Some where for AT teams to queue (5 man?)

Zexanima.7851

@"Xentera.4560" said:One day devs will realize pitting a randomly selected PUG against a 5 man guild team is a terrible idea in any game mode.

Right? I wouldn't be so salty about it if we actually had a chance vs them. It's not like a PUG group is going suddenly share discord info, swap to a meta comp, develop team work and hours of practicing together in that 1:30 before the match starts. It's like going to a football game and choosing the second team from random people in the crowd.

Someone: "Well you should lose, queue with your own five man next time"

I don't want to have to gather a try hard team every time I want to test a build or practice a profession I'm not familiar with in unranked. It's not like these guys are getting any good experience out of crushing pugs, it's more just trolling. If they want to practice they should scrim with some other 5 man where they can actually get good experience instead of basically locking people out of unranked who are just trying to chill after work. I know the system allows it but they should really not queue unranked for 'practice'. It's like, you can fart in an elevator, but you really shouldn't.

it's unranked or quit gw2 for anyone who wants to play in a five man. blame anet, not the players- their only alternative is to quit and play something else

I did the latter, but I'll be back with my buddies to farm you in unranked in a full sweaty comp if this upcoming balance patch is good. playing against people playing the game seriously would be nice, but hey guess I'll have to settle for ruining your after work chill out session ;-)

@choovanski.5462 said:it's unranked or quit gw2 for anyone who wants to play in a five man. blame anet, not the players- their only alternative is to quit and play something else

I mean, they could go scrim with other AT teams in a custom arena if their goal is to actually improve and practice for AT's. Playing unranked in a coordinated 5 man AT team doesn't net you any improvement. You just roll pugs

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:it's unranked or quit gw2 for anyone who wants to play in a five man. blame anet, not the players- their only alternative is to quit and play something else

I mean, they could go scrim with other AT teams in a custom arena if their goal is to actually improve and practice for AT's. Playing unranked in a coordinated 5 man AT team doesn't net you any improvement. You just roll pugs

setting up a scrim is a hassle. unranked is quick games, and gives you the ability to at least test some level of team synergy. can't blame them for playing 5 man in the only place anet let's them

also, as I mentioned in my edit a lot of people like playing in a 5 man. I sure do. it's much more fun than playing with pugs on bad builds and afk players. team synergy is fun, and so is meming in discord.

so yeah, if I'm ever back with this patch it will be to farm people in unranked in a full team XD what a joke of a queue system

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Custom arenas for that OP

Go tell that to AT groups queuing unranked.

That was for you to avoid getting 5 man teams against you, not them.

Why is it always the AT teams and top of the leader board players that have the right-of-way in PvP? The fuck am I doing getting queued multiple times against a pre-made? One time? Sure. Multiple times? Come on now, I even waited a good 10 minutes to try to queue dodge them. Way do I have to stop playing the game mode to avoid getting roflstomped because Anet can't make a 5 man ranked mode? This is the reason the pvp community is shrinking is people having to tip toe around this crap. It's not on me, it's on anet. I didn't choose to play against these guys, I was put against them. Don't go blaming me I didn't want this.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Why is it always the AT teams and top of the leader board players that have the right-of-way in PvP? The kitten am I doing getting queued multiple times against a pre-made? One time? Sure. Multiple times? Come on now, I even waited a good 10 minutes to try to queue dodge them. Way do I have to stop playing the game mode to avoid getting roflstomped because Anet can't make a 5 man ranked mode? This is the reason the pvp community is shrinking is people having to tip toe around this kitten. It's not on me, it's on anet. I didn't choose to play against these guys, I was put against them. Don't go blaming me I didn't want this.

This sentiment is probably precisely why so many people voted for solo q and fight tooth and nail to stop premades from seeping back into ranked to begin with, actually. Neither the players that want to rank nor the players that play unranked want to be pubstomped. Unranked just happens to be the less punishing place to put the premades (and ironically this choice punishes ranked because now ranked is subjected to wintrading/match manip), but-

I've been thinking about this off and on. Premades do indeed fix the problems of people not pulling their weight in ranked/unranked, but at the cost of anyone that just wants a quick game's sanity.

We probably dont have enough players to satisfy both wishes (in the sense of making a team and solo queue for both unranked and ranked) , on top of that. I hope that swiss provides a more frequent /better rewarded system for people that want to do team comps so we have enough room for both player flavors.

@bluri.2653 said:Go q ranked if u want to avoid 5man q’s

I mean, he's right. I don't know whether that's good or bad at this point.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Why is it always the AT teams and top of the leader board players that have the right-of-way in PvP? The kitten am I doing getting queued multiple times against a pre-made? One time? Sure. Multiple times? Come on now, I even waited a good 10 minutes to try to queue dodge them. Way do I have to stop playing the game mode to avoid getting roflstomped because Anet can't make a 5 man ranked mode? This is the reason the pvp community is shrinking is people having to tip toe around this kitten. It's not on me, it's on anet. I didn't choose to play against these guys, I was put against them. Don't go blaming me I didn't want this.

You asked how to avoid matching up against 5 man teams there are 2 choices.Ranked were at most you can be put against 2 duo ques on opposite team.You had already shot down that one so I gave you the other one custom arena.

@choovanski.5462 said:

setting up a scrim is a hassle. unranked is quick games, and gives you the ability to at least test some level of team synergy. can't blame them for playing 5 man in the only place anet let's them

also, as I mentioned in my edit a lot of people like playing in a 5 man. I sure do. it's much more fun than playing with pugs on bad builds and afk players. team synergy is fun, and so is meming in discord.

so yeah, if I'm ever back with this patch it will be to farm people in unranked in a full team XD what a joke of a queue system

You laugh now until PvP ends up like EotM. Jokes on you when every pug team you face just sits in spawn and you don't actually get to do anything but wait for the ticks to reach 500. I've had those games and it's not fun for either side. Am I saying there shouldn't be a team mode? No, it just needs to have it's own queue.

@Linken.6345 said:

You asked how to avoid matching up against 5 man teams there are 2 choices.Ranked were at most you can be put against 2 duo ques on opposite team.You had already shot down that one so I gave you the other one custom arena.

I never asked how to avoid it. I'm looking for solutions so it won't be a thing in the first place.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

You laugh now until PvP ends up like EotM. Jokes on you when every pug team you face just sits in spawn and you don't actually get to do anything but wait for the ticks to reach 500. I've had those games and it's not fun for either side. Am I saying there shouldn't be a team mode? No, it just needs to have it's own queue.

oh, this game is a joke. I don't even have it installed, I'm just checking forums every now and then waiting on this patch, see if it's any good.

I talked about it with my old PvP pals, who all quit too. we'll come back if it's good, but our only option is to play unranked- because that's just how many of us there are.

a team queue mode in ranked like their used to be with split queues would be excellent, but hey I don't think that's coming so unranked is all we got lol. it's a joke of a queue system as I said, I don't think either of us are happy with it.

however, the other team giving up and just afking is not a worry of mine. afk players ruining games is already a thing in solo queue ranked, at least in this situation I'm guaranteed the afk is on the other team XD

You seem to miss the point. Have you fought an AT team in a pug? You don't get to play, you just get stomped. I might as well just went and made a sandwich. It was a continuous waste of time and this happened for multiple games, not just one.

no that actually never happend to me. Getting to fight a decent at team would be kind of a fun experience. The most 5 man teams i faced in unranked arent that great. If it happens just accept it. Gw2 doesnt have a large enough player base for an 5 man extra q.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This sentiment is probably precisely why so many people voted for solo q and fight tooth and nail to stop premades from seeping back into ranked to begin with, actually. Neither the players that want to rank nor the players that play unranked want to be pubstomped. Unranked just happens to be the less punishing place to put the premades (and ironically this choice punishes ranked because now ranked is subjected to wintrading/match manip), but-

I've been thinking about this off and on. Premades do indeed fix the problems of people not pulling their weight in ranked/unranked, but at the cost of anyone that just wants a quick game's sanity.

We probably dont have enough players to satisfy both wishes (in the sense of making a team and solo queue for both unranked and ranked) , on top of that. I hope that swiss provides a more frequent /better rewarded system for people that want to do team comps so we have enough room for both player flavors.

@bluri.2653 said:Go q ranked if u want to avoid 5man q’s

I mean, he's right. I don't know whether that's good or bad at this point.

Do PvP players want a smaller player base because this is how you get a smaller player base.

@Ghostof Luzifer.6159 said:

You seem to miss the point. Have you fought an AT team in a pug? You don't get to play, you just get stomped. I might as well just went and made a sandwich. It was a continuous waste of time and this happened for multiple games, not just one.

no that actually never happend to me. Getting to fight a decent at team would be kind of a fun experience. The most 5 man teams i faced in unranked arent that great. If it happens just accept it. Gw2 doesnt have a large enough player base for an 5 man extra q.

It's not a decent fight, it's absolutely one sided. It's not fun, you just learn that a pug does not have the organization/comp to beat a pre-made.

@Zexanima.7851 said:Do PvP players want a smaller player base because this is how you get a smaller player base.

I get that running up against premades in unranked is frustrating, We do have a group of people that want to also ranked solo, though.

Ideally ranked should be for teams, and unranked should be for solo. You're going to upset a group of people no matter what option you pick though.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:Do PvP players want a smaller player base because this is how you get a smaller player base.

I get that running up against premades in unranked is frustrating, It sucks for the solo players at unranked, but the playerbase will suffer more from the alternative as it stands.

Your right, but my frustration isn't any less justified. My outlook of PvP is bleak at this point. Unless this next patch changes stuff in a big way some how I think I'll finally have had enough.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I get that running up against premades in unranked is frustrating, It sucks for the solo players at unranked, but the playerbase will suffer more from the alternative as it stands.

Your right, but my frustration isn't any less justified. My outlook of PvP is bleak at this point. Unless this next patch changes stuff in a big way some how I think I'll finally have had enough.

Hopefully Swiss gives premades a more rewarding way to do team pvp that isnt struggling to make automatics, and we will still have breathing room for solo players after its implementation.The team players werent happy about getting booted out of ranked either, but before we bleed more players by shoving teams back into ranked again stabilizing the classes comes first.