To reach plat.... with high ping

DoRi Silvia.4159

Hi hiSo I have been trying to reach plat tier this season and it seems almost everytime I get close the ping is the difference that makes it hard for me..Playing from NZ I have constantly 250 to 300ms and usually this makes about a .5 to .8 second delay.

For example, if I see someone running and I run with them and I am definitely in their range to hit an auto attack but in reality they are a little further away or I'm not as close as it looks if that makes sense.. and playing a melee class on top of this makes it difficult at times...

Did anyone here with high ping manage to reach plat or above ? I just wanted to see if they had any tips or tricks or if it's just a matter of git gud and try react .5 sec earlier

Plat 1 definitely possibe, Plat 2 above very very very difficult. ping matters so much when you matched up against good player..

I'm from south east asia, so I have same issue as you, I usually bounce between plat 1 - gold 3, eventually ended up in plat 1 by end of season, so yeah possible. Although, I'm playing ranger, it's the most friendly class for high ping player imo. I understand the diffculty of playing melee class like warrior, it's hard to land the chain cc.