fighting thieves because it had been so long since I had run into a good one.

Pretty bold to assume players are going to slot a zerg- and a roaming build just because they could. I have 28 characters, each of which being equipped and built in a singular way. Some for zerg fighting, others for roaming. Will absolutely not equip my zerg chars with another set of roaming armor and vice versa just so I can min-max my performance in any given situation.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I am an avid WvW player spending most of my game time in WvW atm on multiple classes.

I have dedicated WvW characters with multiple template slots for different builds and classes.

Even I don't run WvW roaming builds on each of my characters. Why? Because I spend most of my time in squad evening WvW and closed internal guild groups.

If you assume that the tiny off fraction of players who actually roam (not gank) make up most of WvW, I have a boat to sell you...

@Len.1879 said:

Example, I ran into a thief who killed me, granted it was a 2vs1, however I was focusing him and not the ranger and he was countering everything, and I play DH which is more or less a thief counter. So I PMed him to kitten talk to get him to come back and fight, and he did, we actually ended up getting to know each other and now hes on my friends list. And guess what? I learned his build and rotations, he is still a very skilled player, however it went over the course of an hour, from him wiping the floor with me, to 50/50 win/loss. I also realized how lazy I had gotten fighting thieves because it had been so long since I had run into a good one.

Pretty bold to assume players are going to slot a zerg- and a roaming build just because they could. I have 28 characters, each of which being equipped and built in a singular way. Some for zerg fighting, others for roaming. Will absolutely not equip my zerg chars with another set of roaming armor and vice versa just so I can min-max my performance in any given situation.

Thats your mistake.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

I am an avid WvW player spending most of my game time in WvW atm on multiple classes.

I have dedicated WvW characters with multiple template slots for different builds and classes.

Even I don't run WvW roaming builds on each of my characters. Why? Because I spend most of my time in squad evening WvW and closed internal guild groups.

If you assume that the tiny off fraction of players who actually roam (not gank) make up most of WvW, I have a boat to sell you...

Again, your mistake.

This has to do with the player WPing and not some magical "roaming build". You have the tools at hand to be on level footing, but you (for whatever reason) refuse to. That is a L2P issue if I have ever seen one.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

This has to do with the player WPing and not some magical "roaming build". You have the tools at hand to be on level footing, but you (for whatever reason) refuse to. That is a L2P issue if I have ever seen one.

If it makes you feel better to see it that way, sure. But last time I checked the only people complaining about it were the ones trying to force other players to play the way they want them to, feel sad that it doesn't work out, and then take their frustration to the forums.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

I never said it wasn't in my hand. I gave a rational explanation as to why players teleport....

The fact that you believe roaming or 1vx is of a lot of interest to players in WvW is your personal subjective opinion.

@Len.1879 said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

If it makes you feel better to see it that way, sure. But last time I checked the only people complaining about it were the ones trying to force other players to play the way they want them to, feel sad that it doesn't work out, and then take their frustration to the forums.

I don't see it that way, that is just how it is.

I don't see anyone saying people should play a given way, I see an OP asking why people just WP without even trying, and then I see people making excuses of "roaming builds", which has always been used as the excuse, now that we have templates it's "I can't be bothered to do that", because there are no excuses left.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

I never said it wasn't in my hand. I gave a rational explanation as to why players teleport....

The fact that you believe roaming or 1vx is of a lot of interest to players in WvW is your personal subjective opinion.

Where, at all did I say that?

I actually stated that running is totally fine, and should be done, as giving a free bag to someone does yourself and your server no good. What I said is that the common mantra of "oh roaming build" does not apply anymore, it is and was an excuse. Rather, the person is in most cases is just not good at 1vs1 fighting.

People are scared of dying for some reason? Idk man. If you die you're going to end up waypointing so its the same either way. You don't lose much expect some time and you're already wasting your time playing a game so it doesn't really matter. I always fight to the bitter end, even if it's 1v50. If I get even 1 its a win in my book. The combat in this game is one of the few enjoyable aspect for me so I fight every chance I get because there really isn't a reason not to.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

I don't see anyone saying people should play a given way, I see an OP asking why people just WP without even trying, and then I see people making excuses of "roaming builds", which has always been used as the excuse, now that we have templates it's "I can't be bothered to do that", because there are no excuses left.

Well, you are magically seeing a problem in players teleporting to avoid fights -- whatever their reasoning on that may be. That seems pretty much like your personal problem. Not something everyone else has to adept to, as implied by "your mistake".

I am with @Cyninja.2954 on that one. All I did was giving you an explanation on why people might not be keen to use templates.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

so you should have th eright to force people into fights - because you enjoy it, are experienced and have the build?

well, with that logic I have the right to just port away whenever you are closing in.

You want to force people to play the way you want - and then you complain people do not want to play your game.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

so you should have th eright to force people into fights - because you enjoy it, are experienced and have the build?

well, with that logic I have the right to just port away whenever you are closing in.

You want to force people to play the way you want - and then you complain people do not want to play your game.

I think the issue comes down to wanting to play the game. When you wp on a fight, you dont play, they dont get to play, so then what's the point of even being logged in? I get the mentality behind waypointing away and not saying it's unreasonable, I just don't agree with it myself. The combat is what's good in this game so fight everything all the time. Who cares if you lose, it doesn't cost you much of anything except some time. You get similar complaints as this from zerg players when smaller zergs wont fight them. It's all around this not wanting to die mentality. Who cares, its a game, burn all your skills and hope you get lucky and go out in a blaze of glory.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:I think the issue comes down to wanting to play the game. When you wp on a fight, you dont play, they dont get to play, so then what's the point of even being logged in? I get the mentality behind waypointing away and not saying it's unreasonable, I just don't agree with it myself. The combat is what's good in this game so fight everything all the time. Who cares if you lose, it doesn't cost you much of anything except some time. You get similar complaints as this from zerg players when smaller zergs wont fight them. It's all around this not wanting to die mentality. Who cares, its a game, burn all your skills and hope you get lucky and go out in a blaze of glory.

Nah, the issue comes down to the same old argument that is being had in every single thread like this: that there is absolutely no consistency among the player base as to "how" WvW is supposed to be played. To not take a stance here and word it neutrally: there are several views on this and each claims to be right, usually condemning all other ways of playing in the process.

@Len.1879 said:

Well, you are magically seeing a problem in players teleporting to avoid fights -- whatever their reasoning on that may be. That seems pretty much like your personal problem. Not something everyone else has to adept to, as implied by "your mistake".

I am with @Cyninja.2954 on that one. All I did was giving you an explanation on why people might not be keen to use templates.

Where, yet again, did I say I have a problem with it? I stated that WPing away is totally fine, so please do quote me on where I said this, because you seem to be interjecting what you want to here. If you do not, and continue on in this direction, I am just going to assume you are being disingenuous and ignore you.

"Your mistake" has to do with refusing to use the tools available to you. However, rather than just stating you can't be bothered to learn or fight, you just say "roaming builds". I am not, nor have I stated you have to, I am just pointing out that "roaming builds" is an excuse and nothing more.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@Len.1879 said:

Thats your mistake.

Again, your mistake.

Where, where, WHERE did I say that? Please, go on and quote it, I will wait.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Where, yet again, did I say I have a problem with it? I stated that WPing away is totally fine, so please do quote me on where I said this, because you seem to be interjecting what you want to here. If you do not, and continue on in this direction, I am just going to assume you are being disingenuous and ignore you."Your mistake" has to do with refusing to use the tools available to you. However, rather than just stating you can't be bothered to learn or fight, you just say "roaming builds". I am not, nor have I stated you have to, I am just pointing out that "roaming builds" is an excuse and nothing more.

Again, you are talking about "refusing" or "can't be bothered to". I "can't be bothered to" because there simply is no issue. Say I open a thread where I complain about not everyone running around coloured entirely in pink armor, although they have the tools at hand, since colouring your gear is simple and free. People would rightfully be confused and probably explain to me that they prefer other colours. Me then telling them "that's your mistake" sends a pretty clear message how I think there is an issue when there is none, beside the one in my own head.

@Len.1879 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Where, yet again, did I say I have a problem with it? I stated that WPing away is totally fine, so please do quote me on where I said this, because you seem to be interjecting what you want to here. If you do not, and continue on in this direction, I am just going to assume you are being disingenuous and ignore you."Your mistake" has to do with refusing to use the tools available to you. However, rather than just stating you can't be bothered to learn or fight, you just say "roaming builds". I am not, nor have I stated you have to, I am just pointing out that "roaming builds" is an excuse and nothing more.

Again, you are talking about "refusing" or "can't be bothered to". I "can't be bothered to" because there simply is no issue. Say I open a thread where I complain about not everyone running around coloured entirely in pink armor, although they have the tools at hand, since colouring your gear is simple and free. People would rightfully be confused and probably explain to me that they prefer other colours. Me then telling them "that's your mistake" sends a pretty clear message how I think there is an issue when there is none, beside the one in my own head.

No.

Color gains you no advantage or benefit in a competitive game mode, the point of which is combat. Even still, using your own example, it would be entering a competition of which the point is to be pink, but you refuse to, even though it is available to you, and someone asks why, and you say "because roaming builds exist".

Now, after asking that question in your example and someone gives "roaming builds" as a response, you would say "what does that have to do with your choice?". Roaming builds have nothing to do with it, it is the persons choice to avoid 1vs1 combat regardless of build.

Stating that it is your mistake to not use a feature that gains you an advantage is indeed your mistake, you are sticking your fingers in your ear and yelling "LALALALALALALALALA". It's like someone saying they avoid fights because of CC and someone pointing out they have a skill that gives something called stability and you saying "i'm not going to use that, I have stability slotted on another character".

You are also still claiming I mean the opposite of what I explicitly stated. If that is what you feel in your own head, I can't control that, however whatever mental gymnastics that go on in your head to get to that assumption has no bearing on the fact that stating "roaming builds" is an excuse and nothing more.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

No.

Color gains you no advantage or benefit in a competitive game mode, the point of which is combat. Even still, using your own example, it would be entering a competition of which the point is to be pink, but you refuse to, even though it is available to you, and someone asks why, and you say "because roaming builds exist".

Yes! That is absolutely the point! Because you seem to believe we all enter the competition of "potentionally fighting 1v1s", but some of us don't. So the whole argument about underachieving is null and void. I am here explaining to you that to some players that 1v1 part is just not important in some cases and therefore improving their chances is irrelevant.

Now, after asking that question in your example and someone gives "roaming builds" as a response, you would say "what does that have to do with your choice?". Roaming builds have nothing to do with it, it is the persons choice to avoid 1vs1 combat regardless of build.

Totally! I am absolutely with you on it being personal choice to avoid a fight. But please, do keep your assumptions about our general capabilities to yourself ("you can't be bothered to learn or fight"). I am very much capable to fight duels if I am set up for it, just not on my Necromancer that only has gear for zerg fighting, while I have two more Necros that are equipped for smallscale. Engaging into battle with a diamond legend Soulbeast with ascended food buff that comes for me all all fire and fury is neither heroic nor clever.

You are also still claiming I mean the opposite of what I explicitly stated. If that is what you feel in your own head, I can't control that, however whatever mental gymnastics that go on in your head to get to that assumption has no bearing on the fact that stating "roaming builds" is an excuse and nothing more.

I am not sure in how many more different variations I can word this to make it comprehensible to you. There is nothing to be excused, as you and I seem to have different views on what is "right" to do. So it is not an excuse. It is an explanation, since OP asked. And it is very much a valid explanation, since, as I told you, I have 28 characters, each with a single build. Feel free to fund me 28 more sets of gear to switch between builds to adjust to the situation, then I might consider it.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Almost, but it's pretty surface-level to assume "it has never been about builds vs builds".

I main support in WvW, all of my templates are aimed for that across all of my characters. I don't run from 1v1 fights because I can't change my template fast enough, I run from 1v1 fights because I was never built for them nor do I find enjoyment out of them. Hence why I purely focus on teamplay.

To each, their own.

Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

@"Dante.1763" said:Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

Ill port back to home base as soon as i see another player and not become a free loot bag while trying to capture objectives. Forgive me for not being able to fight people i cant see, or cant hurt because of their build. I also dont enjoy 1v1s, or well, fights at all, especially with how the game is now. My reflexes arent that great and its the meta of if you goof one skill on your rotation you -die- instantly, and since im built for taking camps and towers, i cant fight players who run any of the obnoxious builds that exist atm.

If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.Well that just makes me wonder how you can be "built for taking camps and towers" since that usually assumes fighting players and in the former case with camps, often roamers.

But hey if you dont want to fight them, more enemies for the rest to fight. Its teamplay, I guess.

@Dante.1763 said:Forgive me for not finding it all fun to get insta killed.

If someone does hit me before i can teleport, i usually stand still and let them kill me, just to speed the process up.

So, I’ve been following the thread for most of the day..

I have to ask: Why play WvW then?

We know the rewards are crappy per hour compared to almost any other mode..

You are running alone so it’s not your guild...

I just...