Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:

1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
  2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..

@KingJoko.1625 said:

@"Geoff Fey.1035" said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:
  1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
  2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..

Thank you, was a little bit turned around (need more Desert Coffee). It makes sense for the weapon to be required for the next tier, but in the same breath they should do what they did with precursors and put a note on the tool tip "Used in creating X". Coming along 2 months later with "SURPRISE you should have kept X" when most people already have dozens of Berserker weapons so would mostly only hunt the achievement is absolute lunacy....

THORN!!!!!

Yeah I'm absolutely sending in a ticket to have them restored to my inventory. Completely ridiculous padding if they think it's reasonable to make people remake them just because they as devs didn't know they were gonna want to go in this direction with them ahead of time. If they won't restore them, I'll just never make them.

The recipe is: 1 restored boreal greatsword 2 amalgamted draconic lodestones 10 globs of ectoplasm 35 eitrite ingotsI am hoping they figure out a way to give these back to us if we no longer have them.Something along the lines of broken Caladblog but much cheaper. Not the 10 elonian wine per.

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:

Thank you, was a little bit turned around (need more Desert Coffee). It makes sense for the weapon to be required for the next tier, but in the same breath they should do what they did with precursors and put a note on the tool tip "Used in creating X". Coming along 2 months later with "SURPRISE you should have kept X" when most people already have dozens of Berserker weapons so would mostly only hunt the achievement is absolute lunacy....

THORN!!!!!

Well not really first tier of the weapon wasent even a physical thing only a skin you had to buy to be able to craft tier 2.

Why couldent tier 3 just be a skin to buy aswell?

I sent in a ticket for mine to be restored as well. I would have fine having the Illuminated weapons require the Restored one for crafting if it was released at the same time and it was clear that that was the case. However, A Whisper in the Dark released November 19th and they didn't say anything about having to hold onto upwards of 16 weapons for months to craft the next tier. Especially when the previous tier only required the skin and Astral and Heroic weapons only required the skin and related achievement.

What should have happened is that to buy the Illuminated recipes you simply had to have completed Master of the Ancestral Forge. Put that as a requirement and remove the need for the actual Restored weapon in your inventory.

Here's hoping they change it—or at least return salvaged weapons—because I am not grinding out a whole new set of Restored weapons because someone thought it would be a "nice" surprise.

Well, I'm genuinely angry.

We had absolutely no way of knowing we'd need to hold onto these weapons for another stage. Not a single solitary word was said of it in the descriptions or from the NPCs. Nothing.

And as previously pointed out, Berserker Inscriptions, and T6 Blood Vials in general, are not exactly cheap.All this does is send a message from Anet to not actually DO anything. No collections. No Achievements. Do absolutely NOTHING until everything is done.Because they very well may just pull another fast one.

"Oh you completed a collection for all 3 weights of an armor set? Well, we're introducing another tier of it. Hope you actually KEPT the armor and aren't actually using it on anyone right now! Would be a shame if you put expensive runes on it too!"

I am absolutely entering an angry ticket about this later. It's bad enough finishing The Moot went on hold because of how much t6 blood I used for the collection. This is just a sticky loogie to the face, followed by a slap.

Update:I did submit a ticket and GM Fiction restored the weapons to my account, so I am quite grateful for that.It doesn't make the situation any less annoying, as now I have to paranoidly wonder if there are other armors and weapons in the future I will need to hoard in case this happens again. Bellecoso is practically full up on hoarding overflow. Time to assign another toon.

of course I salvaged every single restored piece - they are worthless for anyone with any decent play time. And no warning that this crappy stuff might be needed later.

Really a bad move.

But... the whole episode was kind of underwhelming so far. so... no surprise actually. Reusing open world events for story steps... reusing music from Pof (or at least it sounds like it was in PoF) and a map that is missing the grandious beauty of the the other shiverpeak maps without the horrors of Orr. :/